Words containing sol
3 letter words containing sol
- sol — an ancient Roman god personifying the sun.
4 letter words containing sol
- bsol — Blue Screen of Life
- sola — an Indian shrub, Aeschynomene aspera, of the legume family, the pith of which is used for making helmets.
- sold — simple past tense and past participle of sell1 .
- sole — being the only one; only: the sole living relative.
- soli — a musical composition or a passage or section in a musical composition written for performance by one singer or instrumentalist, with or without accompaniment: She sang a solo.
5 letter words containing sol
6 letter words containing sol
- -soled — -soled combines with adjectives and nouns to form adjectives which describe shoes with a particular kind of sole.
- consol — an irredeemable British government security carrying an annual interest rate of two and a half or four per cent
- cresol — an aromatic compound derived from phenol, existing in three isomeric forms: found in coal tar and creosote and used in making synthetic resins and as an antiseptic and disinfectant; hydroxytoluene. Formula: C6H4(CH3)OH
- insole — the inner sole of a shoe or boot.
- isolda — a female given name, form of Iseult.
7 letter words containing sol
- absolue — Obsolete typography of absolve.
- absolut — (slang) absolute, usually in reference to something represented as trendy, popular, or cutting-edge.
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- aerosol — An aerosol is a small container in which a liquid such as paint or deodorant is kept under pressure. When you press a button, the liquid is forced out as a fine spray or foam.
- alfisol — a fertile soil of humid regions that occurs worldwide, especially where native broadleaf forests were established, and is highly productive for agriculture.
8 letter words containing sol
- absolute — Absolute means total and complete.
- absolved — Simple past tense and past participle of absolve.
- absolver — to free from guilt or blame or their consequences: The court absolved her of guilt in his death.
- absolves — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of absolve.
- aerosols — Plural form of aerosol.
9 letter words containing sol
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- absolvent — a person who absolves
- absolving — Present participle of absolve.
- antisolar — facing in the opposite direction to the sun
- backsolve — To determine the inputs that would lead to a given output in a mathematical system.
10 letter words containing sol
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
11 letter words containing sol
- absolutions — Plural form of absolution.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- absolvitory — Of or pertaining to a dismissal or an acquittal.
- aerosolised — Simple past tense and past participle of aerosolise.
- aerosolized — Simple past tense and past participle of aerosolize.
12 letter words containing sol
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- backsolution — The process or result of backsolving.
- brise-soleil — a structure used in hot climates to protect a window from the sun, usually consisting of horizontal or vertical strips of wood, concrete, etc
- consolations — the act of consoling; comfort; solace.
13 letter words containing sol
- consolidating — to bring together (separate parts) into a single or unified whole; unite; combine: They consolidated their three companies.
- consolidation — the act of consolidating or state of being consolidated
- consolidative — Tending or having power to consolidate.
- consolidators — Plural form of consolidator.
- disconsolated — Obsolete form of disconsolate.
14 letter words containing sol
- aerosolisation — The process by which a material, usually a solid or liquid, is dispersed into an aerosol form.
- aerosolization — the production or dispersal of an aerosol
- consolidations — Plural form of consolidation.
- cross-dissolve — dissolve (def 17).
- disconsolately — without consolation or solace; hopelessly unhappy; inconsolable: Loss of her pet dog made her disconsolate.
15 letter words containing sol
- high-resolution — having or capable of producing an image characterized by fine detail: high-resolution photography; high-resolution lens.
- hypocortisolism — (medicine) A cortisol deficiency.
- inconsolability — not able to be comforted or consoled; disconsolate: She was inconsolable when her son died.
- indissolubility — not dissoluble; incapable of being dissolved, decomposed, undone, or destroyed.
- irresolvability — The quality of being irresolvable.
16 letter words containing sol
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- disconsolateness — (uncountable) The state of being disconsolate; gloom.
- gasoline-powered — using gasoline as fuel
- inconsolableness — The quality of being inconsolable.
- indissolubleness — The quality of being indissoluble.
17 letter words containing sol
- anti-isolationism — the policy or doctrine of isolating one's country from the affairs of other nations by declining to enter into alliances, foreign economic commitments, international agreements, etc., seeking to devote the entire efforts of one's country to its own advancement and remain at peace by avoiding foreign entanglements and responsibilities.
18 letter words containing sol
- methylprednisolone — A synthetic glucocorticoid drug, with chemical formula C22H30O5.
19 letter words containing sol
- the-song-of-solomon — a book of the Bible. Abbreviation: Sol.
On this page, we collect all words with SOL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1001 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SOL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.