Words containing ha
3 letter words containing ha
4 letter words containing ha
- agha — aga
- ahab — the king of Israel from approximately 869 to 850 bc and husband of Jezebel: rebuked by Elijah (I Kings 16:29–22:40)
- ahaz — a king of Judah, 735?–715? b.c. II Kings 16; II Chron. 28:9.
- ahha — after hours home avoider: a young person who prefers to spend the time after work socializing, rather than return to an empty home
- asha — the cosmic principle of order, justice, righteousness, and truth.
5 letter words containing ha
6 letter words containing ha
- abkhaz — a member of a Georgian people living east of the Black Sea
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- afghan — Afghan means belonging or relating to Afghanistan, or to its people or language.
- agatha — a feminine name
- aghast — If you are aghast, you are filled with horror and surprise.
7 letter words containing ha
- abagtha — one of the seven eunuchs who served in the court of King Ahasuerus. Esther 1:10.
- abgatha — Abagtha.
- abishag — a young maiden brought to David in his old age as a nurse and companion. I Kings 1:1–4.
- abraham — the first of the patriarchs, the father of Isaac and the founder of the Hebrew people (Genesis 11–25)
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
8 letter words containing ha
- abiathar — a priest of Israel and a companion of David. I Sam. 22:20; II Sam. 15:24–36.
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
- agnathan — any jawless eel-like aquatic vertebrate of the superclass Agnatha, which includes the lampreys and hagfishes
- ahankara — the false identification of the purusha, or true inner self, with the body, the mind, or the outside world.
9 letter words containing ha
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- adephagia — bulimia (def 1).
- aethalium — a large, plump, pillow-shaped fruiting body of certain myxomycetes, formed by the aggregation of plasmodia into a single functional mass.
10 letter words containing ha
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- acronychal — occurring at sunset
- aerophagia — spasmodic swallowing of air, a habit that can lead to belching and stomach pain
11 letter words containing ha
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- adzharistan — an autonomous region in SW Georgia, bordered by Turkey and the Black Sea. 1120 sq. mi. (2900 sq. km). Capital: Batumi.
- afghanistan — a republic in central Asia: became independent in 1919; occupied by Soviet troops, 1979–89; controlled by mujaheddin forces from 1992 until 1996 when Taliban forces seized power; in the US-led 'war on terror' (2001) the Taliban were overthrown although their insurgency continues; generally arid and mountainous, with the Hindu Kush range rising over 7500 m (25 000 ft) and fertile valleys of the Amu Darya, Helmand, and Kabul Rivers. Official languages: Pashto and Dari (Persian), Tajik also widely spoken. Religion: Muslim. Currency: afghani. Capital: Kabul. Pop: 31 108 077 (2013 est). Area: 657 500 sq km (250 000 sq miles)
12 letter words containing ha
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- aeromechanic — an aircraft mechanic
- alexipharmic — acting as an antidote
- alhambresque — like the Alhambra, especially in richness of ornamentation
- allhallowmas — All Saints' Day.
13 letter words containing ha
14 letter words containing ha
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- alpha-naphthol — either of two isomeric hydroxyl derivatives, C 1 0 H 7 OH, of naphthalene (alpha-naphthol or 1-naphthol and beta-naphthol or 2-naphthol) white or yellowish crystals, with a phenolic odor, that darken on exposure to light: used chiefly in dyes, drugs, perfumes, and insecticides.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
15 letter words containing ha
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- anthropophagite — a cannibal
- antihemorrhagic — That stops or reduces hemorrhage.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
16 letter words containing ha
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
- approachableness — capable of being approached; accessible.
17 letter words containing ha
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- chalon-sur-saône — an industrial city in E central France, on the Saône River. Pop: 50 124 (1999)
- champagne-ardenne — a region of NE France: a countship and commercial centre in medieval times; it consists of a great plain, with sheep and dairy farms and many vineyards
18 letter words containing ha
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
19 letter words containing ha
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
21 letter words containing ha
- châlons-en-champagne — a town in NE France, on the River Marne: scene of Attila's defeat by the Romans (451 ad). Pop: 47 339 (1999)
23 letter words containing ha
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with HA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 13623 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains HA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.