Words containing on
4 letter words containing on
- aeon — An aeon is an extremely long period of time.
- agon — (in ancient Greece) a festival at which competitors contended for prizes. Among the best known were the Olympic, Pythian, Nemean, and Isthmian Games
- amon — a local god of fertility and life in Egyptian Thebes: later associated with Re as the chief deity of Egypt ( Amon-Re): identified by the Greeks (and Romans) with Zeus (and Jupiter)
- anon — Anon means quite soon.
- aonb — Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty: an area designated by the appropriate government bodies as requiring protection to conserve and enhance its natural beauty
5 letter words containing on
- a-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- aaron — the first high priest of the Israelites, brother of Moses (Exodus 4:14)
- abdon — one of the minor judges of Israel. Judges 12:13–15.
- acron — the unsegmented, preoral portion of the body of an arthropod.
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
6 letter words containing on
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- add-on — a device or unit added to equipment or a construction: an add-on to a computer; a nice add-on to an old house.
- adonai — a name for God
- adonic — (in classical prosody) of or relating to a verse line consisting of a dactyl (– ◡ ◡) followed by a spondee (– –) or by a trochee (– ◡), thought to have been first used in laments for Adonis
7 letter words containing on
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
8 letter words containing on
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
- abington — urban township in SE Pa., near Philadelphia: pop. 56,000
- ablation — the surgical removal of an organ, structure, or part
9 letter words containing on
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abduction — the act of taking someone away by force or cunning; kidnapping
10 letter words containing on
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
11 letter words containing on
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
12 letter words containing on
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
13 letter words containing on
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
14 letter words containing on
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absquatulation — to flee; abscond: The old prospector absquatulated with our picks and shovel.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
15 letter words containing on
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- americanization — Americanization is the process by which people or countries become more and more similar to Americans and the United States.
16 letter words containing on
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
17 letter words containing on
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- anti-assimilation — Sociology. the merging of cultural traits from previously distinct cultural groups, not involving biological amalgamation.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
18 letter words containing on
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
19 letter words containing on
20 letter words containing on
- anthropomorphization — Endowing with human qualities.
21 letter words containing on
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing on
23 letter words containing on
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with ON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 40312 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.