Words containing oar
3 letter words containing oar
- oar — a long shaft with a broad blade at one end, used as a lever for rowing or otherwise propelling or steering a boat.
4 letter words containing oar
5 letter words containing oar
- board — A board is a flat, thin, rectangular piece of wood or plastic which is used for a particular purpose.
- boart — low-quality diamond, in granular aggregate or small fragments, valuable only in crushed or powdered form, especially for industrial use as an abrasive.
- coarb — (in Celtic religions) a spiritual successor
- gloar — (obsolete, intransitive) To squint; to stare.
- hoard — a supply or accumulation that is hidden or carefully guarded for preservation, future use, etc.: a vast hoard of silver.
6 letter words containing oar
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
- bboard — bulletin board system
- bezoar — a hard mass, such as a stone or hairball, in the stomach and intestines of animals, esp ruminants, and man: formerly thought to be an antidote to poisons
- coarse — Coarse things have a rough texture because they consist of thick threads or large pieces.
- hoards — Plural form of hoard.
7 letter words containing oar
- boarded — a piece of wood sawed thin, and of considerable length and breadth compared with the thickness.
- boarder — A boarder is a pupil who lives at school during the term.
- boarish — coarse, cruel, or sensual
- coarsen — If something coarsens or is coarsened, it becomes thicker or rougher in texture.
- coarser — composed of relatively large parts or particles: The beach had rough, coarse sand.
8 letter words containing oar
- airboard — an inflatable board resembling a bodyboard that is used in the sport of airboarding
- avenzoar — 1091?–1162, Arab physician and writer in Spain: founder of Almohad dynasty.
- bedboard — a piece of wood placed under a mattress to make a bed firmer
- boardies — a pair of board shorts
- boarding — Boarding is an arrangement by which children live at school during the school term.
9 letter words containing oar
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- aquaboard — a board that can be used to ride on water
- backboard — In basketball, the backboard is the flat board above each of the baskets.
- bakeboard — a board on which bread dough is rolled and kneaded
- barnboard — barnwood.
10 letter words containing oar
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- astarboard — to or from the starboard side
- backboards — Plural form of backboard.
- bargeboard — a board, often decorated with carved ornaments, placed along the gable end of a roof
- baseboards — Plural form of baseboard.
11 letter words containing oar
- airboarding — a snow sport in which participants slide down slopes headfirst lying flat on an inflatable board
- bargeboards — Plural form of bargeboard.
- beaverboard — a stiff light board of compressed wood fibre, used esp to surface partitions
- benderboard — pliable, lightweight board used for making concrete patios, in gardens, and as woven fencing: often 4 to 6 inches (10 to 15 cm) wide and 1/4 to 1/2 inch (0.6 to 1.2 cm) thick and made from California redwood.
- bridgeboard — a board on both sides of a staircase that is cut to support the treads and risers
12 letter words containing oar
13 letter words containing oar
- antibillboard — indicating an opposition to the erection of billboards
- boardinghouse — a private house in which accommodation and meals are provided for paying guests
- clapperboards — Plural form of clapperboard.
- coarsegrained — having a coarse texture
- daughterboard — a small circuit board that can be attached to the motherboard of a computer
14 letter words containing oar
- bioarchaeology — the branch of archaeology that deals with the remains of living things
- chloroargyrite — a greyish-yellow or colourless soft secondary mineral consisting of silver chloride in cubic crystalline form: a source of silver. Formula: AgCl
- coarse-grained — having a large or coarse grain
- coarticulation — concomitance of articulation, as in fro, ostensibly a succession of three discrete sounds but physically a single articulation (f-) blending into a coarticulation (-fr-), which blends into an articulation (-r-), which blends into a coarticulation (-ro-), which blends into an articulation (-o).
- containerboard — a form of paperboard, either corrugated or solid, that is used to make containers
15 letter words containing oar
- board-certified — A doctor who is board-certified has passed tests and meets the standards of a board of specialists in their area of medicine.
- neoarsphenamine — a derivative of arsenic formerly used in treating syphilis
- pseudoarthrosis — a joint formed by fibrous tissue bridging the gap between the two fragments of bone of an old fracture that have not united
- weatherboarding — an early type of board used as a siding for a building.
16 letter words containing oar
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- astroarchaeology — archaeoastronomy.
- cytoarchitecture — (biology) The arrangement of cells in an organism or organ.
- inboard-outboard — Also, outdrive, stern-drive. (of a motorboat) having an inboard engine connected to a maneuverable outboard drive-shaft unit.
- neuroarthropathy — (medicine) Any disease of a joint that is associated with a disease of the nervous system.
17 letter words containing oar
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- cytoarchitectonic — Of or pertaining to cytoarchitectonics (cytoarchitecture).
- dendroarchaeology — (archaeology) the science that uses dendrochronology to date wooden material from archaeological sites.
- palaeoarchaeology — the branch of archaeology concerned with the earliest fossil remains
18 letter words containing oar
- cytoarchitectonics — Cytoarchitecture.
On this page, we collect all words with OAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 697 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains OAR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.