Words containing ian
3 letter words containing ian
- ian — a male given name, Scottish form of John.
5 letter words containing ian
- apian — of, relating to, or resembling bees
- arian — of, relating to, or characterizing Arius or Arianism
- asian — Asian means belonging to or relating to Asia. British people use this term especially to refer to India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. Americans use this term especially to refer to China, Korea, Thailand, Japan, or Vietnam.
- avian — of, relating to, or resembling a bird
- brian — Havergal (ˈhævəɡəl). 1876–1972, English composer, who wrote 32 symphonies, including the large-scale Gothic Symphony (1919–27)
6 letter words containing ian
- adrian — Edgar Douglas, Baron Adrian. 1889–1977, English physiologist, noted particularly for his research into the function of neurons: shared with Sherrington the Nobel prize for physiology and medicine 1932
- ariane — Rocketry. a French-built, three-stage, liquid-propellant rocket for launching satellites into orbit around the earth.
- banian — banyan
- bianca — a female given name: from an Italian word meaning “white.”.
- bianco — Mon·te [mawn-te] /ˈmɔn tɛ/ (Show IPA). Italian name of Mont Blanc.
7 letter words containing ian
8 letter words containing ian
- accadian — the eastern Semitic language, now extinct, of Assyria and Babylonia, written with a cuneiform script.
- actinian — belonging or pertaining to the order or suborder Actiniaria, comprising the sea anemones.
- adlerian — of or relating to Alfred Adler or his ideas
- aerarian — of or relating to the aerarium.
- aesopian — of Aesop or characteristic of his fables
9 letter words containing ian
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
- actuarian — Insurance. a person who computes premium rates, dividends, risks, etc., according to probabilities based on statistical records.
- affianced — betrothed; engaged.
- alabamian — of or relating to Alabama or its inhabitants
10 letter words containing ian
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- abyssinian — a native or inhabitant of Abyssinia
- addisonian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Joseph Addison or his works.
- adrianople — Edirne
11 letter words containing ian
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
12 letter words containing ian
- adrianopolis — Edirne
- aesthetician — a student of aesthetics
- ambartsumian — Viktor A(mazaspovich). 1908–96, Armenian astrophysicist, renowned for his description of radio sources as explosions in the core of galaxies
- anglo-indian — An Anglo-Indian person is someone whose family is partly British and partly Indian.
- antediluvian — Antediluvian things are old or old-fashioned.
13 letter words containing ian
- ante-meridian — occurring before noon.
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- antichristian — Pertaining to Antichrist.
- antinomianism — a person who maintains that Christians are freed from the moral law by virtue of grace as set forth in the gospel.
- anythingarian — a person who adheres to no particular creed
14 letter words containing ian
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- antiangiogenic — noting or pertaining to a substance that reduces the growth of new blood vessels needed by tumors to grow and metastasize.
- antiquarianism — pertaining to antiquaries or to the study of antiquities.
- arcado-cyprian — an ancient language group of eastern Greece.
- asian-american — of or connected with Americans of Asian ancestry
15 letter words containing ian
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- anti-malthusian — of or relating to the theories of T. R. Malthus, which state that population tends to increase faster, at a geometrical ratio, than the means of subsistence, which increases at an arithmetical ratio, and that this will result in an inadequate supply of the goods supporting life unless war, famine, or disease reduces the population or the increase of population is checked.
- aristotelianism — a philosophical tradition based on the wide-ranging belief system of Aristotle
- biostatistician — someone who studies or works professionally in the field of biostatistics
- canadianization — to make Canadian in character.
16 letter words containing ian
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-trinitarian — believing in or adhering to the doctrine of the Trinity.
17 letter words containing ian
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- darwinian-fitness — health.
- infralapsarianism — the doctrine, held by Augustinians and by many Calvinists, that God planned the Creation, permitted the Fall, elected a chosen number, planned their redemption, and suffered the remainder to be eternally punished (opposed to supralapsarianism).
18 letter words containing ian
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- parliamentarianism — advocacy of a parliamentary system of government.
- partial-vegetarian — a person who eats mostly plant foods, dairy products, and eggs, and occasionally chicken, fish, and red meat.
20 letter words containing ian
21 letter words containing ian
- disestablishmentarian — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
22 letter words containing ian
24 letter words containing ian
- disestablishmentarianism — a person who favors the separation of church and state, especially the withdrawal of special rights, status, and support granted an established church by a state; an advocate of disestablishing a state church.
25 letter words containing ian
28 letter words containing ian
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing ian
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with IAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2999 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.