Words containing ib
3 letter words containing ib
- bib — A bib is a piece of cloth or plastic which is worn by very young children to protect their clothes while they are eating.
- cib — Criminal Investigation Branch (of New Zealand police)
- dib — to fish by allowing the bait to bob and dip on the surface
- fib — a small or trivial lie; minor falsehood.
- gib — a cat, especially a male cat.
4 letter words containing ib
5 letter words containing ib
- alibi — If you have an alibi, you can prove that you were somewhere else when a crime was committed.
- aslib — Association for Information Management
- bible — The Bible is the holy book on which the Jewish and Christian religions are based.
- bribe — A bribe is a sum of money or something valuable that one person offers or gives to another in order to persuade him or her to do something.
- carib — a member of a group of American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles
6 letter words containing ib
7 letter words containing ib
8 letter words containing ib
- adlibbed — to improvise all or part of (a speech, a piece of music, etc.): to ad-lib one's lines.
- amphibia — the amphibians considered collectively
- anaxibia — a daughter of Atreus and Aërope, and the sister of Agamemnon and Menelaus.
- antibody — Antibodies are substances which a person's or an animal's body produces in their blood in order to destroy substances which carry disease.
- beriberi — a disease, endemic in E and S Asia, caused by dietary deficiency of thiamine (vitamin B1). It affects the nerves to the limbs, producing pain, paralysis, and swelling
9 letter words containing ib
- adlibbing — to improvise all or part of (a speech, a piece of music, etc.): to ad-lib one's lines.
- amphibian — Amphibians are animals such as frogs and toads that can live both on land and in water.
- amphibole — any of a large group of minerals consisting of the silicates of calcium, iron, magnesium, sodium, and aluminium, usually in the form of long slender dark-coloured crystals. Members of the group, including hornblende, actinolite, and tremolite, are common constituents of igneous rocks
- amphiboly — ambiguity of speech, especially from uncertainty of the grammatical construction rather than of the meaning of the words, as in The Duke yet lives that Henry shall depose.
- antiblack — showing discrimination against Black people
10 letter words containing ib
- accessible — If a place or building is accessible to people, it is easy for them to reach it or get into it. If an object is accessible, it is easy to reach.
- accessibly — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- admissible — If evidence is admissible, it is allowed in a court of law.
- alcibiades — 450–404 bc, Athenian statesman and general in the Peloponnesian War: brilliant, courageous, and unstable, he defected to the Spartans in 415, but returned and led the Athenian victories at Abydos (411) and Cyzicus (410)
- amphibians — any cold-blooded vertebrate of the class Amphibia, comprising frogs and toads, newts and salamanders, and caecilians, the larvae being typically aquatic, breathing by gills, and the adults being typically semiterrestrial, breathing by lungs and through the moist, glandular skin.
11 letter words containing ib
- amphibiotic — having an aquatic larval form and a terrestrial adult form, as amphibians
- amphibolite — a metamorphic rock consisting mainly of amphibole and plagioclase
- amphibology — ambiguity of expression, esp when due to a grammatical construction, as in save rags and waste paper
- amphibolous — ambiguous or equivocal, especially when due to the uncertain grammatical construction of a word or phrase.
- antibilious — of a nature that can be used to counter biliousness
12 letter words containing ib
- agribusiness — Agribusiness is the various businesses that produce, sell, and distribute farm products, especially on a large scale.
- alloantibody — an antibody that reacts with an antigen from a genetically different individual of the same species.
- amphiblastic — (of animal ova) showing complete but unequal cleavage after fertilization
- anti-liberal — favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.
- antiantibody — antibody that combines with another antibody.
13 letter words containing ib
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- admissibility — that may be allowed or conceded; allowable: an admissible plan.
- amphiblastula — the free-swimming larva of certain sponges, which consists of a hollow spherical mass of cells some of which have flagella
- anti-antibody — antibody that combines with another antibody.
- antibacterial — effective against bacteria
14 letter words containing ib
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- bible-thumping — an evangelist or other person who quotes the Bible frequently, especially as a means of exhortation or rebuke.
- circumbendibus — a circumlocution
- cognoscibility — capable of being known.
- combustibility — capable of catching fire and burning; inflammable; flammable: Gasoline vapor is highly combustible.
15 letter words containing ib
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- bibliographical — a complete or selective list of works compiled upon some common principle, as authorship, subject, place of publication, or printer.
- biobibliography — a bibliography containing biographical sketches of the authors listed.
16 letter words containing ib
- anti-prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- biocompatibility — the capability of coexistence with living tissues or organisms without causing harm: Artificial joint adhesives must have biocompatibility with bone and muscle.
- caducibranchiate — (of many amphibians, such as frogs) having gills during one stage of the life cycle only
- chinese-hibiscus — Also called Bengal rose. a rose, Rosa chinensis, of China, having slightly fragrant crimson, pink, or white flowers.
- disequilibration — to put out of equilibrium; unbalance: A period of high inflation could disequilibrate the monetary system.
17 letter words containing ib
- comprehensibility — capable of being comprehended or understood; intelligible.
- contrasuggestible — responding or tending to respond to a suggestion by doing or believing the opposite
- deoxyribonuclease — DNase.
- incompatibilities — not compatible; unable to exist together in harmony: She asked for a divorce because they were utterly incompatible.
- indestructibility — not destructible; that cannot be destroyed.
18 letter words containing ib
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- fibrocartilaginous — a type of cartilage having a large number of fibers.
- histocompatibility — the condition of having antigenic similarities such that cells or tissues transplanted from one (the donor) to another (the recipient) are not rejected.
- irresponsibilities — said, done, or characterized by a lack of a sense of responsibility: His refusal to work shows him to be completely irresponsible.
19 letter words containing ib
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
- hypersuggestibility — subject to or easily influenced by suggestion.
- incomprehensibility — impossible to understand or comprehend; unintelligible.
22 letter words containing ib
- deoxyribonucleoprotein — any of a class of nucleoproteins that yield DNA upon partial hydrolysis.
24 letter words containing ib
- dibasic-sodium-phosphate — Also called monobasic sodium phosphate. a white, crystalline, slightly hygroscopic, water-soluble powder, NaH 2 PO 4 , used chiefly in dyeing and in electroplating.
On this page, we collect all words with IB. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3215 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IB that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.