Words containing or
3 letter words containing or
4 letter words containing or
- amor — love of one's country; patriotism.
- baor — British Army of the Rhine
- boor — If you refer to someone as a boor, you think their behaviour and attitudes are rough, uneducated, and rude.
- bora — a violent cold north wind blowing from the mountains to the E coast of the Adriatic, usually in winter
- bore — If someone or something bores you, you find them dull and uninteresting.
5 letter words containing or
- abhor — If you abhor something, you hate it very much, especially for moral reasons.
- abort — If an unborn baby is aborted, the pregnancy is ended deliberately and the baby is not born alive.
- acorn — An acorn is a pale oval nut that is the fruit of an oak tree.
- actor — An actor is someone whose job is acting in plays or films. 'Actor' in the singular usually refers to a man, but some women who act prefer to be called 'actors' rather than 'actresses'.
- adore — If you adore someone, you feel great love and admiration for them.
6 letter words containing or
- abator — a person who effects an abatement
- abhors — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- aboral — away from or opposite the mouth
- absorb — If something absorbs a liquid, gas, or other substance, it soaks it up or takes it in.
7 letter words containing or
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abettor — a person who abets.
- ablator — the heat shield of a space vehicle, which melts or wears away during re-entry into the earth's atmosphere
- abortus — an aborted human fetus, esp one that is less than 12 weeks old or weighs less than 17 oz
- aciform — needle-shaped; sharp
8 letter words containing or
- abductor — any muscle that abducts (opposed to adductor).
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abnormal — Someone or something that is abnormal is unusual, especially in a way that is worrying.
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
9 letter words containing or
- abdicator — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abnormity — lack of normality; a deviation from the usual or typical
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
10 letter words containing or
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
11 letter words containing or
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
12 letter words containing or
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
13 letter words containing or
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
14 letter words containing or
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
15 letter words containing or
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
16 letter words containing or
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- ancienne-lorette — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
17 letter words containing or
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
18 letter words containing or
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- battery-eliminator — a person or thing that eliminates.
19 letter words containing or
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
20 letter words containing or
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
On this page, we collect all words with OR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 26115 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.