Words containing pe
3 letter words containing pe
- ape — Apes are chimpanzees, gorillas, and other animals in the same family.
4 letter words containing pe
- apec — Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- aped — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- apex — An Apex or an Apex ticket is a ticket for a journey by air or rail which costs less than the standard ticket, but which you have to book a specified period in advance.
- cape — A cape is a large piece of land that sticks out into the sea from the coast.
- cepe — a large, fleshy, edible boletus mushroom (Boletus edulis) with a brown cap and a thick, white stem
5 letter words containing pe
- agape — If you describe someone as having their mouth agape, their mouth is open very wide, often because they are very surprised by something.
- alope — a daughter of Cercyon who was raped by Poseidon and bore a son, Hippothous.
- amped — amplifier (def 2).
- apeak — in a vertical or almost vertical position
- apeek — (of a ship) directly over the anchor
6 letter words containing pe
- aerope — the wife of Atreus, seduced by her brother-in-law Thyestes.
- aliped — (of bats and similar animals) having the digits connected by a winglike membrane
- alpena — a city in NE Michigan, on Lake Huron.
- ampere — An ampere is a unit which is used for measuring electric current. The abbreviation amp is also used.
- apeman — any of various extinct apelike primates thought to have been the forerunners, or closely related to the forerunners, of modern man
7 letter words containing pe
- agriope — Eurydice.
- airpipe — an airhose connecting the mouthpiece of scuba diving equipment to its air supply.
- ampelos — a satyr who was placed among the stars by Dionysus.
- anapest — a metrical foot consisting, in Greek and Latin verse, of two short syllables followed by a long one, or, as in English, of two unaccented syllables followed by an accented one
- antapex — the point exactly opposite in direction to the solar apex; the point away from which the solar system is moving and toward which the stars appear to be converging, located in the constellation Columba.
8 letter words containing pe
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- adperson — a copywriter, account executive, or other person employed in advertising.
- airspeed — An aircraft's airspeed is the speed at which it travels through the air.
- alleppey — a port in S India, in Kerala on the Malabar Coast. Pop: 177 079 (2001)
- allotype — an additional type specimen selected because of differences from the original type specimen, such as opposite sex or morphological details
9 letter words containing pe
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
- afterpeak — the space behind the aftermost bulkhead, often used for storage
- albertype — collotype.
- allotrope — any of two or more physical forms in which an element can exist
- alpenglow — a reddish light on the summits of snow-covered mountain peaks at sunset or sunrise
10 letter words containing pe
- acarpelous — without carpels
- adipopexia — lipopexia.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
- alpestrine — (of plants) growing at high altitudes; subalpine
- ampelopsis — any woody vine of the vitaceous genus Ampelopsis, of tropical and subtropical Asia and America
11 letter words containing pe
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- air-shipped — to send or ship via aircraft: to air-ship machine parts overseas.
- alderperson — a member of a municipal legislative body, especially of a municipal council.
- aldopentose — a monosaccharide with five carbon atoms
12 letter words containing pe
- amperometric — relating to or involving the measurement of an electric current
- anchorperson — the primary reporter on a news television broadcast
- antiperiodic — efficacious against recurring attacks of a disease
- apeirophobia — The fear of infinity and/or of infinite things.
- aperiodicity — not periodic; irregular.
13 letter words containing pe
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- almond-shaped — oval
- angiospermous — of or relating to an angiosperm; having enclosed seeds.
- anti-european — opposed to the European Union or to political union of the countries of Europe
- anti-idiotype — a molecular arrangement on an antibody that is the counterpart of that on a different antibody, thus making one an antigen to the other.
14 letter words containing pe
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
15 letter words containing pe
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- angel's-trumpet — any of several plants belonging to the genera Brugmansia and Datura, of the nightshade family, having large, trumpet-shaped flowers in a variety of colors.
- antepenultimate — third from last
16 letter words containing pe
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
- antihypertension — Pathology. elevation of the blood pressure, especially the diastolic pressure. an arterial disease characterized by this condition.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
- boolean-operator — any operation in which each of the operands and the result take one of two values.
17 letter words containing pe
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
- chemotherapeutics — chemotherapy.
- curie-temperature — the temperature beyond that at which a ferromagnetic substance exhibits paramagnetism.
- de-specialization — the act of specializing, or pursuing a particular line of study or work: Medical students with high student loans often feel driven into specialization.
- depersonalization — the act or an instance of depersonalizing
19 letter words containing pe
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
20 letter words containing pe
21 letter words containing pe
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
22 letter words containing pe
- dicyclopentadienyliron — ferrocene (def 1).
23 letter words containing pe
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with PE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13546 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.