Words containing sil
3 letter words containing sil
- sil — 1. "SIL - A Simulation Language", N. Houbak, LNCS 426, Springer 1990. 2. SNOBOL Implementation Language. Intermediate language forming a virtual machine for the implementation of portable interpreters. Version 3.11. ftp://cs.arizona.edu/snobol4/. E-mail: <[email protected]>.
4 letter words containing sil
- isil — Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant. See ISIS.
- sild — (in Scandinavia) any of numerous species of herring.
- sile — to pour with rain
- silk — the soft, lustrous fiber obtained as a filament from the cocoon of the silkworm.
- sill — Mount, a mountain in E central California, in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. 14,153 feet (4314 meters).
5 letter words containing sil
6 letter words containing sil
7 letter words containing sil
- basilan — a group of islands in the Philippines, SW of Mindanao
- basilar — of or situated at a base
- basilic — designating or of a large vein of the upper arm, on the inner side of the biceps muscle
- bossily — given to ordering people about; overly authoritative; domineering.
- crusily — (in heraldry) decorated with small crosses
8 letter words containing sil
- basilard — a medieval dagger having a tapering blade with straight transverse quillons and a T -shaped pommel.
- basilary — Basilar.
- basildon — a town in SE England, in S Essex: designated a new town in 1955. Pop: 99 876 (2001)
- basilect — (in a region where creole is or has been spoken) the dialect closest to that creole and furthest removed from the most prestigious dialect (the acrolect) of the region
- basileus — A title of the Byzantine emperor.
9 letter words containing sil
10 letter words containing sil
- arcesilaus — 316–241 b.c, Greek philosopher.
- basilectal — (linguistics) of, or relating to a basilect.
- basilicata — a region of S Italy, between the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Gulf of Taranto. Capital: Potenza. Pop: 596 821 (2003 est). Area: 9985 sq km (3855 sq miles)
- consilient — showing consilience
- disilicate — (inorganic chemistry) Any compound containing two silicate anions.
11 letter words containing sil
- antimissile — relating to defensive measures against missile attack
- basil-thyme — a European plant, Acinos arvensis, having clusters of small violet-and-white flowers: family Lamiaceae
- consilience — agreement between inductions drawn from different sets of data or from different academic disciplines
- desilverize — to extract silver from (metal)
- disillusion — to free from or deprive of illusion, belief, idealism, etc.; disenchant.
12 letter words containing sil
- borosilicate — a salt of boric and silicic acids
- circumfusile — able to be diffused or poured around
- disillusions — Plural form of disillusion.
- ferrosilicon — a ferroalloy containing up to 95 percent silicon.
- fissilingual — having a forked tongue
13 letter words containing sil
- alumosilicate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion [AlSiO4]-1.
- cyclosilicate — any silicate in which the SiO 4 tetrahedra are linked to form rings.
- disilluminate — to darken
- disillusioned — to free from or deprive of illusion, belief, idealism, etc.; disenchant.
- fossiliferous — bearing or containing fossils, as rocks or strata.
14 letter words containing sil
- alumosilicates — Plural form of alumosilicate.
- circumscissile — (of the dry dehiscent fruits of certain plants) opening completely by a transverse split
- cyclosilicates — Plural form of cyclosilicate.
- disillusionary — of or relating to disillusion
- disillusioning — to free from or deprive of illusion, belief, idealism, etc.; disenchant.
15 letter words containing sil
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- desilverization — the process of desilverizing (metal); the state of having been desilverized
- disillusionised — Simple past tense and past participle of disillusionise.
- disillusionized — Simple past tense and past participle of disillusionize.
- disillusionment — to free from or deprive of illusion, belief, idealism, etc.; disenchant.
16 letter words containing sil
- aluminosilicates — Plural form of aluminosilicate.
- hypsilophodontid — An informal grouping of small ornithopod dinosaurs, regarded as fast, herbivorous bipeds on the order of 1\u20132 meters long (3.3-6.6 feet).
- transilluminator — to cause light to pass through.
17 letter words containing sil
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- hypsilophodontids — Plural form of hypsilophodontid.
20 letter words containing sil
- languedoc-roussillon — a region of S France, on the Gulf of Lions: consists of the departments of Lozère, Gard, Hérault, Aude, and Pyrénées-Orientales; mainly mountainous with a coastal plain
45 letter words containing sil
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis — an obscure term ostensibly referring to a lung disease caused by silica dust, sometimes cited as one of the longest words in the English language.
On this page, we collect all words with SIL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 726 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SIL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.