Words containing sec
4 letter words containing sec
5 letter words containing sec
- -sect — to cut or divide, esp into a specified number of parts
- cosec — cosecant
- cusec — a unit of flow equal to 1 cubic foot per second. 1 cusec is equivalent to 0.028 317 cubic metre per second
- ipsec — (networking, protocol, security) ("IP Secure"?) A protocol that provides security for transmission of sensitive information over unprotected networks such as the Internet. IPsec acts at the network layer, protecting and authenticating IP packets between participating devices ("peers"), such as Cisco routers.
- secam — séquentiel couleur à mémoire: a colour-television broadcasting system used in France, the former Soviet Union, and some other countries
6 letter words containing sec
7 letter words containing sec
- arcsech — (mathematics) The inverse hyberbolic secant function.
- arcsecs — Plural form of arcsec.
- dissect — to cut apart (an animal body, plant, etc.) to examine the structure, relation of parts, or the like.
- fonseca — Gulf of, a bay of the Pacific Ocean in W Central America, bordered by El Salvador on the W, Honduras on the NE, and Nicaragua on the S. About 700 sq. mi. (1800 sq. km).
- insecta — the class comprising the insects.
8 letter words containing sec
- basecamp — Alternative spelling of base camp.
- basecoat — a first coat of a surfacing material, as paint.
- bisector — a straight line or plane that bisects an angle
- cosecant — (of an angle) a trigonometric function that in a right-angled triangle is the ratio of the length of the hypotenuse to that of the opposite side; the reciprocal of sine
- demi-sec — (of wine, esp champagne) medium-sweet
9 letter words containing sec
- acusector — a needle for cutting tissue by means of a high-frequency electric current.
- arcsecond — unit used in astronomy
- bisection — to cut or divide into two equal or nearly equal parts.
- bisectrix — the bisector of the angle between the optic axes of a crystal
- c-section — A C-section is the same as a Caesarean.
10 letter words containing sec
- attoparsec — (unit, humour) About 31 mm (one inch). "atto-" is the standard SI prefix for multiplication by 10^-18. A parsec (parallax-second) is 3.26 light-years; an attoparsec is thus 3.26 * 10^-18 light years. Thus, one attoparsec per microfortnight is about one inch per second. This unit is reported to be in use (though probably not very seriously) among hackers in the UK.
- cheesecake — Cheesecake is a dessert that consists of a base made from broken biscuits covered with a soft sweet mixture containing cream cheese.
- consecrate — When a building, place, or object is consecrated, it is officially declared to be holy. When a person is consecrated, they are officially declared to be a bishop.
- consectary — a consequence or conclusion
- desecrated — to divest of sacred or hallowed character or office.
11 letter words containing sec
- antisecrecy — opposed to secrecy, particularly in government
- bisectional — relating to division into two equal parts
- cheesecakes — Plural form of cheesecake.
- cheesecloth — Cheesecloth is cotton cloth that is very thin and light. There are tiny holes between the threads of the cloth.
- consecrated — having been made or declared sacred or holy
12 letter words containing sec
- bio-security — the precautions taken to protect against the spread of lethal or harmful organisms and diseases
- cheesecutter — a board with a wire attached for cutting cheese
- consecrating — Present participle of consecrate.
- consecration — the part of the Mass after the sermon during which the bread and wine are believed to change into the Body and Blood of Christ
- consecratory — That consecrates.
13 letter words containing sec
- bisectionally — from a bisectional point of view
- consecrations — Plural form of consecration.
- consectaneous — following logically; consequent
- consecutively — following one another in uninterrupted succession or order; successive: six consecutive numbers, such as 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.
- cross-section — If you refer to a cross-section of particular things or people, you mean a group of them that you think is typical or representative of all of them.
14 letter words containing sec
15 letter words containing sec
- antivivisection — opposed to the act or practice or performing experiments on living animals, involving cutting into or dissecting the body
- consecratedness — the state of being consecrated
- consecutiveness — The state or quality of being consecutive.
- hemiglossectomy — (surgery) The surgical removal of a portion of the tongue.
- microdissection — dissection performed under a microscope.
16 letter words containing sec
- hypophysectomies — Plural form of hypophysectomy.
- maximum-security — designed for or housing prisoners regarded as being very dangerous to society.
- minimum-security — (of a prison) designed for prisoners regarded as being less dangerous; having fewer restrictions.
- non-intersecting — to cut or divide by passing through or across: The highway intersects the town.
- undersecretariat — a department or section of a ministry of which an under secretary is in charge.
17 letter words containing sec
- foot-pound-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the foot, pound, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: fps, f.p.s.
- hemiglossectomies — Plural form of hemiglossectomy.
- intersectionalism — The study of minorities within minorities, or intersections between minorities; specifically, the study of the interactions of multiple systems of oppression or discrimination.
- intersectionality — the theory that the overlap of various social identities, as race, gender, sexuality, and class, contributes to the specific type of systemic oppression and discrimination experienced by an individual (often used attributively): Her paper uses a queer intersectionality approach.
- second-generation — being the second generation of a family to be born in a particular country: the oldest son of second-generation Americans.
18 letter words containing sec
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
19 letter words containing sec
20 letter words containing sec
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing sec
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
22 letter words containing sec
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
- secondary-articulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
28 letter words containing sec
- meter-kilogram-second-ampere — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, second, and ampere are the principal units of length, mass, time, and electric current. Abbreviation: mksa, MKSA.
On this page, we collect all words with SEC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 901 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains SEC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.