Words containing fin
4 letter words containing fin
5 letter words containing fin
- elfin — (with reference to a person) small and delicate, typically with an attractively mischievous or strange charm.
- final — pertaining to or coming at the end; last in place, order, or time: the final meeting of the year.
- finca — a ranch or large farm in a Spanish-speaking country, especially a plantation in tropical Spanish America.
- finch — any of numerous small passerine birds of the family Fringillidae, including the buntings, sparrows, crossbills, purple finches, and grosbeaks, most of which have a short, conical bill adapted for eating seeds.
- finde — Archaic spelling of find.
6 letter words containing fin
- affine — of, characterizing, or involving transformations which preserve collinearity, esp in classical geometry, those of translation, rotation and reflection in an axis
- baffin — William. c.1584–1622, English navigator and explorer who led several expeditions to find the North West Passage
- biffin — a variety of red cooking apple
- boffin — A boffin is a scientist, especially one who is doing research.
- bowfin — a primitive North American freshwater bony fish, Amia calva, with an elongated body and a very long dorsal fin: family Amiidae
7 letter words containing fin
8 letter words containing fin
- affinely — In an affine manner.
- affining — Present participle of affine.
- affinity — If you have an affinity with someone or something, you feel that you are similar to them or that you know and understand them very well.
- anfinsen — Christian Boehmer. 1916–95, US biochemist, noted for his research on the structure of enzymes. Nobel prize for chemistry 1972
- befinger — to finger all over
9 letter words containing fin
- auranofin — a gold-containing compound, C 20 H 34 AuO 9 PS, used orally in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- beefiness — The characteristic of being beefy.
- bullfinch — A bullfinch is a type of small European bird. The male has a black head and a pinkish-red breast.
- chaffinch — A chaffinch is a small European bird. Male chaffinches have reddish-brown fronts and grey heads.
- chaffings — Plural form of chaffing.
10 letter words containing fin
- affinities — a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc.
- affinition — (rare) The state or quality of being affined; mental affinity or attraction.
- affinitive — characterized by affinity; closely related or associated.
- chaffingly — in a rallying yet light-hearted manner
- chromaffin — showing a brown colour when in the presence of chromic acid
11 letter words containing fin
- chaffinches — Plural form of chaffinch.
- confineless — Boundless.
- confinement — Confinement is the state of being forced to stay in a prison or another place which you cannot leave.
- cycloolefin — any of the homologous series of unsaturated, alicyclic hydrocarbons, as cyclooctatetraene and cyclopentadiene, containing one double bond in the ring and having the general formula C 11 H 2n−2 .
- debriefings — Plural form of debriefing.
12 letter words containing fin
- astroturfing — a PR tactic used in politics and advertising in which actors are paid to display overt and apparently spontaneous grassroots support for a particular product, policy, or event
- bluesnarfing — the practice of using one Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone to steal contact details, ring tones, images, etc from another
- confinements — Plural form of confinement.
- couchsurfing — Couchsurfing is the practice of sleeping at the houses of several different people for a period of time without paying.
- cyberloafing — (informal) The use of computers by employees for purposes unrelated to work.
13 letter words containing fin
- butterfingers — a person who drops things inadvertently or fails to catch things
- cycloolefinic — of or like a cycloolefin
- cycloparaffin — any of a series of saturated alicyclic hydrocarbons of the general formula CnH2n, having a closed chain of three or more carbon atoms, as cyclohexane
- drownproofing — a survival technique, for swimmers or nonswimmers, in which the body is allowed to float vertically in the water, with the head submerged, the lungs filled with air, and the arms and legs relaxed, the head being raised to breathe every ten seconds or so.
- fault-finding — the act of pointing out faults, especially faults of a petty nature; carping.
14 letter words containing fin
- butterfingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- definitionally — the act of defining, or of making something definite, distinct, or clear: We need a better definition of her responsibilities.
- definitiveness — most reliable or complete, as of a text, author, criticism, study, or the like: the definitive biography of Andrew Jackson.
- fingerlessness — Absence of fingers.
- fingerpointing — Alternative form of finger-pointing.
15 letter words containing fin
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
- channel-surfing — Channel-surfing is the same as channel-hopping.
- defined-benefit — denoting an occupational pension scheme that guarantees a specified payout, usually based on an employee's final salary and years of service
- draughtproofing — Present participle of draughtproof.
- finger-pointing — the imputation of blame or responsibility.
16 letter words containing fin
18 letter words containing fin
- finite-dimensional — (of a vector space) having a basis consisting of a finite number of elements.
On this page, we collect all words with FIN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1151 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FIN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.