Words containing gr
3 letter words containing gr
4 letter words containing gr
- agra — a city in N India, in W Uttar Pradesh on the Jumna River: a capital of the Mogul empire until 1658; famous for its Mogul architecture, esp the Taj Mahal. Pop: 1 259 979 (2001)
- grab — to seize suddenly or quickly; snatch; clutch: He grabbed me by the collar.
- grad — one hundredth of a right angle.
- graf — Stephanie Maria ("Steffi") born 1969, German tennis player.
- gram — (in the Volsunga Saga) the sword of Sigmund, broken by Odin, repaired by Regin, and used again by Sigurd in killing Fafnir.
5 letter words containing gr
- aggro — Aggro is the difficulties and problems that are involved in something.
- agram — German name of Zagreb.
- agree — If people agree with each other about something, they have the same opinion about it or say that they have the same opinion.
- agri- — agriculture, esp. in relation to technology or business
- agria — a significant eruption of pustules
6 letter words containing gr
- agreed — If people are agreed on something, they have reached a joint decision on it or have the same opinion about it.
- agrege — winner in examination for university teaching post
- agrius — one of the Gigantes.
- algren — Nelson. 1909–81, US novelist. His novels, mostly set in Chicago, include Never Come Morning (1942) and The Man with the Golden Arm (1949)
- bagram — an air base in NE Afghanistan, near Kabul; now under the control of US forces
7 letter words containing gr
- aggrade — to build up the level of (any land surface) by the deposition of sediment
- aggress — to attack first or begin a quarrel
- agraffe — a fastening consisting of a loop and hook, formerly used in armour and clothing
- agrapha — sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels
- agravic — relating to zero gravity
8 letter words containing gr
- aegrotat — (in British and certain other universities, and, sometimes, schools) a certificate allowing a candidate to pass an examination although he has missed all or part of it through illness
- aerogram — an airmail letter written on a single sheet of lightweight paper that folds and is sealed to form an envelope
- aggrieve — to grieve; distress; afflict
- agraphia — loss of the ability to write, resulting from a brain lesion
- agraphic — having or relating to agraphia
9 letter words containing gr
- adigranth — Granth.
- aerograph — a device formerly used to make descriptions of the character of the upper atmosphere
- age-group — persons of approximately the same age and often of the same sex, nationality, educational or social background, etc.
- aggravate — If someone or something aggravates a situation, they make it worse.
- aggregate — An aggregate amount or score is made up of several smaller amounts or scores added together.
10 letter words containing gr
- actinogram — the record produced by the action of an actinograph.
- aerogramme — a lightweight letter form with imprinted stamp and gummed flaps, used for airmail correspondence to other countries; air letter
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
- aggrandise — to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
- aggrandize — To aggrandize someone means to make them seem richer, more powerful, and more important than they really are. To aggrandize a building means to make it more impressive.
11 letter words containing gr
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- aftergrowth — any secondary growth of a crop after harvesting
- aggradation — to raise the grade or level of (a river valley, a stream bed, etc.) by depositing detritus, sediment, or the like.
- aggravating — causing or full of aggravation: I've had an aggravating day.
12 letter words containing gr
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- aggressively — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- aggressivity — the state or quality of being aggressive
- aggrievement — the state of being aggrieved
- agranulocyte — a white blood cell without granules in its cytoplasm
13 letter words containing gr
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- aggregational — resulting from aggregation
- agreeableness — to one's liking; pleasing: agreeable manners; an agreeable sensation.
- agriculturist — an agricultural expert
14 letter words containing gr
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- aggressiveness — characterized by or tending toward unprovoked offensives, attacks, invasions, or the like; militantly forward or menacing: aggressive acts against a neighboring country.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
15 letter words containing gr
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- autolithography — a lithographic technique by which the artist draws or traces with a brush and pen directly on a stone or plate.
- autoradiography — the technique or process of making autoradiographs.
16 letter words containing gr
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anti-immigration — the act of immigrating.
- anti-integration — an act or instance of combining into an integral whole.
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
17 letter words containing gr
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- chromolithography — the process of making coloured prints by lithography
- chronographically — a timepiece fitted with a recording device, as a stylus and rotating drum, used to mark the exact instant of an occurrence, especially in astronomy.
- congregationalism — a system of Christian doctrines and ecclesiastical government in which each congregation is self-governing and maintains bonds of faith with other similar local congregations
18 letter words containing gr
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
19 letter words containing gr
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- echoencephalography — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
20 letter words containing gr
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- bowling-on-the-green — a game played with wooden balls on a level, closely mowed green having a slight bias, the object being to roll one's ball as near as possible to a smaller white ball at the other end of the green. Also called bowls, bowling on the green. Compare bowl2 (def 2), bowling green, jack1 (def 7), rink (def 5).
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
- gill-over-the-ground — ground ivy.
22 letter words containing gr
On this page, we collect all words with GR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7414 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.