Words containing par
3 letter words containing par
- par — an equality in value or standing; a level of equality: The gains and the losses are on a par.
4 letter words containing par
5 letter words containing par
6 letter words containing par
- aparri — a seaport on N Luzon, in the N Philippines.
- caspar — (in Christian tradition) one of the Magi, the other two being Melchior and Balthazar
- depart — When something or someone departs from a place, they leave it and start a journey to another place.
- duparc — Henri (ɑ̃ri), full name Marie Eugène Henri Fouques Duparc. 1848–1933, French composer of songs noted for their sad brooding quality
- impark — to enclose or shut up, as in a park.
7 letter words containing par
- airpark — a small airport often near a business or residential area
- aparejo — a kind of packsaddle made of stuffed leather cushions
- apparat — the Communist Party organization in the former Soviet Union and other states
- apparel — Apparel means clothes, especially formal clothes worn on an important occasion.
- biparty — involving two parties
8 letter words containing par
- apparent — An apparent situation, quality, or feeling seems to exist, although you cannot be certain that it does exist.
- ballpark — A ballpark is a park or stadium where baseball is played.
- bhatpara — a city in NE India, in West Bengal on the Hooghly River: jute and cotton mills. Pop: 441 956 (2001)
- bi-party — representing two distinct parties: a biparty investigating committee.
- biparous — producing offspring in pairs
9 letter words containing par
- apartheid — Apartheid was a political system in South Africa in which people were divided into racial groups and kept apart by law.
- apartment — An apartment is a set of rooms for living in, usually on one floor of a large building.
- apartness — the quality of being apart
- apparatus — The apparatus of an organization or system is its structure and method of operation.
- apparitor — an officer who summons witnesses and executes the orders of an ecclesiastical and (formerly) a civil court
10 letter words containing par
- afterparty — An afterparty is a small party held after a larger event, to which only a small group of guests is invited.
- antepartum — of or noting the period prior to childbirth; before delivery.
- aparavidya — intellectual knowledge.
- aparthotel — a hotel in which self-catering service apartments are available for rent
- apparelled — clothing, especially outerwear; garments; attire; raiment.
11 letter words containing par
- after-party — a usually exclusive party that takes place after a performance or other event or after the main party: The screening of the premiere was followed by an afterparty.
- apparatchik — An apparatchik is someone who works for a government or a political party and who obeys orders.
- bi-partisan — representing, characterized by, or including members from two parties or factions: Government leaders hope to achieve a bipartisan foreign policy.
- bipartition — divided into or consisting of two parts.
- bonapartism — a political system resembling the rules of the Bonapartes, esp Napoleon I and Napoleon III: centralized government by a military dictator, who enjoys popular support given expression in plebiscites
12 letter words containing par
- antiparabema — either of two chapels at the west end of an Armenian or Byzantine church.
- antiparallel — parallel but pointing in the opposite direction
- antiparticle — any of a group of elementary particles that have the same mass and spin as their corresponding particle but have opposite values for all other nonzero quantum numbers. When a particle collides with its antiparticle, mutual annihilation occurs
- apartmentize — to build apartments on or in: to apartmentize the downtown area.
- apparatchiks — a member of an apparat, especially in a Communist country.
13 letter words containing par
- antiapartheid — (in the Republic of South Africa) a rigid former policy of segregating and economically and politically oppressing the nonwhite population.
- antiparasitic — acting against infection by parasites
- apparentement — a coalition formed between political parties during an election.
- comparability — capable of being compared; having features in common with something else to permit or suggest comparison: He considered the Roman and British empires to be comparable.
- comparatively — in a comparative manner
14 letter words containing par
- anteroparietal — situated in a forward part or on the wall of an organ or cavity.
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- bipartisanship — representing, characterized by, or including members from two parties or factions: Government leaders hope to achieve a bipartisan foreign policy.
- camelopardalis — a N constellation between Ursa Major and Cassiopeia; the Giraffe
- capparidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Capparidaceae (or (Capparaceae), a family of plants, mostly shrubs including the caper, of warm tropical regions
15 letter words containing par
- anti-separatist — a person who separates, withdraws, or secedes, as from an established church.
- comparativeness — of or relating to comparison.
- comparison-shop — to compare prices and quality of competing merchandise.
- departmentalism — division into departments, esp when resulting in impaired efficiency
- departmentalize — to organize into departments, esp excessively
16 letter words containing par
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- bird-of-paradise — Also called bird-of-paradise flower. any of several plants of the genus Strelitzia, native to southern Africa, especially S. reginae, having a large, showy orange and blue inflorescence.
- compartmentalise — to divide into categories or compartments.
- compartmentalize — To compartmentalize something means to divide it into separate sections.
- compartmentation — subdivision of a hull into spaces enclosed by watertight bulkheads and sometimes by watertight decks.
17 letter words containing par
- great-grandparent — a grandfather or grandmother of one's father or mother.
- interdepartmental — involving or existing between two or more departments: interdepartmental rivalry.
- parathyroidectomy — the excision of a parathyroid gland.
- particularization — to make particular.
- radio-transparent — transparent to radiation; invisible in x-ray photographs and under fluoroscopy (opposed to radiopaque).
18 letter words containing par
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
- grass-of-parnassus — any plant belonging to the genus Parnassia, of the saxifrage family, growing in marshy areas, having broad, smooth leaves and a single, pale flower.
- hypoparathyroidism — Diminished concentration of parathyroid hormone in the blood, which causes deficiencies of calcium and phosphorus compounds in the blood and results in muscular spasms.
- parliamentarianism — advocacy of a parliamentary system of government.
- partial-vegetarian — a person who eats mostly plant foods, dairy products, and eggs, and occasionally chicken, fish, and red meat.
19 letter words containing par
- college-preparatory — preparing a student for academic work at the college level.
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
- departmentalization — to divide into departments.
- hyperparathyroidism — overactivity of the parathyroid gland, characterized by softening of the bones, with consequent pain, tenderness, and a tendency to spontaneous fractures, and by muscular weakness and abdominal cramps.
- interdepartmentally — involving or existing between two or more departments: interdepartmental rivalry.
20 letter words containing par
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
- para-dichlorobenzene — a white, crystalline, volatile, water-insoluble solid, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , of the benzene series, having a penetrating odor: used chiefly as a moth repellent.
- pseudoparenchymatous — (in certain fungi and red algae) a compact mass of tissue, made up of interwoven hyphae or filaments, that superficially resembles plant tissue.
21 letter words containing par
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
22 letter words containing par
- garmisch-partenkirchen — a city in S Germany, in the Bavarian Alps.
- paracoccidioidomycosis — a chronic infection caused by the fungus Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, occurring in Mexico and in Central and South America, characterized by mouth and throat ulcers, weight loss, and lesions on the skin, intestines, and genitals.
23 letter words containing par
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
On this page, we collect all words with PAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2995 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PAR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.