Words containing fr
3 letter words containing fr
4 letter words containing fr
- afro — Afro hair is very tightly curled and sticks out all around your head.
- frae — from
- frag — to kill, wound, or assault (especially an unpopular or overzealous superior) with a fragmentation grenade.
- fran — Francis Asbury ("Fran") born 1940, U.S. football player.
- frap — to bind or wrap tightly with ropes or chains.
5 letter words containing fr
6 letter words containing fr
- affray — An affray is a noisy and violent fight, especially in a public place.
- afraes — Associate Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society
- afraid — If you are afraid of someone or afraid to do something, you are frightened because you think that something very unpleasant is going to happen to you.
- afreet — a powerful evil demon or giant monster
- afresh — If you do something afresh, you do it again in a different way.
7 letter words containing fr
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- affront — If something affronts you, you feel insulted and hurt because of it.
- afrasia — N Africa and SW Asia considered together.
- african — African means belonging or relating to the continent of Africa, or to its countries or people.
8 letter words containing fr
9 letter words containing fr
- affreight — to charter (a ship) as a freight carrier.
- affricate — a composite speech sound consisting of a stop and a fricative articulated at the same point, such as the sound written ch, as in chair
- affronted — experiencing an insult
- afrikaans — Afrikaans is one of the official languages of South Africa.
- afrikaner — Afrikaner means belonging or relating to the white people in South Africa whose ancestors were Dutch.
10 letter words containing fr
- affrighted — to frighten.
- affronting — a personally offensive act or word; deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult: an affront to the king.
- affrontive — characterized by a propensity to cause offence
- africander — one of a breed of red beef cattle, raised originally in southern Africa, well adapted to high temperatures.
- africanism — something characteristic of Africa or Africans, esp a characteristic feature of an African language when introduced into a non-African language
11 letter words containing fr
- affranchise — to release from servitude or an obligation
- affrication — the changing of (a consonantal speech sound) to an affricate
- affricative — of, relating to, or denoting an affricate
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- afrocentric — centered on, emphasizing, or showing the influence of African or, sometimes, African-American history and culture
12 letter words containing fr
- africanness' — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
13 letter words containing fr
- affreightment — a contract hiring a ship to carry goods
- afro-american — African-American
- anfractuosity — the condition or quality of being anfractuous
- anti-freudian — of or relating to Sigmund Freud or his doctrines, especially with respect to the causes and treatment of neurotic and psychopathic states, the interpretation of dreams, etc.
- birefringence — the splitting of a light ray, generally by a crystal, into two components that travel at different velocities and are polarized at right angles to each other
14 letter words containing fr
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- backside-front — backend-to.
15 letter words containing fr
- cheval-de-frise — a portable barrier of spikes, sword blades, etc, used to obstruct the passage of cavalry
- confrontational — If you describe the way that someone behaves as confrontational, you are showing your disapproval of the fact that they are aggressive and likely to cause an argument or dispute.
- congelifraction — the shattering or splitting of rock or frozen soil due to the action of frost.
- disenfranchised — to disfranchise.
- franco-american — an American of French or French-Canadian descent.
16 letter words containing fr
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- chevaux-de-frise — plural of cheval-de-frise.
- confrontationist — a person who confronts opposition, especially aggressively.
- disfranchisement — to deprive (a person) of a right of citizenship, as of the right to vote.
17 letter words containing fr
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- infralapsarianism — the doctrine, held by Augustinians and by many Calvinists, that God planned the Creation, permitted the Fall, elected a chosen number, planned their redemption, and suffered the remainder to be eternally punished (opposed to supralapsarianism).
18 letter words containing fr
23 letter words containing fr
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with FR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3546 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.