Words containing nag
3 letter words containing nag
- nag — to annoy by persistent faultfinding, complaints, or demands.
4 letter words containing nag
- knag — A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir.
- naga — a member of any of the disparate tribal peoples of Nagaland and bordering areas of Burma.
- nage — An aromatic court bouillon or stock, used for cooking shellfish.
- nags — A person who nags someone.
- nagy — Imre [im-re] /ˈɪm rɛ/ (Show IPA), 1896–1958, Hungarian political leader: premier 1953–55, 1956.
5 letter words containing nag
6 letter words containing nag
- alnage — the inspection and measurement of woollen cloth in ells
- donage — Misspelling of dunnage.
- ennage — the total number of ens in a piece of matter to be set in type
- innage — the quantity of goods remaining in a container when received after shipment. Compare outage (def 4).
- knaggy — knotty; rough with knots.
7 letter words containing nag
- alnager — an inspector of the quality and measurement of woollen cloth
- amenage — to tame or domesticate
- anagoge — allegorical or spiritual interpretation, esp of sacred works such as the Bible
- anagogy — anagoge.
- anagram — An anagram is a word or phrase formed by changing the order of the letters in another word or phrase. For example, 'triangle' is an anagram of 'integral'.
8 letter words containing nag
- alienage — the legal status of an alien
- anaglyph — a stereoscopic picture consisting of two images of the same object, taken from slightly different angles, in two complementary colours, usually red and cyan (green-blue). When viewed through spectacles having one red and one cyan lens, the images merge to produce a stereoscopic sensation
- anagoges — Plural form of anagoge.
- anagogic — of or relating to an anagoge.
- anagrams — a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.”.
9 letter words containing nag
10 letter words containing nag
- ahmednagar — a city in W India, in Maharashtra: formerly one of the kingdoms of Deccan. Pop: 307 455 (2001)
- anagenesis — the progressive evolutionary changes that take place over time in a single genetic lineage
- anagenetic — Biology. the progressive evolution of a species. Compare catagenesis.
- anaglyphic — Relating to anaglyphs.
- anaglyptic — Of or pertaining to anaglyptics or to an anaglyph.
11 letter words containing nag
- anaglyptics — (arts) The art of carving or embossing in low relief.
- anagnorises — Plural form of anagnorisis.
- anagnorisis — (in Greek tragedy) the recognition or discovery by the protagonist of the identity of some character or the nature of his own predicament, which leads to the resolution of the plot; denouement
- anagramming — a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.”.
- brobdingnag — in Swift's Gulliver's Travels, a land inhabited by giants about 60 feet tall
12 letter words containing nag
- anaglyphical — Alternative form of anaglyphic.
- anagrammatic — a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.”.
- chandannagar — port in NE India, near Kolkata: formerly a French dependency, it became part of the republic of India in 1950: pop. 120,000
- coronagraphs — Plural form of coronagraph.
- floor-manage — to act as or in the manner of a floor manager.
13 letter words containing nag
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
- anagrammatise — To produce an anagram of (a piece of text).
- anagrammatism — The creation of anagrams.
- anagrammatist — A creator (finder) of anagrams, one who comes up with anagrams.
- anagrammatize — to arrange into an anagram
14 letter words containing nag
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anagrammatical — Alternative form of anagrammatic.
- anagrammatized — Simple past tense and past participle of anagrammatize.
- antimanagement — relating to a theory of organization opposed to management
- brobdingnagian — gigantic; huge; immense
15 letter words containing nag
- anagrammatizing — Present participle of anagrammatize.
- micromanagement — The direct management of a project etc to an excessive degree, with too much attention to detail and insufficient delegation.
- nonagricultural — not applied to or generally practicing agriculture: a nonagricultural nation.
- self-management — the act or manner of managing; handling, direction, or control.
- snaggle-toothed — a tooth growing out beyond or apart from others.
16 letter words containing nag
- anagrammatically — In an anagrammatic manner.
- counterespionage — Counterespionage is the same as counterintelligence.
- nagorno-karabakh — a region in SW Azerbaijan: residents mostly Armenian. 1700 sq. mi. (4400 sq. km).
- quasi-managerial — pertaining to management or a manager: managerial functions; the managerial class of society.
17 letter words containing nag
On this page, we collect all words with NAG. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 565 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains NAG that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.