Words containing opy
4 letter words containing opy
5 letter words containing opy
6 letter words containing opy
- -scopy — indicating a viewing or observation
- -tropy — -tropism
- canopy — A canopy is a decorated cover, often made of cloth, which is placed above something such as a bed or a seat.
- copy's — an imitation, reproduction, or transcript of an original: a copy of a famous painting.
- droopy — hanging down; sagging.
7 letter words containing opy
- apopyle — (in sponges) a pore in each of the saclike chambers formed by the evagination of the body wall, through which water passes into the excurrent canals.
- copyboy — a boy employed by a newspaper or broadcast news office to carry copy and run errands
- copycat — A copycat crime is committed by someone who is copying someone else.
- copying — the act of copying
- copyism — the practice of copying slavishly
8 letter words containing opy
- amblyopy — Dated form of amblyopia.
- anatropy — (of a plant ovule) the condition of being inverted during development by a bending of the stalk causing the nucleus to point toward the base
- bioscopy — examination of a body to determine whether it is alive
- copyable — able to be copied
- copybook — A copybook action is done perfectly, according to established rules.
9 letter words containing opy
- allotropy — the existence of an element in two or more physical forms. The most common elements having this property are carbon, sulphur, and phosphorus
- auriscopy — (medicine) Examination of the ear using an auriscope.
- autoscopy — the experience of hallucination in which one sees oneself from outside one's own body
- azeotropy — the existence of azeotropes
- barotropy — a state of fluid stratification in which surfaces of constant pressure and others of constant density do not intersect but are parallel.
10 letter words containing opy
- aeolotropy — the state of substances that do not exhibit the same electrical, optical, or other physical qualities in all directions
- amnioscopy — Examination of a foetus and the amniotic fluid in the lowest part of the amniotic sac using an amnioscope introduced through the cervical canal.
- anisotropy — Physics. of unequal physical properties along different axes. Compare isotropic (def 1).
- celioscopy — celoscope.
- colposcopy — an examination by means of a colposcope.
11 letter words containing opy
- aminopyrine — a colorless, crystalline powder, C13H17N3O, sometimes used to reduce fever or pain: may cause agranulocytosis
- arthroscopy — the use of an arthroscope to diagnose an injury to or disease of a joint or to perform minor surgery on a joint.
- benzopyrene — an aromatic hydrocarbon, C20H12, found in coal tar, cigarette smoke, etc. and known to be a cause of cancer in animals
- carbon-copy — a duplicate of anything written or typed, made by using a photocopier or, formerly, by using carbon paper. Abbreviation: cc. a copy of an email or other electronic document that is sent to one or more people in addition to the primary addressee. Abbreviation: cc.
- coelioscopy — a medical procedure for examining the abdomen
12 letter words containing opy
- arsenopyrite — a white or grey metallic mineral consisting of a sulphide of iron and arsenic that forms monoclinic crystals with an orthorhombic shape: an ore of arsenic. Formula: FeAsS
- bronchoscopy — an examination by means of a bronchoscope.
- chalcopyrite — a widely distributed yellow mineral consisting of a sulphide of copper and iron in tetragonal crystalline form: the principal ore of copper. Formula: CuFeS2
- copy-reading — to work on (copy) as a copyreader.
- copyrighters — Plural form of copyrighter.
13 letter words containing opy
- anthroposcopy — physiognomy (def 2).
- bacterioscopy — the examination of bacteria with a microscope.
- clinopyroxene — a member of the pyroxene group of minerals having a monoclinic crystal structure, such as augite, diopside, or jadeite
- copyrightable — the exclusive right to make copies, license, and otherwise exploit a literary, musical, or artistic work, whether printed, audio, video, etc.: works granted such right by law on or after January 1, 1978, are protected for the lifetime of the author or creator and for a period of 70 years after his or her death.
- diaphototropy — the state of being diaphototropic, turning transversely to the light
14 letter words containing opy
- astigmatoscopy — examination by means of an astigmatoscope.
- clinopyroxenes — Plural form of clinopyroxene.
- micropyrometer — an optical pyrometer used to measure the temperature of small glowing bodies.
- ophthalmoscopy — the use of or technique of using an ophthalmoscope.
- peritoneoscopy — an endoscopy examining the peritoneal cavity
15 letter words containing opy
- autostereoscopy — The display of stereoscopic images without the use of special viewing equipment.
- mediastinoscopy — (medicine) A procedure for examining the inside of the mediastinum and the organs it encloses through a small incision, using an endoscope. This is a surgical procedure normally done under general anesthesia.
- phenazopyridine — a substance, C 1 1 H 1 2 ClN 5 , used as a lower urinary tract analgesic.
- propylhexedrine — a colorless, adrenergic, water-soluble liquid, C 1 0 H 2 N, used by inhalation as a nasal decongestant.
- propylitization — the alteration of igneous rock to propylite
16 letter words containing opy
19 letter words containing opy
- proctosigmoidoscopy — sigmoidoscopy.
21 letter words containing opy
- isopropylideneacetone — mesityl oxide.
26 letter words containing opy
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
On this page, we collect all words with OPY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 311 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OPY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.