Words containing fire
5 letter words containing fire
- afire — If something is afire or is set afire, it is on fire or looks as if it is on fire.
- fired — a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- firee — A person who has been fired.
- firer — a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- fires — Plural form of fire.
6 letter words containing fire
7 letter words containing fire
- bonfire — A bonfire is a fire that is made outdoors, usually to burn rubbish. Bonfires are also sometimes lit as part of a celebration.
- firearm — a small arms weapon, as a rifle or pistol, from which a projectile is fired by gunpowder.
- firebox — the box or chamber containing the fire of a steam boiler, furnace, etc.
- firebug — arsonist; incendiary; pyromaniac.
- firedog — andiron.
8 letter words containing fire
- autofire — (video games) A feature on a joystick that permits automatic firing, as though the player were repeatedly pressing the fire button.
- backfire — If a plan or project backfires, it has the opposite result to the one that was intended.
- balefire — a bonfire
- bushfire — an uncontrolled fire in the bush; a scrub or forest fire
- campfire — A campfire is a fire that you light out of doors when you are camping.
9 letter words containing fire
- all-fired — excessive; extreme
- backfired — Simple past tense and past participle of backfire.
- backfires — Plural form of backfire.
- blackfire — a disease of tobacco, characterized by angular, dark lesions on the leaves, caused by a bacterium, Pseudomonas angulata.
- brushfire — a fire in bushes and scrub
10 letter words containing fire
- brush-fire — limited in scope, area, or importance, as some labor disputes or local skirmishes.
- cease-fire — a temporary cessation of warfare by mutual agreement of the participants; truce
- ceasefires — Plural form of ceasefire.
- centerfire — designating a cartridge with the primer set in the center of the base
- cross-fire — lines of gunfire from two or more positions or combatants crossing one another, or a single one of such lines.
11 letter words containing fire
- center-fire — (of a cartridge) having the primer in the center of the base. Compare rimfire (def 1).
- centre-fire — (of a cartridge) having the primer in the centre of the base
- counterfire — fire that is intended to destroy enemy weapons
- fire-polish — to smooth (glass) by reheating to remove tool marks or other imperfections in the surface.
- fireballers — Plural form of fireballer.
12 letter words containing fire
13 letter words containing fire
- biscuit-fired — (of a ceramic object) fired to harden the body.
14 letter words containing fire
15 letter words containing fire
- fire-and-forget — used to describe a type of missile that, once fired, is able to guide itself to its target
17 letter words containing fire
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
- fire-extinguisher — a portable container, usually filled with special chemicals for putting out a fire.
18 letter words containing fire
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
On this page, we collect all words with FIRE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 411 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FIRE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.