Words containing mo
3 letter words containing mo
- gmo — genetically modified organism: an organism or microorganism whose genetic material has been altered by means of genetic engineering.
4 letter words containing mo
- ammo — Ammo is ammunition for guns and other weapons.
- amok — a state of murderous frenzy, originally observed among Malays
- amon — a local god of fertility and life in Egyptian Thebes: later associated with Re as the chief deity of Egypt ( Amon-Re): identified by the Greeks (and Romans) with Zeus (and Jupiter)
- amor — love of one's country; patriotism.
- amos — a Hebrew prophet of the 8th century bc
5 letter words containing mo
- alamo — Franciscan mission at San Antonio, Tex.: scene of a siege and massacre of Texans by Mexican troops (1836)
- almon — a Philippine, dipterocarpaceous tree, Shorea eximia.
- ammon — the ancestor of the Ammonites
- amoks — (among members of certain Southeast Asian cultures) a psychic disturbance characterized by depression followed by a manic urge to murder.
- amole — the root, bulb or other part of several mainly western North American plants, such as the agave and yucca, used as a substitute for soap
6 letter words containing mo
- adamov — Arthur. 1908–70, French dramatist, born in Russia: one of the foremost exponents of the Theatre of the Absurd. His plays include Le Professeur Taranne (1953), Le Ping-Pong (1955), and Le Printemps '71 (1960)
- ahmose — 1580–1557 b.c, founder of the New Kingdom of ancient Egypt.
- akmola — Astana
- alamos — a poplar.
- alcamo — a city in NW Sicily, Italy, near the site of the ancient Greek settlement of Segesta.
7 letter words containing mo
- aftmost — furthest aft; furthest towards the rear; rearmost
- agamous — agamic
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- alimony — Alimony is money that a court of law orders someone to pay regularly to their former wife or husband after they have got divorced. Compare palimony.
- almohad — a member of a Muslim dynasty ruling in Spain and northern Africa during the 12th and 13th centuries.
8 letter words containing mo
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- acrimony — Acrimony is bitter and angry words or quarrels.
- admonish — If you admonish someone, you tell them very seriously that they have done something wrong.
- agrimony — any of various N temperate rosaceous plants of the genus Agrimonia, which have compound leaves, long spikes of small yellow flowers, and bristly burlike fruits
- albumose — any of a class of chemical compounds derived from albumins by the action of certain enzymes, as in digestion
9 letter words containing mo
- admonitor — a person who admonishes
- aftermost — closer or closest to the rear or (in a vessel) the stern; last
- airmobile — capable of being moved by air, esp by helicopter
- akmolinsk — former name of Akmola.
- allomorph — any of the phonological representations of a single morpheme. For example, the final (s) and (z) sounds of bets and beds are allomorphs of the English noun-plural morpheme
10 letter words containing mo
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- acronymous — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
- admonished — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- admonition — An admonition is a warning or criticism about someone's behaviour.
- admonitory — admonishing; warning
11 letter words containing mo
- accommodate — If a building or space can accommodate someone or something, it has enough room for them.
- acrimonious — Acrimonious words or quarrels are bitter and angry.
- admonishing — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- allelomorph — allele
12 letter words containing mo
- accommodable — having the ability to be accommodated
- accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- accommodator — a person or thing that accommodates
- admonishment — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
13 letter words containing mo
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- accommodation — Accommodation is used to refer to buildings or rooms where people live or stay.
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- accommodators — a person or thing that accommodates.
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
14 letter words containing mo
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
- ammonification — infusion with ammonia or ammonium compounds
- anamorphoscope — an optical device, such as a cylindrical lens, for correcting an image that has been distorted by anamorphosis
- antidemocratic — opposed to the principles or practice of democracy
- antihomosexual — opposed to homosexual people and behaviour
15 letter words containing mo
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- anthropomorphic — Anthropomorphic means relating to the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
- antihemorrhagic — That stops or reduces hemorrhage.
- antiremonstrant — the party that opposed the Remonstrants
16 letter words containing mo
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
17 letter words containing mo
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- anti-monopolistic — a person who has a monopoly.
- bitter-almond-oil — Also called sweet almond oil, expressed almond oil. a colorless to pale yellow fatty oil expressed from the seeds of the sweet almond, used in preparing perfumes and confections.
- carboxyhemoglobin — a compound formed in the blood when carbon monoxide occupies the positions on the hemoglobin molecule normally taken by oxygen, resulting in cellular oxygen starvation
18 letter words containing mo
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- chlorobromomethane — a clear, colorless, volatile, nonflammable liquid, CH 2 ClBr, used chiefly as an extinguishing agent in fire extinguishers and as a solvent in organic synthesis.
19 letter words containing mo
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- common-iliac-artery — Also called common iliac artery. either of two large arteries that conduct blood to the pelvis and the legs.
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
20 letter words containing mo
21 letter words containing mo
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
32 letter words containing mo
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with MO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10740 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.