Words containing lu
3 letter words containing lu
4 letter words containing lu
5 letter words containing lu
- alula — the terminal part of a bird's wing corresponding to the thumb, consisting of two or more quills; bastard wing
- alure — a flat passage often found behind parapets of churches or battlements
- balun — a device for coupling two electrical circuit elements, such as an aerial and its feeder cable, where one is balanced and the other is unbalanced
- blued — the pure color of a clear sky; the primary color between green and violet in the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 450 and 500 nm.
- bluer — the pure color of a clear sky; the primary color between green and violet in the visible spectrum, an effect of light with a wavelength between 450 and 500 nm.
6 letter words containing lu
7 letter words containing lu
- abluent — a substance used for cleansing
- abluted — washed thoroughly
- aetolus — son of Endymion and founder of Aetolia.
- aglucon — an aglycon, especially one combined with glucose to form a glycoside.
- alluded — to refer casually or indirectly; make an allusion (usually followed by to): He often alluded to his poverty.
8 letter words containing lu
9 letter words containing lu
- absolutes — free from imperfection; complete; perfect: absolute liberty.
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- aeschylus — ?525–?456 bc, Greek dramatist, regarded as the father of Greek tragedy. Seven of his plays are extant, including Seven Against Thebes, The Persians, Prometheus Bound, and the trilogy of the Oresteia
10 letter words containing lu
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
- absolution — If someone is given absolution, they are forgiven for something wrong that they have done.
- absolutism — Absolutism is a political system in which one ruler or leader has complete power and authority over a country.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
11 letter words containing lu
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- acidophilus — a lactic-acid-producing bacterium primarily found in live yoghurt, useful in restoring bacterial balance in the intestine
- aelurophile — ailurophile.
- aelurophobe — ailurophobe.
12 letter words containing lu
13 letter words containing lu
- agglutination — the act or process of agglutinating
- agglutinative — tending to join or capable of joining
- all-inclusive — All-inclusive is used to indicate that a price, especially the price of a holiday, includes all the charges and all the services offered.
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- aluminography — algraphy.
14 letter words containing lu
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- baby-blue-eyes — any of several plants of the genus Nemophila, of western North America, especially N. menziesii, a low-growing plant having blue, white-centered flowers.
- bioluminescent — the production of light by living organisms.
- black-and-blue — (of the skin) discoloured, as from a bruise
- bremsstrahlung — the radiation produced when an electrically charged particle, esp an electron, is slowed down by the electric field of an atomic nucleus or an atomic ion
15 letter words containing lu
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
- anti-revolution — an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
- dexfenfluramine — an adrenergic drug, a form of fenfluramine, formerly used in treating obesity but withdrawn from the market in 1997 because of its potential to cause valvular heart disease.
- disillusionment — to free from or deprive of illusion, belief, idealism, etc.; disenchant.
16 letter words containing lu
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- diethyltoluamide — a liquid, C 12 H 17 NO, used as an insect repellent and resin solvent.
- double-clutching — (of a bird) to produce a second clutch of eggs after the first has been removed, usually for hatching in an incubator.
- hemagglutination — the clumping of red blood cells.
17 letter words containing lu
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counterrevolution — A counterrevolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
18 letter words containing lu
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- chlorofluorocarbon — Chlorofluorocarbons are the same as CFCs.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words containing lu
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing lu
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words containing lu
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
22 letter words containing lu
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing lu
On this page, we collect all words with LU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5451 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LU that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.