Words containing ja
3 letter words containing ja
4 letter words containing ja
- ajar — If a door is ajar, it is slightly open.
- ajax — the son of Telamon; a Greek hero of the Trojan War who killed himself in vexation when Achilles' armour was given to Odysseus
- baja — a narrow peninsula in NW Mexico between the Gulf of California and the Pacific, forming two territories of Mexico. 55,634 sq. mi. (144,090 sq. km). Capitals: Mexicali (Northern Territory) and La Paz (Southern Territory).
- beja — a member of a group of nomadic, predominantly Muslim peoples of northeastern Sudan.
- bsja — British Show Jumping Association
5 letter words containing ja
- abjad — (linguistics) A writing system, similar to a syllabary, in which there is one glyph (that is a symbol or letter) for each consonant or consonantal phoneme. Some languages that use abjads are Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Urdu. Abjads differ from syllabaries (such as the Japanese hiragana) in that the vowel quality of each letter is left unspecified, and must be inferred from context and grammar.
- abuja — the federal capital of Nigeria, in the centre of the country. Pop: 467 000 (2005 est)
- askja — a volcano in E central Iceland: active in 1961; largest crater in Iceland. Height: 1510 m (4954 ft). Area of crater: 88 sq km (34 sq miles)
- bajaj — (Indonesia) A tuk-tuk.
- bajan — a native of Barbados
6 letter words containing ja
- ajanta — a village in N Maharashtra, in W central India: caves and shrines containing Buddhist frescoes and sculptures.
- ajaria — an autonomous region in SW Georgia, bordered by Turkey and the Black Sea. 1120 sq. mi. (2900 sq. km). Capital: Batumi.
- bajada — a scrummaging technique, developed in Argentina, in which all eight forwards in a pack drive forward low and hard
- banjax — to ruin or destroy, often as a result of incompetence
- baroja — Pio (ˈpio). 1872–1956, Spanish Basque novelist, who wrote nearly 100 novels, including a series of twenty-two under the general title Memorias de un Hombre de Acción (1944–49)
7 letter words containing ja
- abidjan — a port in Côte d'Ivoire, on the Gulf of Guinea: the legislative capital (Yamoussoukro became the administrative capital in 1983). Pop: 3 516 000 (2005 est)
- ajaccio — the capital of Corsica, a port on the W coast. Pop: 64 432 (2007)
- ajarred — (rare, perhaps nonstandard) Simple past tense and past participle of ajar.
- alforja — a saddlebag made of leather or canvas
- antijam — acting to prevent jamming in mechanical systems or communications devices
8 letter words containing ja
9 letter words containing ja
- adjacence — the state of being adjacent
- adjacency — the quality or state of being adjacent; nearness
- amberjack — any of several large carangid fishes of the genus Seriola, esp S. dumerili, with golden markings when young, occurring in tropical and subtropical Atlantic waters
- applejack — a brandy made from apples; distilled cider
- bedjacket — A short jacket worn when sitting up in bed, usually by women.
10 letter words containing ja
- adjacently — lying near, close, or contiguous; adjoining; neighboring: a motel adjacent to the highway.
- amberjacks — Plural form of amberjack.
- antihijack — acting to prevent or resolve hijack situations
- azerbaijan — a republic in NW Asia: the region was acquired by Russia from Persia in the early 19th century; became the Azerbaijan Soviet Socialist Republic in 1936 and gained independence in 1991; consists of dry subtropical steppes around the Aras and Kura rivers, surrounded by the Caucasus; contains the extensive Baku oilfields. Language: Azerbaijani (or Azeri). Religion: Shiite Muslim. Currency: manat. Capital: Baku. Pop: 9 590 159 (2013 est). Area: 86 600 sq km (33 430 sq miles)
- bluejacket — a sailor in the Navy
11 letter words containing ja
- ahmadinejad — Mahmoud (mæhˈmuːd). born 1956, Iranian politician; president of Iran (2005–13)
- antijacobin — opposed the political activities of the Jacobins
- azerbaijani — a native or inhabitant of Azerbaijan
- banjarmasin — a port in Indonesia, in SW Borneo. Pop: 527 415 (2000)
- benjaminite — a member of the tribe of Benjamin.
12 letter words containing ja
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- bandjarmasin — Banjarmasin
- circumjacent — surrounding; lying around
- clamjamphrie — rubbish
- clickjacking — the practice of using a disguised hyperlink to direct an internet user to a website he or she does not wish to visit
13 letter words containing ja
- azerbaijanian — a native or inhabitant of Azerbaijan.
- benjamin-bush — Also called spice-wood. a yellow-flowered, North American shrub, Lindera benzoin, of the laurel family, whose bark and leaves have a spicy odor.
- circumjacency — the state of being circumjacent
- high-low-jack — all fours (def 2).
- interjaculate — (transitive) To ejaculate (a remark, etc.) parenthetically.
14 letter words containing ja
- jack-in-office — a self-important petty official
- jackknife-fish — a black and white, American drum, Equetus lanceolatus, found in tropical areas of the Atlantic Ocean, having an elongated dorsal fin that is held erect.
- leatherjackets — Plural form of leatherjacket.
- pitjantjatjara — an Aboriginal people of the desert area of South Australia
- straightjacket — to put in or as in a straitjacket: Her ambition was straitjacketed by her family.
15 letter words containing ja
- barrancabermeja — a city in N Colombia.
- interjaculatory — expressed by interjaculating
- jack-in-the-box — a toy consisting of a box from which an enclosed figure springs up when the lid is opened.
- jack-o'-lantern — a hollowed pumpkin with openings cut to represent human eyes, nose, and mouth and in which a candle or other light may be placed, traditionally made for display at Halloween.
- jaques-dalcroze — Émile [French ey-meel] /French eɪˈmil/ (Show IPA), 1865–1950, Swiss composer and teacher: created eurythmics.
17 letter words containing ja
- benjamin-constant — Henri Benjamin [ahn-ree ban-zha-man] /ɑ̃ˈri bɛ̃ ʒaˈmɛ̃/ (Show IPA), (Benjamin Constant) 1767–1830, French statesman and author, born in Switzerland.
- eyjafjallajökull — a cone-shaped ice cap in south Iceland that covers an active volcano. The volcano’s eruption in 2010 resulted in large high-altitude clouds of volcanic ash that caused major disruption to European passenger air traffic. Height: 1666 m (5466 ft)
- jack-in-the-green — (in England, formerly) a man who wore or supported a leaf-covered wooden framework while dancing in May-Day celebrations
18 letter words containing ja
On this page, we collect all words with JA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1605 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains JA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.