Words containing run
4 letter words containing run
5 letter words containing run
- brung — a past participle and simple past tense of bring.
- brunn — German name of Brno.
- bruno — Franklin Roy, known as Frank. born 1961, British heavyweight boxer
- brunt — the main force or shock of a blow, attack, etc (esp in the phrase bear the brunt of)
- crunk — a form of hip-hop music originating in the southern states of the US
6 letter words containing run
- arunta — Aranda.
- bobrun — an ice-covered course for bobsledding consisting of a chute with high walls, banked turns, and straightaways.
- brunch — Brunch is a meal that is eaten in the late morning. It is a combination of breakfast and lunch.
- brunei — a sultanate in NW Borneo, consisting of two separate areas on the South China Sea, otherwise bounded by Sarawak: controlled all of Borneo and parts of the Philippines and the Sulu Islands in the 16th century; under British protection since 1888; internally self-governing since 1971; became fully independent in 1984 as a member of the Commonwealth. The economy depends chiefly on oil and natural gas. Official language: Malay; English is also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: Brunei dollar. Capital: Bandar Seri Begawan. Pop: 415 717 (2013 est). Area: 5765 sq km (2226 sq miles)
- brunel — Isambard Kingdom (ˈɪzəmˌbɑːd). 1806–59, English engineer: designer of the Clifton Suspension Bridge (1828), many railway lines, tunnels, bridges, etc, and the steamships Great Western (1838), Great Britain (1845), and Great Eastern (1858)
7 letter words containing run
- arundel — a town in S England, in West Sussex: 11th-century castle. Pop: 3297 (2001)
- autorun — (computing) Any feature that runs a program, etc. automatically.
- brunner — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1889–1966, Swiss Protestant theologian.
- burundi — a republic in E central Africa: inhabited chiefly by the Hutu, Tutsi, and Twa (Pygmy); made part of German East Africa in 1899; part of the Belgian territory of Ruanda-Urundi from 1923 until it became independent in 1962; ethnic violence has erupted at times between Hutu and Tutsi, as in Rwanda; consists mainly of high plateaus along the main Nile-Congo dividing range, dropping rapidly to the Great Rift Valley in the west. Official languages: Kirundi and French. Religion: Christian majority. Currency: Burundi franc. Capital: Bujumbura. Pop: 10 888 321 (2013 est). Area: 27 731 sq km (10 707 sq miles)
- corunna — La Coruña
8 letter words containing run
- -running — -running combines with nouns to form nouns which refer to the illegal importing of drugs or guns.
- alitrunk — (zoology) The segment of an insect's body to which the wings are attached; the thorax or mesosoma.
- bruncher — a person who eats brunch
- brunette — A brunette is a white-skinned woman or girl with dark brown hair.
- brunhild — (in the Nibelungenlied) a legendary queen won for King Gunther by the magic of Siegfried: corresponds to Brynhild in Norse mythology
9 letter words containing run
- after-run — the continued running of an internal-combustion engine after the ignition is switched off: Heavy carbon buildup can cause annoying engine after-run.
- aurungzeb — Aurangzeb
- brunching — a meal that serves as both breakfast and lunch.
- brunswick — a former duchy (1635–1918) and state (1918–46) of central Germany, now part of the state of Lower Saxony; formerly (1949–90) part of West Germany
- burundian — of or relating to Burundi or its inhabitants
10 letter words containing run
- aufklarung — the Enlightenment, esp in Germany
- baserunner — a baseball player in the act of running around bases
- brundisium — Brindisi
- brunetiere — Ferdinand [fer-dee-nahn] /fɛr diˈnɑ̃/ (Show IPA), 1849–1906, French literary critic.
- brunfelsia — any of various shrubs or small trees belonging to the genus Brunfelsia, of the nightshade family, native to tropical America, having white or purple tubular or bell-shaped flowers.
11 letter words containing run
12 letter words containing run
- averruncator — a long pair of shears used for pruning the higher branches of trees
- brunelleschi — Filippo (fiˈlippo). 1377–1446, Italian architect, whose works in Florence include the dome of the cathedral, the Pazzi chapel of Santa Croce, and the church of San Lorenzo
- carunculated — Alternative form of carunculate.
- disgruntedly — In a disgruntled manner.
- disgruntling — Present participle of disgruntle.
13 letter words containing run
- arundinaceous — resembling a reed
- averruncation — the act of averting or turning away
- disgruntledly — In a disgruntled manner.
- gelandesprung — a jump, usually over an obstacle, in which one plants both poles in the snow in advance of the skis, bends close to the ground, and propels oneself chiefly by the use of the poles.
- ruanda-urundi — a former territory in central Africa, E of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly part of German East Africa; administered by Belgium as a League of Nations mandate 1923–46 and as a United Nations trust territory 1946–62; now divided into the independent states of Rwanda and Burundi.
14 letter words containing run
15 letter words containing run
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
- credit-crunched — adversely affected by a credit crunch
- crunchy-granola — characterized by or defining oneself by ecological awareness, liberal political views, and support or use of natural products and health foods.
- gotterdammerung — German Mythology. the destruction of the gods and of all things in a final battle with evil powers: erroneous modern translation of the Old Icelandic Ragnarǫk, meaning “fate of the gods,” misunderstood as Ragnarökkr, meaning “twilight of the gods.”.
- interior-sprung — (esp of a mattress) containing springs
16 letter words containing run
- number-crunching — a person or thing that performs a great many numerical calculations, as a financial analyst, statistician, computer, or computer program.
- superunification — a theory intended to describe the electromagnetic force, the strong force, the weak force, and gravity as a single, unified force.
- völkerwanderung — the migration of peoples, esp of Germanic and Slavic peoples into S and W Europe from 2nd to 11th centuries
24 letter words containing run
- st.-bruno-de-montarville — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Montreal.
On this page, we collect all words with RUN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 694 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains RUN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.