Words containing fl
3 letter words containing fl
4 letter words containing fl
5 letter words containing fl
- flabs — flabby flesh; unwanted fat: Daily exercise will get rid of the flab around your waist.
- flack — antiaircraft fire, especially as experienced by the crews of combat airplanes at which the fire is directed.
- flagg — James Montgomery, 1877–1960, U.S. painter and illustrator.
- flags — flagstone (def 1).
- flail — an instrument for threshing grain, consisting of a staff or handle to one end of which is attached a freely swinging stick or bar.
6 letter words containing fl
- afflux — a flowing towards a point
- aflame — If something is on fire, you can say it is aflame.
- afloat — If someone or something is afloat, they remain partly above the surface of water and do not sink.
- aflush — (archaic, or, poetic) flushed, blushing.
- baffle — If something baffles you, you cannot understand it or explain it.
7 letter words containing fl
- afflict — If you are afflicted by pain, illness, or disaster, it affects you badly and makes you suffer.
- afl-cio — American Federation of Labor and Congress of Industrial Organizations: a federation of independent American trade unions formed by the union of these two groups in 1955
- airflow — The airflow around an object or vehicle is the way that the air flows around it.
- aloofly — at a distance, especially in feeling or interest; apart: They always stood aloof from their classmates.
- baffled — lacking in understanding
8 letter words containing fl
- afflated — resulting from influence of someone or something
- afflatus — an impulse of creative power or inspiration, esp in poetry, considered to be of divine origin (esp in the phrase divine afflatus)
- affluent — If you are affluent, you have a lot of money.
- aflutter — in or into a nervous or excited state
- alderfly — any of various neuropterous insects of the widely distributed group Sialoidea, such as Sialis lutaria, that have large broad-based hind wings, produce aquatic larvae, and occur near water
9 letter words containing fl
- afflicted — to distress with mental or bodily pain; trouble greatly or grievously: to be afflicted with arthritis.
- afflicter — a person who causes distress, torment, or affliction
- affluence — Affluence is the state of having a lot of money or a high standard of living.
- affluency — affluence (def 2).
- affluenza — the guilt or lack of motivation experienced by people who have made or inherited large amounts of money
10 letter words containing fl
11 letter words containing fl
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- affluential — an affluent person who does not display his or her wealth in the form of material possessions
- anteflexion — a bending forward of an organ, especially of the body of the uterus.
- baffleplate — a plate used as a baffle.
- bloodflower — a showy milkweed, Asclepias curassavica, of tropical America, having brilliant orange-red flowers and smooth fruit.
12 letter words containing fl
- baffle-plate — a plate used as a baffle.
- biflagellate — having two flagella
- bioflavonoid — any of a group of biologically active flavone compounds that may help maintain the blood's capillary walls, reducing the likelihood of hemorrhaging: widely found in plants, esp. citrus fruits
- circumfluent — flowing around; surrounding; encompassing
- circumfluous — flowing all around
13 letter words containing fl
- antireflexive — noting a relation in which no element is in relation to itself, as “less than.”.
- belly-flopper — an awkward, usually unintentional dive in which the front of the body strikes the water horizontally, the abdomen or chest bearing the brunt of the impact.
- butterflyfish — any small tropical marine percoid fish of the genera Chaetodon, Chelmon, etc, that has a deep flattened brightly coloured or strikingly marked body and brushlike teeth: family Chaetodontidae
- cape-flattery — Cape, a cape in NW Washington, on the Olympic Peninsula, at the entrance to Juan de Fuca Strait.
- ciprofloxacin — a broad-spectrum antibiotic used against Gram-negative bacteria. It is effective against anthrax
14 letter words containing fl
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
- deflocculation — to reduce from a flocculent state by dispersing the flocculated particles.
- dinoflagellate — any of numerous chiefly marine plankton of the phylum Pyrrophyta (or, in some classification schemes, the order Dinoflagellata), usually having two flagella, one in a groove around the body and the other extending from its center.
- flabbergasting — to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
- flannelmouthed — talking thickly, slowly, or haltingly.
15 letter words containing fl
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
- dexfenfluramine — an adrenergic drug, a form of fenfluramine, formerly used in treating obesity but withdrawn from the market in 1997 because of its potential to cause valvular heart disease.
- fight-or-flight — denoting instinctive response
- flamingo-flower — a central American plant, Anthurium scherzeranum, of the arum family, having a red, coiled spadix and a bright red, shiny, heart-shaped spathe, grown as an ornamental.
16 letter words containing fl
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- choanoflagellate — any flagellate of the genera Monosiga and Proterospongia, having a protoplasmic collar encircling the base of the flagellum.
17 letter words containing fl
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
18 letter words containing fl
19 letter words containing fl
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- flame-of-the-forest — a leguminous tree, Butea frondosa, native to E India and Myanmar, having hanging clusters of scarlet flowers
22 letter words containing fl
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing fl
29 letter words containing fl
- floccinaucinihilipilification — Rare. the estimation of something as valueless (encountered mainly as an example of one of the longest words in the English language).
On this page, we collect all words with FL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4264 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.