Words containing grou
5 letter words containing grou
- group — any collection or assemblage of persons or things; cluster; aggregation: a group of protesters; a remarkable group of paintings.
- grout — a thin, coarse mortar poured into various narrow cavities, as masonry joints or rock fissures, to fill them and consolidate the adjoining objects into a solid mass.
6 letter words containing grou
7 letter words containing grou
- aground — If a ship runs aground, it touches the ground in a shallow part of a river, lake, or the sea, and gets stuck.
- grouchy — sullenly discontented; sulky; morose; ill-tempered.
- grounde — Obsolete spelling of ground.
- grounds — the solid surface of the earth; firm or dry land: to fall to the ground.
- grouped — Simple past tense and past participle of group.
8 letter words containing grou
9 letter words containing grou
- age-group — persons of approximately the same age and often of the same sex, nationality, educational or social background, etc.
- grouchier — Comparative form of grouchy.
- grouchily — In a grouchy manner.
- grouching — Present participle of grouch.
- groundage — a tax levied on ships that anchor in a port.
10 letter words containing grou
- background — Your background is the kind of family you come from and the kind of education you have had. It can also refer to such things as your social and racial origins, your financial status, or the type of work experience that you have.
- campground — A campground is the same as a campsite.
- cybergroup — A group based in cyberspace or on the Internet.
- fairground — Often, fairgrounds. a place where fairs, horse races, etc., are held; in the U.S. usually an area set aside by a city, county, or state for an annual fair and often containing exhibition buildings.
- foreground — the ground or parts situated, or represented as situated, in the front; the portion of a scene nearest to the viewer (opposed to background).
11 letter words containing grou
12 letter words containing grou
- backgrounded — Simple past tense and past participle of background.
- backgrounder — A backgrounder is a short article in a newspaper or magazine that provides background information about a particular subject.
- battleground — A battleground is the same as a battlefield.
- foregrounded — Simple past tense and past participle of foreground.
- groundbursts — Plural form of groundburst.
13 letter words containing grou
- air-to-ground — operating between an aircraft in flight and a target on the ground
- backgrounders — Plural form of backgrounder.
- backgrounding — Present participle of background.
- battlegrounds — Plural form of battleground.
- figure-ground — a property of perception in which there is a tendency to see parts of a visual field as solid, well-defined objects standing out against a less distinct background.
14 letter words containing grou
- dumping-ground — dump (def 17).
- groundbreaking — the act or ceremony of breaking ground for a new construction project.
- groundlessness — The state or condition of being groundless.
- groundskeepers — Plural form of groundskeeper.
- groundskeeping — The activity of tending an area of land for aesthetic or functional purposes; typically as an employee of a person or institution.
15 letter words containing grou
16 letter words containing grou
- ground-to-ground — (of weapons) designed to be fired at ground targets from the ground
18 letter words containing grou
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
20 letter words containing grou
- gill-over-the-ground — ground ivy.
On this page, we collect all words with GROU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 640 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GROU that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.