Words containing ortho
5 letter words containing ortho
- ortho — pertaining to or occupying two adjacent positions in the benzene ring. Compare meta2 , para3 .
6 letter words containing ortho
8 letter words containing ortho
9 letter words containing ortho
10 letter words containing ortho
- diorthosis — the act or process of straightening something, esp a deformity in something
- diorthotic — involving or relating to the revision of a literary text
- orthoboric — (chemistry) boric (especially when compared with other oxyacid species of boron).
- orthocaine — a methyl ester used for local anaesthesia
- orthoclase — a common white or pink mineral of the feldspar group, KAlSi 3 O 8 , having two good cleavages at right angles, and found in silica-rich igneous rocks: used in the manufacture of porcelain.
11 letter words containing ortho
- anorthosite — a coarse-grained plutonic igneous rock consisting almost entirely of plagioclase feldspar
- neoorthodox — adhering to the principles of neoorthodoxy.
- nonorthodox — of, relating to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.
- orthoborate — (inorganic chemistry) Any anion derived from orthoboric acid; any salt containing this anion.
- orthocartan — (mathematics, tool) A system for symbolic mathematics, especially General Relativity, written by A. Krasinski of Warsaw in the early 1980s.
12 letter words containing ortho
- anorthoclase — a variety of microcline, rich in sodium and sometimes having a play of color: sometimes considered a variety of orthoclase.
- anorthositic — resembling or consisting of anorthosite
- epanorthosis — (rhetoric) A rhetorical device or element in which a speaker or writer retracts a word that has been spoken and substitutes a stronger or more suitable word; often done for emphasis or sarcasm.
- neoorthodoxy — a movement in Protestant theology, beginning after World War I, stressing the absolute sovereignty of God and chiefly characterized by a reaction against liberal theology and a reaffirmation of certain doctrines of the Reformation.
- ortho-cousin — parallel cousin.
13 letter words containing ortho
- neo-orthodoxy — a movement in Protestant theology, beginning after World War I, stressing the absolute sovereignty of God and chiefly characterized by a reaction against liberal theology and a reaffirmation of certain doctrines of the Reformation.
- orthocephalic — having a medium or intermediate relation between the height of the skull and the breadth or length.
- orthodiagonal — the axis in a crystal
- orthodontists — Plural form of orthodontist.
- orthoepically — In terms of correct pronunciation.
14 letter words containing ortho
- orthochromatic — representing correctly the relations of colors as found in a subject; isochromatic.
- orthographical — Of, or relating to orthography; spelled correctly.
- orthomolecular — being or pertaining to the treatment of disease by increasing, decreasing, or otherwise controlling the intake of natural substances, especially vitamins. Compare megavitamin (def 1).
- orthomyxovirus — Any RNA virus of Orthomyxoviridae family characterised by having two long glycoprotein spikes.
- orthonormalize — (mathematics) To make a set of vectors both orthogonal and normalized.
15 letter words containing ortho
- ortho-toluidine — Chemistry. a light-yellow, very slightly water-soluble liquid, C 7 H 9 N, the ortho isomer of toluidine: used in the manufacture of dyes, saccharin, and other organic compounds, and in textile printing processes.
- orthodontically — from an orthodontic point of view
- orthokeratology — a technique for correcting refractive errors in vision by changing the shape of the cornea with the temporary use of progressively flatter hard contact lenses.
- orthopaedically — in an orthopaedic manner
- orthophosphoric — (chemistry) Describing the ordinary form of phosphoric acid and its derivatives.
16 letter words containing ortho
17 letter words containing ortho
21 letter words containing ortho
- ortho-dichlorobenzene — a colorless liquid with a pleasant odor, C 6 H 4 Cl 2 , used as a solvent for a wide range of organic materials.
On this page, we collect all words with ORTHO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 203 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ORTHO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.