Words containing go
2 letter words containing go
- go — to move or proceed, especially to or from something: They're going by bus.
3 letter words containing go
- ago — You use ago when you are referring to past time. For example, if something happened one year ago, it is one year since it happened. If it happened a long time ago, it is a long time since it happened.
- goa — a former Portuguese overseas territory on the W coast of India, consisting of the districts of Gôa, Daman, and Diu: annexed by India December 1961. Capital: Gôa.
- gob — the mouth.
- goc — General Officer Commanding(-in-Chief)
- god — the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
4 letter words containing go
- agog — If you are agog, you are excited about something, and eager to know more about it.
- agon — (in ancient Greece) a festival at which competitors contended for prizes. Among the best known were the Olympic, Pythian, Nemean, and Isthmian Games
- argo — the ship in which Jason sailed in search of the Golden Fleece
- bogo — BOGO is a way of encouraging more sales of a product by offering customers another item of the same type, free or for a reduced price.
- dago — a member of a Latin race, esp a Spaniard or Portuguese
5 letter words containing go
- agone — ago; past
- agony — Agony is great physical or mental pain.
- agora — the marketplace in Athens, used for popular meetings, or any similar place of assembly in ancient Greece
- algo- — denoting pain
- algol — the second brightest star in Perseus, the first known eclipsing binary. Visual magnitude: 2.2–3.5; period: 68.8 hours; spectral type (brighter component): B8V
6 letter words containing go
- adjigo — a yam plant, Dioscorea hastifolia, native to SW Australia that has edible tubers
- aerugo — verdigris.
- agogic — Music. stress given to a note through prolonged duration.
- agonal — relating to agony, esp before death
- agones — (in ancient Greece) a contest in which prizes were awarded in any of a number of events, as athletics, drama, music, poetry, and painting.
7 letter words containing go
- agogics — Music. stress given to a note through prolonged duration.
- agonies — extreme and generally prolonged pain; intense physical or mental suffering.
- agonise — to suffer extreme pain or anguish; be in agony.
- agonist — any muscle that is opposed in action by another muscle
- agonize — If you agonize over something, you feel very anxious about it and spend a long time thinking about it.
8 letter words containing go
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- agonized — Agonized describes something that you say or do when you are in great physical or mental pain.
- agostini — Giacomo (ˈdʒaːkomo). born 1942, Italian racing motorcyclist: world champion (500 cc. class) 1966–72, 1975; (350 cc. class) 1968–74
- algology — the branch of biology concerned with the study of algae
- algonkin — Algonquin
9 letter words containing go
- agonising — to suffer extreme pain or anguish; be in agony.
- agonistic — striving for effect; strained
- agonizing — Something that is agonizing causes you to feel great physical or mental pain.
- algometer — an instrument for measuring sensitivity to pressure (pressure algometer) or to pain
- algometry — a device for determining sensitiveness to pain caused by pressure.
10 letter words containing go
- alamogordo — city in S N.Mex.: pop. 36,000: site of testing range where first atomic bomb was exploded (July, 1945)
- algolagnia — a perversion in which sexual pleasure is gained from the experience or infliction of pain
- algologist — the branch of botany dealing with algae.
- algonquian — a family of North American Indian languages whose speakers ranged over an area stretching from the Atlantic between Newfoundland and Delaware to the Rocky Mountains, including Micmac, Mahican, Ojibwa, Fox, Blackfoot, Cheyenne, and Shawnee. Some linguists relate it to Muskogean in a Macro-Algonquian phylum
- algophilia — Pleasure from experiencing pain, especially sexually.
11 letter words containing go
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
- agonizingly — accompanied by, filled with, or resulting in agony or distress: We spent an agonizing hour waiting to hear if the accident had been serious or not.
- agoraphobia — an abnormal fear of being in open or public places
- agoraphobic — Someone who is agoraphobic suffers from agoraphobia.
- algophagous — feeding on algae, as certain insects.
12 letter words containing go
- allegoristic — writing or using allegory; interpreting in an allegorical sense.
- andragogical — the methods or techniques used to teach adults: Many educators believe that the principles of andragogy, as advanced by Malcolm Knowles, have great relevance to adult education; others are not so certain.
- antagonistic — If a person is antagonistic to someone or something, they show hatred or dislike towards them.
- antagonizing — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- antilegomena — the books of the New Testament which have been excluded from the canon of Scripture
13 letter words containing go
- allegorically — consisting of or pertaining to allegory; of the nature of or containing allgegory; figurative: an allegorical poem; an allegorical meaning.
- categorematic — (of a word) able to stand alone as a term or subject
- categorically — without exceptions or conditions; absolute; unqualified and unconditional: a categorical denial.
- chandernagore — a port in E India, in S West Bengal on the Hooghly River: a former French settlement (1686–1950). Pop: 162 166 (2001)
- cloth-of-gold — a garden plant, Crocus augustifolius, of the iris family, native to the Crimean mountains, having orange-red flowers.
14 letter words containing go
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
- antagonization — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- antigovernment — opposed to government
- basket-of-gold — a yellow-flowered perennial plant (Alyssum saxatile, now more properly Aurinia saxatilis) of the crucifer family, often used in rock gardens
- categorization — to arrange in categories or classes; classify.
15 letter words containing go
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
- branchiostegous — branchiostegal.
- cairngorm-stone — smoky quartz.
- flamingo-flower — a central American plant, Anthurium scherzeranum, of the arum family, having a red, coiled spadix and a bright red, shiny, heart-shaped spathe, grown as an ornamental.
- golgi-apparatus — an organelle, consisting of layers of flattened sacs, that takes up and processes secretory and synthetic products from the endoplasmic reticulum and then either releases the finished products into various parts of the cell cytoplasm or secretes them to the outside of the cell.
16 letter words containing go
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- gold-of-pleasure — a yellow-flowered Eurasian plant, Camelina sativa, widespread as a weed, esp in flax fields, and formerly cultivated for its oil-rich seeds: family Brassicaceae (crucifers)
- good-for-nothing — worthless; of no use.
17 letter words containing go
- congo-brazzaville — a republic in W Central Africa: formerly the French colony of Middle Congo, part of French Equatorial Africa, it became independent in 1960; consists mostly of equatorial forest, with savanna and extensive swamps; drained chiefly by the Rivers Congo and Ubangi. Official language: French. Religion: Christian majority. Currency: franc. Capital: Brazzaville. Pop: 4 492 689 (2013 est). Area: 342 000 sq km (132 018 sq miles)
- dihydroergotamine — an ergot alkaloid, C 33 H 37 N 5 O 5 , used in the treatment of various types of migraine headache.
- glycosphingolipid — (biochemistry) a lipid that contains at least one monosaccharide unit and either a sphingoid or a ceramide.
18 letter words containing go
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
20 letter words containing go
32 letter words containing go
- democratic-republic-of-the-congo — People's Republic of the, a republic in central Africa, W of the Democratic Republic of the Congo: formerly an overseas territory in French Equatorial Africa; now an independent member of the French Community. 132,046 sq. mi. (341,999 sq. km). Capital: Brazzaville. Formerly French Congo, Middle Congo.
On this page, we collect all words with GO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4758 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.