Words containing pl
2 letter words containing pl
- pl — (networking) The country code for Poland.
3 letter words containing pl
- apl — a high-level computer language employing a large number of special symbols, used esp. in mathematical applications
- bpl — birthplace
- cpl — Combined Programming Language. U Cambridge and U London. A very complex language, syntactically based on ALGOL 60, with a pure functional subset. Provides the ..where.. form of local definitions. Strongly typed but has a "general" type enabling a weak form of polymorphism. Functions may be defined as either normal or applicative order. Typed array and polymorphic list structures. List selection is through structure matching. Partially implemented on the Titan (Atlas 2) computer at Cambridge. Led to the much simpler BCPL. "The Main Features of CPL", D.W. Barron et al, Computer J 6(2):134-143 (Jul 1963).
- dpl — DECmmp Parallel Language. A C-like parallel language for the DECmpp machine.
- hpl — Language used in HP9825A/S/T "Desktop Calculators", 1978(?) and ported to the early Series 200 family (9826 and 9836, 68000). Fairly simple and standard, but with extensive I/O support for data acquisition and control (BCD, Serial, 16 bit custom and IEEE 488 interfaces), including interrupt handling. Currently owned by Structured Software Systems. "HPL Operating Manual for Series 200, Models 216, 226 and 235\6", HP 98614-90010, Jan 1984.
4 letter words containing pl
- cpl. — Cpl. is the written abbreviation for corporal when it is used as a title.
- mpla — Movimento Popular de Libertacão de Angola: a political party that has ruled Mozambique since the country gained independence from Portugal in 1975
- pl/1 — Computers. a high-level programming language that is designed for solving problems in science and engineering as well as in business data processing.
5 letter words containing pl
- ample — If there is an ample amount of something, there is enough of it and usually some extra.
- amply — more than sufficiently; fully; generously
- apple — An apple is a round fruit with smooth green, yellow, or red skin and firm white flesh.
- apply — If you apply for something such as a job or membership of an organization, you write a letter or fill in a form in order to ask formally for it.
- duple — having two parts; double; twofold.
6 letter words containing pl
- aplite — a light-coloured fine-grained acid igneous rock with a sugary texture, consisting of quartz and feldspars
- aplomb — If you do something with aplomb, you do it with confidence in a relaxed way.
- apples — well or fine; under control.
- applet — An applet is a computer program which is contained within a page on the World Wide Web, and which transfers itself to your computer and runs automatically while you are looking at that Web page.
- appley — resembling or tasting like an apple
7 letter words containing pl
- airplay — The airplay which a piece of popular music receives is the number of times it is played on the radio.
- amplest — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
- amplify — If you amplify a sound, you make it louder, usually by using electronic equipment.
- aplasia — congenital absence or abnormal development of an organ or part
- aplenty — If you have something aplenty, you have a lot of it.
8 letter words containing pl
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- airplane — An airplane is a vehicle with wings and one or more engines that enable it to fly through the air.
- amplexus — the mating embrace of amphibians, particularly frogs and toads
- ampliate — enlarged; dilated.
9 letter words containing pl
- aeroplane — An aeroplane is a vehicle with wings and one or more engines that enable it to fly through the air.
- alloplasm — part of the cytoplasm that is specialized to form cilia, flagella, and similar structures
- altiplano — a plateau of the Andes, covering two thirds of Bolivia and extending into S Peru: contains Lake Titicaca. Height: 3000 m (10 000 ft) to 3900 m (13 000 ft)
- ampleness — fully sufficient or more than adequate for the purpose or needs; plentiful; enough: an ample supply of water; ample time to finish.
- amplidyne — an electrodynamic amplifier which uses a small electrical signal to control the position of a large motor
10 letter words containing pl
11 letter words containing pl
- amplexicaul — (of some sessile leaves, stipules, etc) having an enlarged base that encircles the stem
- anadiplosis — repetition of the words or phrase at the end of one sentence, line, or clause at the beginning of the next
- angioplasty — a surgical technique for restoring normal blood flow through an artery narrowed or blocked by atherosclerosis, either by inserting a balloon into the narrowed section and inflating it or by using a laser beam
- antiplastic — allaying or preventing the growth of new tissue.
- aplanospore — a nonmotile asexual spore produced by certain algae and fungi
12 letter words containing pl
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- amphidiploid — a plant originating from hybridization between two species in which the chromosome number is the sum of the chromosome numbers of both parental species. It behaves as an independent species
- anaplasmosis — a disease of cattle caused by a blood-infecting protozoan parasite, Anaplasma marginale, transmitted by bloodsucking flies and ticks.
13 letter words containing pl
- allopolyploid — (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from different species
- alymphoplasia — (medicine) aplasia of the lymphoid tissue.
- amplification — the act or result of amplifying
- amplificatory — of the nature of enlargement or extension, as of a statement, narrative, etc.
- apoplectiform — of or resembling apoplexy or stroke.
14 letter words containing pl
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- accomplishment — An accomplishment is something remarkable that has been done or achieved.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
15 letter words containing pl
- cleavage-planes — the act of cleaving or splitting.
- complementaries — forming a complement; completing.
- complementarity — a state or system that involves complementary components
- complementation — In linguistics, a complementation pattern of a verb, noun, or adjective is the patterns that typically follow it.
- complex-machine — an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
16 letter words containing pl
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
- duplessis-mornay — Philippe [fee-leep] /fiˈlip/ (Show IPA), Mornay, Philippe de.
- gold-of-pleasure — a yellow-flowered Eurasian plant, Camelina sativa, widespread as a weed, esp in flax fields, and formerly cultivated for its oil-rich seeds: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
- multi-discipline — training to act in accordance with rules; drill: military discipline.
- multidisciplined — composed of or combining several usually separate branches of learning or fields of expertise: a multidisciplinary study of the 18th century.
17 letter words containing pl
- complementariness — forming a complement; completing.
- complex-conjugate — one of a group of conjugate words.
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
- implosive-therapy — a form of behavior therapy involving intensive recollection and review of anxiety-producing situations or events in a patient's life in an attempt to develop more appropriate responses to similar situations in the future.
- interdisciplinary — combining or involving two or more academic disciplines or fields of study: The economics and history departments are offering an interdisciplinary seminar on Asia.
18 letter words containing pl
19 letter words containing pl
20 letter words containing pl
- diplomatic-secretary — secretary (def 5).
21 letter words containing pl
- magnetoplasmadynamics — magnetohydrodynamics.
On this page, we collect all words with PL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6291 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.