Words containing ma
3 letter words containing ma
4 letter words containing ma
- agma — the symbol (ŋ), used to represent a velar nasal consonant, as in long (lɒŋ ) or tank (tæŋk )
- alma — a feminine name
- amah — (in the East, esp formerly) a nurse or maidservant, esp one of Chinese origin
- aman — Haman.
- amas — a Japanese diver, usually a woman, who tends underwater oyster beds used in the cultivation of pearls.
5 letter words containing ma
- acoma — a Pueblo Indian village near Albuquerque, New Mexico, built on a sandstone mesa: oldest continuously inhabited location in the U.S.
- adama — Admah.
- admah — one of the cities that was destroyed along with Sodom and Gomorrah. Deut. 29:23.
- adman — An adman is someone who works in advertising.
- agama — any small terrestrial lizard of the genus Agama, which inhabit warm regions of the Old World: family Agamidae
6 letter words containing ma
- adamas — Admah.
- admass — the part of society that is easily influenced by the mass media and advertising
- ahmadi — a member of the Ahmadiya.
- aidman — an army medical assistant attached to a field unit
- airman — An airman is a man who flies aircraft, especially one who serves in his country's air force.
7 letter words containing ma
- abysmal — If you describe a situation or the condition of something as abysmal, you think that it is very bad or poor in quality.
- acousma — acouasm.
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
- adenoma — a tumour, usually benign, occurring in glandular tissue
8 letter words containing ma
- abnormal — Someone or something that is abnormal is unusual, especially in a way that is worrying.
- abomasum — the fourth and last compartment of the stomach of ruminants, which receives and digests food from the psalterium and passes it on to the small intestine
- abomasus — abomasum.
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
- achimaas — Ahimaaz.
9 letter words containing ma
- abysmally — of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great.
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- adenomata — a benign tumor originating in a secretory gland.
10 letter words containing ma
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- achromatic — without colour
11 letter words containing ma
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acclimation — The process of becoming, or the state of being, acclimated, or habituated to a new climate; acclimatization.
12 letter words containing ma
- adenosarcoma — a complex tumor containing both glandular and connective tissues.
- aeromagnetic — of magnetism in the atmosphere
- aircraftsman — a person holding the rank of noncommissioned officer in the RAF.
- allhallowmas — All Saints' Day.
- alphitomancy — the use of barley meal as a means of divination.
13 letter words containing ma
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
14 letter words containing ma
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- aircraftswoman — a woman holding a noncommissioned rank in the RAF.
- airtsy-mairtsy — affected; effeminate
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- angiomyolipoma — (medicine) A common benign tumour of the kidney.
15 letter words containing ma
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- alpes-maritimes — a department of the SE corner of France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Nice. Pop: 1 045 973 (2003 est). Area: 4298 sq km (1676 sq miles)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing ma
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anti-materialism — preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- anti-materialist — a person who is markedly more concerned with material things than with spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values.
- anti-romanticism — romantic spirit or tendency.
17 letter words containing ma
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
18 letter words containing ma
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
19 letter words containing ma
On this page, we collect all words with MA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17458 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains MA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.