Words containing mach
4 letter words containing mach
- mach — Ernst [ernst] /ɛrnst/ (Show IPA), 1838–1916, Austrian physicist, psychologist, and philosopher.
5 letter words containing mach
6 letter words containing mach
- -machy — struggle or contest
- machan — A kind of safety platform in a tree used when hunting big animals such as tigers and leopards; found most commonly in Indian jungles.
- machel — Samora Moisés [suh-mawr-uh moi-zes] /səˈmɔr ə mɔɪˈzɛs/ (Show IPA), 1933–86, Mozambique political leader: president 1975–86.
- machen — Arthur, 1863–1947, Welsh novelist and essayist.
- macher — A person who gets things done.
7 letter words containing mach
- camacho — Manuel Ávila [mah-nwel ah-vee-lah] /mɑˈnwɛl ˈɑ viˌlɑ/ (Show IPA). Manuel Avila Camacho.
- hamachi — The Japanese name for Pacific yellowtail, especially when used in sushi and sashimi.
- machado — Joaquim Maria (ʒuaˈkɪ maˈria). 1839–1908, Brazilian author of novels and short stories, whose novels include Epitaph of a Small Winner (1881) and Dom Casmurro (1899)
- machair — (geology) A type of calcerous sandy terrain formed mostly from seashells, found by the coast in areas of Scotland and Ireland.
- machala — a city in SW Ecuador.
8 letter words containing mach
- drammach — an uncooked mixture of meal, usually oatmeal, and cold water.
- logomach — Someone who argues about the meaning of words.
- lumachel — (mineralogy) A grey form of limestone that contains fossil shells, and reflects a fiery play of colours.
- machairs — Plural form of machair.
- machetes — Plural form of machete.
9 letter words containing mach
10 letter words containing mach
11 letter words containing mach
- brahmachari — a student of the Vedas, especially one committed to brahmacharya.
- callimachus — late 5th century bc, Greek sculptor, reputed to have invented the Corinthian capital
- haemachrome — Hematin.
- logomachies — Plural form of logomachy.
- logomachist — One who starts fights about the meaning of words.
12 letter words containing mach
- brahmacharya — the stage of life of the student, entailing study of the Vedas and complete celibacy, usually lasting for twelve years.
- gigantomachy — (in Greek mythology) the struggle between the gods and the giants.
- iconomachist — a person who campaigns against the use of icons in religious worship
- machairodont — having sabre-like teeth; sabre-toothed
- machiavelian — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
13 letter words containing mach
- machiavellian — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
- machiavellism — of, like, or befitting Machiavelli.
- machicolation — an opening in the floor between the corbels of a projecting gallery or parapet, as on a wall or in the vault of a passage, through which missiles, molten lead, etc., might be cast upon an enemy beneath.
- machilipatnam — a city in E Andhra Pradesh state, in S India, on the Bay of Bengal: first British trading settlement 1611.
- machinability — The condition of being machinable.
14 letter words containing mach
- free-machining — (of certain metals) readily machinable at high speeds with low force.
- machicolations — Plural form of machicolation.
- machine-stitch — to sew on a sewing machine.
- schleiermacher — Friedrich Ernst Daniel [free-drikh ernst dah-nee-el] /ˈfri drɪx ɛrnst ˈdɑ niˌɛl/ (Show IPA), 1768–1834, German theologian and philosopher.
- stomachfulness — the quality of being stomachful
15 letter words containing mach
- bathing-machine — a small bathhouse on wheels formerly used as a dressing room and in which bathers could also be transported from the beach to the water.
- complex-machine — an apparatus consisting of interrelated parts with separate functions, used in the performance of some kind of work: a sewing machine.
16 letter words containing mach
On this page, we collect all words with MACH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 333 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MACH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.