Words containing po
3 letter words containing po
- apo — the highest mountain in the Philippines, on SE Mindanao: active volcano with three peaks. Height: 2954 m (9690 ft)
- cpo — Chief Petty Officer
- fpo — field post office
- gpo — (in the U.S. postal system) the main post office of a city, county, etc., that also has branch post offices. Abbreviation: G.P.O., GPO.
4 letter words containing po
5 letter words containing po
6 letter words containing po
- aleppo — an ancient city in NW Syria: industrial and commercial centre; scene of heavy fighting from 2012 between various rebel forces and army units loyal to President Bashar al-Assad. Pop: 2 505 000 (2005 est)
- apodal — (of snakes, eels, etc) without feet; having no obvious hind limbs or pelvic fins
- apogee — The apogee of something such as a culture or a business is its highest or its greatest point.
- apollo — a strikingly handsome youth
- aporia — a doubt, real or professed, about what to do or say
7 letter words containing po
- adipose — of, resembling, or containing fat; fatty
- agitpop — the use of pop music to promote political propaganda
- airport — An airport is a place where aircraft land and take off, which has buildings and facilities for passengers.
- alcopop — an alcoholic drink that tastes like a soft drink
- allport — Gordon W(illard) 1897–1967, U.S. psychologist and educator.
8 letter words containing po
- acarpous — (of plants) producing no fruit
- acupoint — any of the specific points on the body where a needle is inserted in acupuncture or pressure is applied in acupressure
- adiposis — obesity or excessive fatness
- afro-pop — African pop music played on electric instruments and inspired by Western pop or soul music.
- amblypod — one of the primitive ungulate mammals of the extinct order Pantodonta, from the Paleocene and Eocene epochs, having a massive body and short legs.
9 letter words containing po
- acropolis — the citadel of an ancient Greek city
- acrospore — a spore borne at the tip of a sporophore, as a basidiospore.
- actinopod — any protozoan of the phylum Actinopoda, such as a radiolarian or a heliozoan, having stiff radiating cytoplasmic projections
- adipocere — a waxlike fatty substance formed during the decomposition of corpses
- adipocyte — a fat cell that accumulates and stores fats
10 letter words containing po
- actinopods — any protozoan of the subclass Actinopoda, including the heliozoans and radiolarians, having stiff, rodlike, radiating pseudopodia.
- adipopexia — lipopexia.
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
- aeroponics — aeroculture.
- akiapolaau — a rare yellow Hawaiian honeycreeper, Hemignathus munroi, having a long slender down-curved upper bill and a short straight lower bill.
11 letter words containing po
- acrocarpous — (of mosses) having clustered upright stems and the reproductive parts borne at the tip of a stem
- adipocerite — hatchettite.
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
- all-purpose — You use all-purpose to refer to things that have lots of different uses or can be used in lots of different situations.
- allotropous — (of flowers) having the nectar accessible to any species of insect
12 letter words containing po
- adiponitrile — a colorless liquid, C 6 H 8 N 2 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of nylon.
- adrianopolis — Edirne
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- amphicarpous — producing two kinds of fruit that differ either in form or in time of ripening.
- amphitropous — (of a plant ovule) partially inverted so that the base and the micropyle at the apex are the same distance from the funicle
13 letter words containing po
14 letter words containing po
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
- angiomyolipoma — (medicine) A common benign tumour of the kidney.
- anthropography — the study of human geography and variation; ethnography
- anthropologist — a person who specializes in anthropology
- anthropometric — the measurement of the size and proportions of the human body.
15 letter words containing po
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
16 letter words containing po
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
17 letter words containing po
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
18 letter words containing po
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- berwick-upon-tweed — a town in N England, in N Northumberland at the mouth of the Tweed: much involved in border disputes between England and Scotland between the 12th and 16th centuries; neutral territory 1551–1885. Pop: 12 870 (2001)
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counterproposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
19 letter words containing po
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
20 letter words containing po
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- hyperlipoproteinemia — Pathology. any of various disorders of lipoprotein metabolism, usually characterized by abnormally high levels of cholesterol and certain lipoproteins in the blood.
21 letter words containing po
- hypogammaglobulinemia — A type of immune disorder characterised by a reduction in all types of gamma globulins.
23 letter words containing po
- hypobetalipoproteinemia — (pathology) A low level of betalipoprotein (low-density lipoprotein) in the bloodstream.
24 letter words containing po
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
On this page, we collect all words with PO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9888 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.