Words containing ho
4 letter words containing ho
5 letter words containing ho
6 letter words containing ho
7 letter words containing ho
- acholia — a condition involving partial or complete lack of bile secretion
- acholic — lack of a secretion of bile.
- agathon — c450–c400 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
- airhose — a hose for conducting air under pressure, as one connected to an air pump, an air brake, or a scuba tank.
- airshow — An airshow is an event at which aeroplane pilots entertain the public by performing very skilful and complicated movements with the aircraft in the sky.
8 letter words containing ho
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abhorrer — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- alcithoe — a daughter of Minyas who was driven mad for mocking Dionysus.
- alehouse — An alehouse is a pub.
9 letter words containing ho
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
- acanthous — spinous.
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
10 letter words containing ho
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- acrophobia — abnormal fear or dread of being at a great height
- acrophobic — a pathological fear of heights.
11 letter words containing ho
- abhominable — abominable.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
12 letter words containing ho
13 letter words containing ho
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- alcoholometer — an instrument, such as a specially calibrated hydrometer, for determining the percentage of alcohol in a liquid
- allochthonous — (of rocks, deposits, etc) found in a place other than where they or their constituents were formed
- alymphoplasia — (medicine) aplasia of the lymphoid tissue.
14 letter words containing ho
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- alektorophobia — The fear of chickens.
- alpha-naphthol — either of two isomeric hydroxyl derivatives, C 1 0 H 7 OH, of naphthalene (alpha-naphthol or 1-naphthol and beta-naphthol or 2-naphthol) white or yellowish crystals, with a phenolic odor, that darken on exposure to light: used chiefly in dyes, drugs, perfumes, and insecticides.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
15 letter words containing ho
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- anti-pathogenic — Pathology. capable of producing disease: pathogenic bacteria.
- anticholinergic — blocking nerve impulses through the parasympathetic nerves
- astrophotometry — the measurement of the intensity of light of celestial objects.
16 letter words containing ho
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anthropomorphous — shaped like a human being
17 letter words containing ho
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
- authoritativeness — having due authority; having the sanction or weight of authority: an authoritative opinion.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- chromolithography — the process of making coloured prints by lithography
18 letter words containing ho
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bronchocandidiasis — See under candidiasis.
19 letter words containing ho
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
20 letter words containing ho
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
21 letter words containing ho
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
On this page, we collect all words with HO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12919 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains HO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.