Words containing jac
4 letter words containing jac
- jack — Sir John Arthur ("Jack") 1926–2014, Australian racing-car driver and designer.
5 letter words containing jac
6 letter words containing jac
- hijack — to steal (cargo) from a truck or other vehicle after forcing it to stop: to hijack a load of whiskey.
- jacals — Plural form of jacal.
- jacana — any of several tropical, ploverlike, aquatic birds of the family Jacanidae, most of them having extremely long toes and claws for walking on floating water plants.
- jacent — Lying at length.
- jackal — any of several nocturnal wild dogs of the genus Canis, especially C. aureus, of Asia and Africa, that scavenge or hunt in packs.
7 letter words containing jac
- ajaccio — the capital of Corsica, a port on the W coast. Pop: 64 432 (2007)
- carjack — to attack (a driver in a car) in order to rob the driver or to steal the car for another crime
- hijacks — Plural form of hijack.
- jacalyn — a female given name.
- jacamar — any tropical American bird of the family Galbulidae, having a long bill and usually metallic green plumage above.
8 letter words containing jac
- adjacent — If one thing is adjacent to another, the two things are next to each other.
- bluejack — a species of oak, Quercus incana, the leaves of which have a blue tinge
- bootjack — a device that grips the heel of a boot to enable the foot to be withdrawn easily
- carjacks — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of carjack.
- flapjack — a pancake or griddlecake.
9 letter words containing jac
- adjacence — the state of being adjacent
- adjacency — the quality or state of being adjacent; nearness
- amberjack — any of several large carangid fishes of the genus Seriola, esp S. dumerili, with golden markings when young, occurring in tropical and subtropical Atlantic waters
- applejack — a brandy made from apples; distilled cider
- bedjacket — A short jacket worn when sitting up in bed, usually by women.
10 letter words containing jac
- adjacently — lying near, close, or contiguous; adjoining; neighboring: a motel adjacent to the highway.
- amberjacks — Plural form of amberjack.
- antihijack — acting to prevent or resolve hijack situations
- bluejacket — a sailor in the Navy
- car-jacker — A car-jacker is someone who attacks and steals from people who are driving their own cars.
11 letter words containing jac
- antijacobin — opposed the political activities of the Jacobins
- blogjacking — the use of another person’s blog without his or her consent, esp for malicious or satirical purposes
- bluejacking — the practice of using one Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to gain access to another, esp in order to send anonymous text messages
- bottle-jack — a large jack used for heavy lifts
- carjackings — Plural form of carjacking.
12 letter words containing jac
13 letter words containing jac
- circumjacency — the state of being circumjacent
- high-low-jack — all fours (def 2).
- interjaculate — (transitive) To ejaculate (a remark, etc.) parenthetically.
- jack-the-rags — a rag-and-bone man
- leatherjacket — Also called leather jack. any of several carangid fishes having narrow, linear scales embedded in the skin at various angles, especially Oligoplites saurus, found in tropical American waters.
14 letter words containing jac
- jack-in-office — a self-important petty official
- jackknife-fish — a black and white, American drum, Equetus lanceolatus, found in tropical areas of the Atlantic Ocean, having an elongated dorsal fin that is held erect.
- leatherjackets — Plural form of leatherjacket.
- straightjacket — to put in or as in a straitjacket: Her ambition was straitjacketed by her family.
15 letter words containing jac
- interjaculatory — expressed by interjaculating
- jack-in-the-box — a toy consisting of a box from which an enclosed figure springs up when the lid is opened.
- jack-o'-lantern — a hollowed pumpkin with openings cut to represent human eyes, nose, and mouth and in which a candle or other light may be placed, traditionally made for display at Halloween.
17 letter words containing jac
- jack-in-the-green — (in England, formerly) a man who wore or supported a leaf-covered wooden framework while dancing in May-Day celebrations
18 letter words containing jac
On this page, we collect all words with JAC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 440 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains JAC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.