Words containing g
2 letter words containing g
- ag — an expression of surprise, annoyance, pleasure, etc
3 letter words containing g
4 letter words containing g
- acgi — Associate of the City and Guilds Institute
- actg — acting
- agag — an Amalekite king who was captured and spared by Saul but later killed by Samuel. I Sam. 15.
- agal — (among Arabs) a cord wound around a kaffiyeh to hold it in place.
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
5 letter words containing g
- abzug — Bella (Savitzky) [suh-vit-skee] /səˈvɪt ski/ (Show IPA), 1920–98, U.S. politician and women's-rights activist: congresswoman 1971–76.
- adage — An adage is something which people often say and which expresses a general truth about some aspect of life.
- adige — a river in N Italy, flowing southeast to the Adriatic. Length: 354 km (220 miles)
- aegir — the god of the sea
- aegis — sponsorship or protection; auspices (esp in the phrase under the aegis of)
6 letter words containing g
- aargau — a canton in N Switzerland. Capital: Aarau. Pop: 556 200 (2002 est). Area: 1404 sq km (542 sq miles)
- abying — Present participle of aby.
- aching — causing physical pain or distress: treatment for an aching back.
- acting — Acting is the activity or profession of performing in plays or films.
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
7 letter words containing g
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abagtha — one of the seven eunuchs who served in the court of King Ahasuerus. Esther 1:10.
- abatage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abgatha — Abagtha.
8 letter words containing g
- abattage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- abegging — in the act of begging
- abetting — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
9 letter words containing g
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abiogenic — not resulting from the activity of living organisms.
- aboardage — collision between two vessels meeting side-on or at a slight angle.
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
- abounding — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
10 letter words containing g
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abnegation — a giving up of rights, etc.; self-denial; renunciation
- aboriginal — An Aboriginal is an Australian Aborigine.
- aborigines — one of the original or earliest known inhabitants of a country or region.
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
11 letter words containing g
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- abridgement — a shortened or condensed form of a book, speech, etc., that still retains the basic contents: an abridgment of Tolstoy's War and Peace.
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
12 letter words containing g
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
13 letter words containing g
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- abyssopelagic — referring to or occurring in the region of deep water above the floor of the ocean
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
14 letter words containing g
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- administrating — to administer.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
15 letter words containing g
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
16 letter words containing g
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- anesthesiologist — An anesthesiologist is a doctor who specializes in giving anaesthetics to patients.
17 letter words containing g
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
18 letter words containing g
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
19 letter words containing g
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
22 letter words containing g
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words with letter G. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 70007 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains G that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.