Words containing ia
3 letter words containing ia
4 letter words containing ia
- abia — a state of SE Nigeria. Capital: Umuahia. Pop: 2 833 999 (2006 est). Area: 6320 sq km (2440 sq miles)
- apia — the capital of (Western) Samoa: a port on the N coast of Upolu. Pop: 41 000 (2005 est)
- aria — An aria is a song for one of the leading singers in an opera or choral work.
- asia — the largest of the continents, bordering on the Arctic Ocean, the Pacific Ocean, the Indian Ocean, and the Mediterranean and Red Seas in the west. It includes the large peninsulas of Asia Minor, India, Arabia, and Indochina and the island groups of Japan, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Sri Lanka; contains the mountain ranges of the Hindu Kush, Himalayas, Pamirs, Tian Shan, Urals, and Caucasus, the great plateaus of India, Iran, and Tibet, vast plains and deserts, and the valleys of many large rivers including the Mekong, Irrawaddy, Indus, Ganges, Tigris, and Euphrates. Pop: 4 164 252 000 (2011 est). Area: 44 391 162 sq km (17 139 445 sq miles)
- biak — an island in Indonesia, north of New Guinea: the largest of the Schouten Islands. Area: 2455 sq km (948 sq miles)
5 letter words containing ia
- aecia — the fruiting body of rust fungi, which bears chainlike or stalked spores.
- aeria — an area in the northern hemisphere of Mars.
- agria — a significant eruption of pustules
- alias — An alias is a false name, especially one used by a criminal.
- amnia — Anatomy, Zoology. the innermost of the embryonic or fetal membranes of reptiles, birds, and mammals; the sac in which the embryo is suspended.
6 letter words containing ia
7 letter words containing ia
8 letter words containing ia
- abbatial — of or relating to an abbot, abbess, or abbey
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
9 letter words containing ia
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- abyssinia — Ethiopia
- acalculia — an inability to make simple mathematical calculations
- acariasis — infestation of the hair follicles and skin with acarids, esp mites
- acarnania — region on the W coast of ancient Greece
10 letter words containing ia
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
- abyssinian — a native or inhabitant of Abyssinia
11 letter words containing ia
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abranchiate — having no gills
12 letter words containing ia
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- acciaccatura — a small grace note melodically adjacent to a principal note and played simultaneously with or immediately before it
- accusatorial — containing or implying blame or strong criticism
13 letter words containing ia
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
- administerial — of or concerned with administration; administrative: administerial matters.
14 letter words containing ia
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- acoenaesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
15 letter words containing ia
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- amphiarthrodial — a joint permitting only slight motion, as that between the vertebrae.
16 letter words containing ia
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
17 letter words containing ia
- anti-humanitarian — having concern for or helping to improve the welfare and happiness of people.
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
18 letter words containing ia
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
19 letter words containing ia
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
20 letter words containing ia
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
22 letter words containing ia
23 letter words containing ia
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
25 letter words containing ia
28 letter words containing ia
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing ia
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with IA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12502 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.