Words containing field
5 letter words containing field
- field — Cyrus West, 1819–92, U.S. financier: projector of the first Atlantic cable.
6 letter words containing field
7 letter words containing field
- enfield — a borough of Greater London: a N residential suburb. Pop: 280 300 (2003 est). Area: 55 sq km (31 sq miles)
- fielded — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- fielder — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- infield — Baseball. the diamond. the positions played by the first baseman, second baseman, third baseman, and shortstop, taken collectively. the infielders considered as a group (contrasted with outfield).
- upfield — away from the defending team's goal
8 letter words containing field
- airfield — An airfield is an area of ground where aircraft take off and land. It is smaller than an airport.
- canfield — a gambling game adapted from a type of patience
- fielders — Plural form of fielder.
- fielding — an expanse of open or cleared ground, especially a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- fieldset — (Internet) A group of related user interface controls that make up one portion of a form.
9 letter words containing field
10 letter words containing field
- bloomfield — Leonard. 1887–1949, US linguist, influential for his strictly scientific and descriptive approach to comparative linguistics; author of Language (1933)
- bluefields — a city in SW West Virginia.
- brickfield — an area of ground where bricks are made
- brookfield — a city in SE Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.
- broomfield — a city in N central Colorado.
11 letter words containing field
- bakersfield — city in SC Calif.: pop. 247,000
- battlefield — A battlefield is a place where a battle is fought.
- bergenfield — a city in NE New Jersey.
- butterfield — William. 1814–1900, British architect of the Gothic Revival; his buildings include Keble College, Oxford (1870) and All Saints, Margaret Street, London (1849–59)
- centerfield — the area of the outfield beyond second base and between right field and left field.
12 letter words containing field
- battlefields — Plural form of battlefield.
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- brickfielder — a hot wind in parts of Australia, originally applied to a wind which blew over Sydney carrying dust from the neighbouring Brickfields sand hills
- bright-field — of or relating to the illuminated region about the object of a microscope.
- broken-field — of or having to do with running in which the ball carrier zigzags so as to go past defenders and avoid being tackled by them
13 letter words containing field
- bloomfieldian — Linguistics. influenced by, resembling, or deriving from the linguistic theory and the methods of linguistic analysis advocated by Leonard Bloomfield, characterized especially by emphasis on the classification of overt formal features.
- centerfielder — (baseball) A player in the centerfield position.
- chesterfields — Plural form of chesterfield.
- field-glasses — Field-glasses are the same as binoculars.
- fieldstripped — Simple past tense and past participle of fieldstrip.
14 letter words containing field
- field-to-wheel — relating to all phases of biofuel production and use from growing to combustion
15 letter words containing field
18 letter words containing field
- sutton-in-ashfield — a market town in N central England, in W Nottinghamshire. Pop: 41 951 (2001)
On this page, we collect all words with FIELD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 359 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FIELD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.