Words containing nos
4 letter words containing nos
- dnos — Distributed Network Operating System
- enos — a son of Seth (Genesis 4:26; 5:6)
- nos. — numbers
- nose — the part of the face or facial region in humans and certain animals that contains the nostrils and the organs of smell and functions as the usual passageway for air in respiration: in humans it is a prominence in the center of the face formed of bone and cartilage, serving also to modify or modulate the voice.
- nosh — to snack or eat between meals.
5 letter words containing nos
6 letter words containing nos
- -nosed — having a nose of the specified kind
- chinos — Chinos are casual, loose trousers made from cotton.
- dacnos — A prototype network operating system for multi-vendor environments, from IBM European Networking Centre Heidelberg and University of Karlsruhe.
- donoso — José [hoh-zey;; Spanish haw-se] /hoʊˈzeɪ;; Spanish hɔˈsɛ/ (Show IPA), 1924–96, Chilean novelist and short-story writer.
- e-nose — an electronic device which can detect bacteria, disease, etc by means of a computerized chemical sensing system
7 letter words containing nos
- -gnosis — (esp in medicine) recognition or knowledge
- acinose — consisting of acini.
- agnosia — loss or diminution of the power to recognize familiar objects or people, usually as a result of brain damage
- albinos — Plural form of albino.
- anosmia — loss of the sense of smell, usually as the result of a lesion of the olfactory nerve, disease in another organ or part, or obstruction of the nasal passages
8 letter words containing nos
9 letter words containing nos
- -agnostic — not restricted to using one type of hardware or software
- adenosine — a nucleoside formed by the condensation of adenine and ribose. It is present in all living cells in a combined form, as in ribonucleic acids. Formula: C10H13N5O4
- agnostics — Plural form of agnostic.
- arabinose — a pentose sugar in plant gums, esp of cedars and pines. It is used as a culture medium in bacteriology. Formula: C5H10O5
- biocenose — a situation in which organisms live together in mutual dependence
10 letter words containing nos
11 letter words containing nos
- actinostele — (botany) A type of protostele, in which the core of vascular tissue in the stem extends outward in lobes.
- agnosticism — Agnosticism is the belief that it is not possible to say definitely whether or not there is a God. Compare atheism.
- anacoenosis — a figure of speech in which an appeal is made to one's listeners or opponents for their opinion or judgment as to the subject under discussion.
- anthracnose — any of several fungus diseases of plants and trees, such as vines and beans, characterized by oval dark depressed spots on the fruit and elsewhere
- antignostic — pertaining to knowledge.
12 letter words containing nos
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- actinostelic — Of or possessing an actinostele.
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- agnostically — a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience. Synonyms: disbeliever, nonbeliever, unbeliever; doubter, skeptic, secularist, empiricist; heathen, heretic, infidel, pagan.
- autohypnosis — the process or result of self-induced hypnosis
13 letter words containing nos
- adenosquamous — Having both glandular (adenoid) and squamous characteristics.
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
- antineutrinos — Plural form of antineutrino.
- astereognosis — inability to recognize objects by touch
- asthenosphere — a thin semifluid layer of the earth (100–200 km thick), below the outer rigid lithosphere, forming part of the mantle and thought to be able to flow vertically and horizontally, enabling sections of lithosphere to subside, rise, and undergo lateral movement
14 letter words containing nos
- adenosclerosis — (medicine) The hardening of a gland.
- asthenospermia — (medicine) Loss or reduction in the strength or energy of sperm cells, hence infertility. Not always infertile many are subfertile.
- asthenospermic — (medicine) Characterised by or pertaining to asthenospermia, hence infertile.
- asthenospheric — relating to the asthenosphere
- carcinosarcoma — a malignant tumour composed of carcinoma and sarcoma
15 letter words containing nos
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- carcinosarcomas — Plural form of carcinosarcoma.
- castanospermine — a substance obtained from the Australian chestnut or black bean tree
16 letter words containing nos
- aluminosilicates — Plural form of aluminosilicate.
- hypervitaminosis — an abnormal condition caused by an excessive intake of vitamins.
- immunosuppressed — the inhibition of the normal immune response because of disease, the administration of drugs, or surgery.
- immunosuppressor — (pharmacology) An immunosuppressive agent.
- monosyllabically — In single syllables.
17 letter words containing nos
- gastrojejunostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
- immunodiagnostics — the determination of immunologic characteristics of individuals, cells, and other biologic entities.
- immunosuppressant — (pharmacology) Capable of immunosuppression, immunosuppressive.
- immunosuppression — the inhibition of the normal immune response because of disease, the administration of drugs, or surgery.
- immunosuppressive — capable of causing immunosuppression: immunosuppressive drugs.
18 letter words containing nos
- adenosylmethionine — (biochemistry) An adenosyl derivative of methionine that is a common co-substrate involved in transmethylation.
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
- chronostratigraphy — The branch of geology concerned with establishing the absolute ages of strata.
- duodenojejunostomy — the formation of an artificial connection between the duodenum and the jejunum.
- gastroduodenostomy — See under gastroenterostomy.
20 letter words containing nos
- gastroduodenostomies — Plural form of gastroduodenostomy.
21 letter words containing nos
23 letter words containing nos
- dacryocystorhinostomies — Plural form of dacryocystorhinostomy.
26 letter words containing nos
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
On this page, we collect all words with NOS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 754 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains NOS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.