Words containing sh
3 letter words containing sh
- ash — Ash is the grey or black powdery substance that is left after something is burnt. You can also refer to this substance as ashes.
4 letter words containing sh
- asha — the cosmic principle of order, justice, righteousness, and truth.
- ashe — Arthur (Robert). 1943–93, US tennis player: US champion 1968; Wimbledon champion 1975
- ashy — of a pale greyish colour; ashen
- bash — A bash is a party or celebration, especially a large one held by an official organization or attended by famous people.
- bish — a mistake
5 letter words containing sh
- abash — to cause to feel ill at ease, embarrassed, or confused; make ashamed
- aisha — ?613–678 ad, the favourite wife of Mohammed; daughter of Abu Bekr
- amish — The Amish are members of a Protestant sect whose rural way of life is simple and strict.
- apish — stupid; foolish
- ashen — Someone who is ashen looks very pale, especially because they are ill, shocked, or frightened.
6 letter words containing sh
- ablush — (of a person) blushing
- abrash — any variation or change, typically striation, in the different dyes of an Oriental rug as it ages.
- achish — the king of the Philistine city of Gath, who twice gave refuge to David. I Sam. 21:10–15.
- aflush — (archaic, or, poetic) flushed, blushing.
- afresh — If you do something afresh, you do it again in a different way.
7 letter words containing sh
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- abolish — If someone in authority abolishes a system or practice, they formally put an end to it.
- ahishar — a chamberlain in Solomon's household. I Kings 4:6.
- airshed — a region sharing a common flow of air, which may become uniformly polluted and stagnant
8 letter words containing sh
- actorish — of, relating to, or characteristic of an actor
- admonish — If you admonish someone, you tell them very seriously that they have done something wrong.
- air-ship — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- airbrush — An airbrush is an artist's tool which sprays paint onto a surface.
- amidship — in or toward the middle part of a ship or aircraft; midway between the ends.
9 letter words containing sh
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- aftershow — a party held after a public performance of a play or film
- al-ashari — Abu ʾl-Hasan [ah-boo al-ha-san] /ˈɑ bu æl hæˈsæn/ (Show IPA), a.d. c873–936, the formulator of the classical synthesis in Islamic philosophical theology known as Ashʿarism.
- aldershot — a town in S England, in Hampshire: site of a large military camp. Pop: 58 170 (2001)
10 letter words containing sh
- about-ship — to manoeuvre a vessel onto a new tack
- accomplish — If you accomplish something, you succeed in doing it.
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- aftershaft — a secondary feather arising near the base of a contour feather
11 letter words containing sh
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- acid-washed — (of a denim garment) processed with a bleach solution so that the color becomes faded and grayish.
- admonishing — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- ammishaddai — the father of Ahiezer, the Danite. Num. 1:12; 2:25.
12 letter words containing sh
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
- anti-british — opposed to anything characteristic of or relating to Britain
13 letter words containing sh
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- almond-shaped — oval
- archbishopric — the rank, office, or jurisdiction of an archbishop
- assistantship — a graduate post which requires the student to carry out some teaching duties in return for financial assistance
14 letter words containing sh
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- anticensorship — opposed to a policy or programme of censoring
15 letter words containing sh
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
- borough-english — (until 1925) a custom in certain English boroughs whereby the youngest son inherited land to the exclusion of his older brothers
- buckinghamshire — a county in SE central England, containing the Vale of Aylesbury and parts of the Chiltern Hills: the geographic and ceremonial county includes Milton Keynes, which became an independent unitary authority in 1997. Administrative centre: Aylesbury. Pop (excluding Milton Keynes): 478 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Milton Keynes): 1568 sq km (605 sq miles)
- caernarvonshire — (until 1974) a county of NW Wales, now part of Gwynedd
16 letter words containing sh
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- disestablishment — to deprive of the character of being established; cancel; abolish.
- distinguishments — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
- earth-shattering — earthshaking.
17 letter words containing sh
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
18 letter words containing sh
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
- distinguishability — to mark off as different (often followed by from or by): He was distinguished from the other boys by his height.
21 letter words containing sh
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing sh
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
24 letter words containing sh
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing sh
28 letter words containing sh
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with SH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10711 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.