Words containing lo
4 letter words containing lo
- alod — a feudal estate with no superior
- aloe — any plant of the liliaceous genus Aloe, chiefly native to southern Africa, with fleshy spiny-toothed leaves and red or yellow flowers
- alot — lot (def 14).
- alow — in or into the lower rigging of a vessel, near the deck
- belo — Carlos Felipe Ximenes, born 1948, East Timorese Roman Catholic bishop: Nobel Peace Prize 1996.
5 letter words containing lo
- aglow — If something is aglow, it is shining and bright with a soft, warm light.
- allo- — indicating difference, variation, or opposition
- alloa — a town in E central Scotland, the administrative centre of Clackmannanshire. Pop: 18 989 (2001)
- allod — allodium
- allon — the cry uttered by a whipper-in to signify that all the hounds are accounted for.
6 letter words containing lo
7 letter words containing lo
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- absalom — the third son of David, who rebelled against his father and was eventually killed by Joab (II Samuel 15–18)
- acyloin — an organic compound containing a hydroxyl group attached to a carbonyl group
- agelong — lasting a very long time
- airflow — The airflow around an object or vehicle is the way that the air flows around it.
8 letter words containing lo
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abutilon — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the malvaceous genus Abutilon, such as the flowering maple, that have showy white, yellow, or red flowers
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
- acoelous — not having a true digestive tract
- acrology — acrophony.
9 letter words containing lo
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- acarology — the study of mites and ticks
- acidulous — rather sour
- acyclovir — an antiviral drug used to treat herpes. Formula: C8H11N5O3
- adenology — the branch of medicine dealing with the development, structure, function, and diseases of glands.
10 letter words containing lo
- acarpelous — without carpels
- acebutolol — a beta blocker, C 18 H 28 N 2 O 4 , used in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- acoelomate — any animal without a body cavity, such as a flatworm
- actinology — the science of light rays and their chemical effects
11 letter words containing lo
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- aeolotropic — anisotropic
12 letter words containing lo
13 letter words containing lo
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acrylonitrile — a colourless liquid that is miscible with water and has toxic fumes: used in the manufacture of acrylic fibres and resins, rubber, and thermoplastics. Formula: CH2:CHCN
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- agglomeration — An agglomeration of things is a lot of different things gathered together, often in no particular order or arrangement.
- agglomerative — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
14 letter words containing lo
- aetiologically — etiology.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- allopolyploidy — the state of having two or more sets of chromosomes derived from parents of different species or widely differing strains
- allotransplant — allograft.
- alveolopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
15 letter words containing lo
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- allotriomorphic — (of minerals) not having their own regular shape (as determined by their internal structure) but being shaped instead by adjacent minerals
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
16 letter words containing lo
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- ancienne-lorette — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
17 letter words containing lo
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
18 letter words containing lo
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
19 letter words containing lo
20 letter words containing lo
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
22 letter words containing lo
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
On this page, we collect all words with LO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15684 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains LO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.