Words containing ga
3 letter words containing ga
4 letter words containing ga
- agag — an Amalekite king who was captured and spared by Saul but later killed by Samuel. I Sam. 15.
- agal — (among Arabs) a cord wound around a kaffiyeh to hold it in place.
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- alga — A simple nonflowering plant of a large group that includes the seaweeds and many single-celled forms . Algae contain chlorophyll but lack true stems, roots, leaves, and vascular tissue.
- amga — a river in E Russia, flowing NE to the Aldan River. 800 miles (1287 km) long.
5 letter words containing ga
- agada — the nonlegal or narrative material, as parables, maxims, or anecdotes, in the Talmud and other rabbinical literature, serving either to illustrate the meaning or purpose of the law, custom, or Biblical passage being discussed or to introduce a different, unrelated topic.
- agade — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- again — You use again to indicate that something happens a second time, or after it has already happened before.
- agama — any small terrestrial lizard of the genus Agama, which inhabit warm regions of the Old World: family Agamidae
- agamy — the absence of a rule dictating marriage choices within a social group.
6 letter words containing ga
- aargau — a canton in N Switzerland. Capital: Aarau. Pop: 556 200 (2002 est). Area: 1404 sq km (542 sq miles)
- agabus — a Christian prophet who predicted a great famine. Acts 11:28.
- agadir — a port in SW Morocco, which became the centre of an international crisis (1911), when a gunboat arrived to protect German interests. Britain issued a strong warning to Germany but the French negotiated and war was averted. In 1960 the town was virtually destroyed by an earthquake, about 10 000 people being killed. Pop: 385 000 (2003)
- agamic — asexual; occurring or reproducing without fertilization
- agamid — any other lizard of the family Agamidae, which occur in the Old World and Australia and show a wide range of habits and diversity of structure
7 letter words containing ga
8 letter words containing ga
- abnegate — to deny to oneself; renounce (privileges, pleasure, etc)
- abrogate — If someone in a position of authority abrogates something such as a law, agreement, or practice, they put an end to it.
- adjugate — adjoint (def 1).
- agalloch — the fragrant, resinous wood of an East Indian tree, Aquilaria agallocha, of the mezereum family, used as incense in Asia.
- agalwood — a soft, resinous wood of the Asain tree Aquilaria malaccensis, known for its aromatic qualities, and used in incense
9 letter words containing ga
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- abrogator — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- advergame — an online video game that promotes a particular brand, product, or marketing message by integrating it into the game.
- agalactia — absence or failure of secretion of milk
- agamemnon — a king of Mycenae who led the Greeks at the siege of Troy. On his return home he was murdered by his wife Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus
10 letter words containing ga
- abnegation — a giving up of rights, etc.; self-denial; renunciation
- abrogation — the act or an instance of abrogating, or repealing: abrogation of the treaty's responsibility.
- acromegaly — a chronic disease characterized by enlargement of the bones of the head, hands, and feet, and swelling and enlargement of soft tissue, esp the tongue. It is caused by excessive secretion of growth hormone by the pituitary gland
- agapanthus — a liliaceous plant, Agapanthus africanus, of southern Africa, having rounded clusters of blue or white funnel-shaped flowers
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
11 letter words containing ga
- agamospermy — formation of seeds in the absence of fertilization; a form of apomixis
- agastrophus — a son of Paeon who was slain by Diomedes.
- aggregating — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
- aggregation — the act or process of aggregating
- aggregative — aggregating or tending to aggregate
12 letter words containing ga
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
- agaricaceous — belonging to the Agaricaceae, a family of fungi including mushrooms having blade-shaped gills on the underside of the cap.
- amalgamation — the action or process of amalgamating
- anglo-gallic — noting or pertaining to the coins or series of coins issued by the English kings from Henry II to Henry VIII for their French domains.
- aplanogamete — a nonmotile gamete or conjugating cell found in lower algae
13 letter words containing ga
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- aganglionosis — (medicine) A medical condition involving absence of ganglia.
- aggregational — resulting from aggregation
- alligatorfish — a slender marine fish, Aspidophoroides monopterygius, of Atlantic seas, having overlapping plates covering the body.
- antilogarithm — a number whose logarithm to a given base is a given number
14 letter words containing ga
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- branchiostegal — of or relating to the operculum covering the gill slits of fish
- centrifugalize — to subject (something) to centrifugal motion
- circumnavigate — If someone circumnavigates the world or an island, they sail all the way around it.
- congregational — of or relating to a congregation
15 letter words containing ga
- astronavigation — celestial navigation
- austria-hungary — the Dual Monarchy established in 1867, consisting of what are now Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia-Herzegovina, and parts of Poland, Romania, Ukraine, and Italy. The empire was broken up after World War I
- biogasification — the conversion of organic matter into biogas.
- celo-navigation — celestial navigation.
- cytomegalovirus — a virus of the herpes virus family that may cause serious disease in patients whose immune systems are compromised
16 letter words containing ga
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-segregation — the act or practice of segregating; a setting apart or separation of people or things from others or from the main body or group: gender segregation in some fundamentalist religions.
- austro-hungarian — of or relating to the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary (1867–1918)
- bargain-basement — very low-priced.
- chagas---disease — an infectious disease caused by the protozoan Trypanosoma cruzi, occurring chiefly in tropical America and characterized by irregular fever, palpable lymph nodes, and often heart damage.
17 letter words containing ga
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- complex-conjugate — one of a group of conjugate words.
- congregationalism — a system of Christian doctrines and ecclesiastical government in which each congregation is self-governing and maintains bonds of faith with other similar local congregations
- congregationalist — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
- counterpropaganda — propaganda to offset or nullify unfriendly or enemy propaganda.
18 letter words containing ga
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
19 letter words containing ga
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing ga
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
On this page, we collect all words with GA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6599 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains GA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.