Words containing gen
4 letter words containing gen
5 letter words containing gen
- agena — a U.S. upper stage, with a restartable liquid-propellant engine, used with various booster stages to launch satellites into orbit around the earth and send probes to the moon and planets: also used as a docking target in the Gemini program.
- agent — An agent is a person who looks after someone else's business affairs or does business on their behalf.
- gen-x — An expert system developed by General Electric.
- genal — the cheek or side region of the head.
- genes — a male given name, form of Eugene.
6 letter words containing gen
- agency — An agency is a business which provides a service on behalf of other businesses.
- agenda — You can refer to the political issues which are important at a particular time as an agenda.
- argent — (as adjective; often postpositive, esp in heraldry)
- augend — a number to which another number, the addend, is added
- bergen — a large rucksack with a capacity of over 50 litres
7 letter words containing gen
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- aerogen — Any noble gas.
- agenais — an ancient region of SW France.
- agender — noting or relating to a person who does not have a specific gender identity or recognizable gender expression.
- agendum — agenda
8 letter words containing gen
9 letter words containing gen
- abiogenic — not resulting from the activity of living organisms.
- acnegenic — causing or able to cause acne.
- adaptogen — any of various natural substances used in herbal medicine to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- aerogenic — producing gas, as certain bacteria.
- agentival — of the performer of an action
10 letter words containing gen
- abstergent — cleansing or scouring
- acidogenic — producing acid, as bacteria, or causing acidity, as of the urine.
- agendaless — without an agenda; unplanned; purposeless
- albigenses — members of a Manichean sect that flourished in S France from the 11th to the 13th century
- allergenic — causing allergic sensitization.
11 letter words containing gen
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- alcaligenes — any of several rod-shaped aerobic or facultatively anaerobic bacteria of the genus Alcaligenes, found in the intestinal tract of humans and other vertebrates and in dairy products.
- alloantigen — an antigen present in some but not all individuals of the same species, as those in different human blood groups.
- amphigenous — (of certain parasitic fungi) growing on both sides of leaves.
12 letter words containing gen
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
- agglutinogen — an antigen that reacts with or stimulates the formation of a specific agglutinin
- amelogenesis — the production of enamel by ameloblasts
- angiogenesis — the induction of blood-vessel growth, often in association with a particular organ or tissue, or with a tumour
- anorexigenic — causing loss of appetite
13 letter words containing gen
- agent-general — a representative in London of a Canadian province or an Australian state
- allergenicity — causing allergic sensitization.
- anthropogenic — relating to anthropogenesis
- anti-androgen — any of a class of drugs that oppose the action of androgens; used in the treatment of prostate cancer and various male sexual disorders
- antigenically — Immunology. any substance that can stimulate the production of antibodies and combine specifically with them.
14 letter words containing gen
- aesthesiogenic — able to stimulate or produce sensation
- antiallergenic — not causing an allergic reaction
- antiangiogenic — noting or pertaining to a substance that reduces the growth of new blood vessels needed by tumors to grow and metastasize.
- carcinogenesis — the development of cancerous cells from normal ones
- chondrogenesis — the growth of cartilage
15 letter words containing gen
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anti-allergenic — not aggravating an allergy; intended or prepared for those suffering from an allergy: antiallergenic cosmetics.
- anti-pathogenic — Pathology. capable of producing disease: pathogenic bacteria.
- carcinogenicity — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- dehydrogenation — to remove hydrogen from (a compound).
16 letter words containing gen
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- chymotrypsinogen — the inactive precursor of chymotrypsin
- director-general — the executive head of an organization or of a major subdivision, as a branch or agency, of government.
- fifth-generation — denoting developments in computer design to produce machines with artificial intelligence
- first-generation — being the first generation of a family to be born in a particular country.
17 letter words containing gen
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- bioelectrogenesis — the production of electricity by organisms.
- counterinsurgency — action taken by a government to counter the activities of rebels, guerrillas, etc
- gentleman-at-arms — (in England) one of a guard of 40 gentlemen who attend the sovereign on state occasions.
- hyper-intelligent — having good understanding or a high mental capacity; quick to comprehend, as persons or animals: an intelligent student.
18 letter words containing gen
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
- gentleman-commoner — (formerly) a member of a class of commoners enjoying special privileges at Oxford University.
- inquisitor-general — the head of the Spanish court of Inquisition
- overgeneralization — the act or process of overgeneralizing.
19 letter words containing gen
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counterintelligence — Counterintelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- gentleman-pensioner — (formerly) a gentleman-at-arms.
- parthenogenetically — development of an egg without fertilization.
20 letter words containing gen
- philoprogenitiveness — producing offspring, especially abundantly; prolific.
23 letter words containing gen
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- mediated-generalization — the act or process of generalizing.
- response-generalization — the act or process of generalizing.
On this page, we collect all words with GEN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2632 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GEN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.