Words containing fir
3 letter words containing fir
- fir — any coniferous tree belonging to the genus Abies, of the pine family, characterized by its pyramidal style of growth, flat needles, and erect cones.
4 letter words containing fir
5 letter words containing fir
- afire — If something is afire or is set afire, it is on fire or looks as if it is on fire.
- fired — a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- firee — A person who has been fired.
- firer — a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- fires — Plural form of fire.
6 letter words containing fir
- -fired — -fired combines with nouns which refer to fuels to form adjectives which describe power stations, machines, or devices that operate by means of that fuel.
- -first — -first combines with nouns like 'head' and 'feet' to indicate that someone moves with the part that is mentioned pointing in the direction in which they are moving.
- affirm — If you affirm that something is true or that something exists, you state firmly and publicly that it is true or exists.
- cofire — Alternative spelling of co-fire.
- enfire — to set alight
7 letter words containing fir
- affirms — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of affirm.
- bonfire — A bonfire is a fire that is made outdoors, usually to burn rubbish. Bonfires are also sometimes lit as part of a celebration.
- confirm — If something confirms what you believe, suspect, or fear, it shows that it is definitely true.
- firable — Capable of being fired (in various senses).
- firbank — (Arthur Annesley) Ronald. 1886–1926, English novelist, whose works include Valmouth (1919), The Flower beneath the Foot (1923), and Concerning the Eccentricities of Cardinal Pirelli (1926)
8 letter words containing fir
- affirmed — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
- affirmer — One who affirms.
- autofire — (video games) A feature on a joystick that permits automatic firing, as though the player were repeatedly pressing the fire button.
- backfire — If a plan or project backfires, it has the opposite result to the one that was intended.
- balefire — a bonfire
9 letter words containing fir
- affirmant — a person who affirms.
- affirmest — (archaic) Archaic second-person singular form of affirm.
- affirmeth — Archaic third-person singular form of affirm.
- affirming — to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
- all-fired — excessive; extreme
10 letter words containing fir
- affirmable — having the ability to be verified or confirmed
- affirmance — a verification, confirmation, or affirmation
- backfiring — Present participle of backfire.
- brush-fire — limited in scope, area, or importance, as some labor disputes or local skirmishes.
- cease-fire — a temporary cessation of warfare by mutual agreement of the participants; truce
11 letter words containing fir
- affirmation — the act of affirming or the state of being affirmed
- affirmative — An affirmative word or gesture indicates that you agree with what someone has said or that the answer to a question is 'yes'.
- affirmatory — showing or giving confirmation, ratification, or assertion
- affirmingly — in an affirming or asserting manner
- center-fire — (of a cartridge) having the primer in the center of the base. Compare rimfire (def 1).
12 letter words containing fir
13 letter words containing fir
14 letter words containing fir
- biscuit-firing — the first firing given to pottery, before it is glazed
- confirmability — the quality of being confirmable
- confirmational — providing proof or supporting evidence
- disaffirmation — The act of denial; a declaration that something is not true.
- fire-resistant — totally or almost totally unburnable.
15 letter words containing fir
16 letter words containing fir
- first-generation — being the first generation of a family to be born in a particular country.
- non-confirmation — the act of confirming.
- non-confirmatory — serving to confirm; corroborative.
- self-affirmation — the act or an instance of affirming; state of being affirmed.
- unconfirmability — to establish the truth, accuracy, validity, or genuineness of; corroborate; verify: This report confirms my suspicions.
17 letter words containing fir
- camp-fire-members — a U.S. organization for girls and boys that emphasizes the building of character and good citizenship through work, health, and love; originally founded for girls (Camp Fire girls) in 1910, it is now open to both boys and girls (Camp Fire members)
- confirmation-bias — the tendency to process and analyze information in such a way that it supports one’s preexisting ideas and convictions: Confirmation bias is a major issue when we get all our news from social media sites. Unfortunately, their experimental method was proven invalid due to confirmation bias.
- fire-extinguisher — a portable container, usually filled with special chemicals for putting out a fire.
- self-confirmation — the act of confirming.
18 letter words containing fir
- fire-and-brimstone — threatening punishment in the hereafter: a fire-and-brimstone sermon.
19 letter words containing fir
- first-past-the-post — A first-past-the-post system for choosing members of parliament or other representatives is one in which the candidate who gets most votes wins.
On this page, we collect all words with FIR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 849 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FIR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.