Words containing ferr
5 letter words containing ferr
- ferry — a commercial service with terminals and boats for transporting persons, automobiles, etc., across a river or other comparatively small body of water.
6 letter words containing ferr
- ferrar — Nicholas. 1592–1637, English mystic. He founded (1625) an Anglican religious community at Little Gidding, Huntingdonshire
- ferret — a narrow tape or ribbon, as of silk or cotton, used for binding, trimming, etc.
- ferri- — indicating the presence of iron, esp in the trivalent state
- ferric — of or containing iron, especially in the trivalent state.
- ferro- — indicating a property of iron or the presence of iron
7 letter words containing ferr
- ferrara — a city in N Italy, near the Po River: medieval university and cathedral.
- ferrari — Enzo (ˈɛntso). 1898–1988, Italian designer and manufacturer of racing cars
- ferraro — Geraldine Anne ("Gerry") 1935–2011, U.S. politician: congresswoman 1978–84; first woman chosen as the vice-presidential nominee of a major political party 1984.
- ferrate — a salt of the hypothetical ferric acid, H 2 FeO 4 .
- ferrero — Guglielmo [goo-lyel-maw] /guˈlyɛl mɔ/ (Show IPA), 1871–1942, Italian historian and sociologist.
8 letter words containing ferr
- deferral — Deferral means the same as deferment.
- deferred — withheld over a certain period; postponed
- deferrer — to put off (action, consideration, etc.) to a future time: The decision has been deferred by the board until next week.
- ferreous — of, resembling, or containing iron: a ferreous alloy.
- ferreted — Simple past tense and past participle of ferret.
9 letter words containing ferr
- car-ferry — a vessel for transporting vehicles, in addition to passengers, across a body of water, esp as a regular service
- conferral — a conferring of an honor, degree, or favor; bestowal
- conferred — to consult together; compare opinions; carry on a discussion or deliberation.
- conferree — a person on whom something is conferred, especially the recipient of an academic degree.
- conferrer — A person who confers or bestows something.
10 letter words containing ferr
- conferrers — Plural form of conferrer.
- conferring — to consult together; compare opinions; carry on a discussion or deliberation.
- deferrable — capable of being deferred or postponed: a deferrable project.
- ferredoxin — any of a group of red-brown proteins containing iron and sulfur and acting as an electron carrier during photosynthesis, nitrogen fixation, or oxidation-reduction reactions.
- ferroalloy — an alloy of iron with some element other than carbon, used to introduce the element in the manufacture of steel.
11 letter words containing ferr
- apoferritin — a homogeneous protein, found especially in the intestinal mucosa and the liver, that interacts with a ferric hydroxide-ferric phosphate complex to form ferritin.
- conferrable — to consult together; compare opinions; carry on a discussion or deliberation.
- conferrence — an act of bestowal
- ferredoxins — Plural form of ferredoxin.
- ferricyanic — (inorganic chemistry) Of, pertaining to, or derived from a ferricyanide.
12 letter words containing ferr
- dispreferred — Simple past tense and past participle of disprefer.
- ferricyanide — a salt of ferricyanic acid, as potassium ferricyanide, K 3 Fe(CN) 6 .
- ferrocyanide — a salt of ferrocyanic acid, as potassium ferrocyanide, K 4 Fe(CN) 6 .
- ferrofluidic — Of or pertaining to a ferrofluid.
- ferrokinesis — (parapsychology) The ability to mentally manipulate iron and other metals.
13 letter words containing ferr
- ferricyanogen — (chemistry) A hexavalent radical, Fe2(CN)12, a compound of cyanogen and iron in the ferric state.
- ferrimagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance, as a ferrite, in which the magnetic moments of some neighboring atoms point in opposite directions, with a net magnetization still resulting because of differences in magnitudes of the opposite moments.
- ferroaluminum — a ferroalloy containing up to 80 percent aluminum.
- ferrochromium — a ferroalloy containing up to 70 percent chromium.
- ferroconcrete — reinforced concrete.
14 letter words containing ferr
- ferrimagnetism — (physics) a form of antiferromagnetism in which some magnetization remains below a critical temperature (the Neel temperature).
- ferroelectrics — Plural form of ferroelectric.
- ferromagnesian — (of minerals and rocks) containing iron and magnesium.
- ferromagnetism — noting or pertaining to a substance, as iron, that below a certain temperature, the Curie point, can possess magnetization in the absence of an external magnetic field; noting or pertaining to a substance in which the magnetic moments of the atoms are aligned.
- ferromanganese — a ferroalloy containing up to 90 percent manganese.
15 letter words containing ferr
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- ferrihemoglobin — methemoglobin.
- ferroelasticity — (physics) A phenomenon, analogous to ferromagnetism and ferroelectricity, in which spontaneous strain arises within a material.
- ferromolybdenum — a ferroalloy containing up to 60 percent molybdenum.
- magnesioferrite — (mineralogy) A magnesium iron oxide mineral, a member of the magnetite series of spinels, which forms black metallic octahedral crystals.
16 letter words containing ferr
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- ferroelectricity — (physics) The electric polarization of a substance (spontaneous presence of a dipole moment) that is analagous to ferromagnetism.
- hydroferricyanic — (chemistry) Pertaining to, or containing, or obtained from, hydrogen, ferric iron, and cyanogen.
- wire-transferred — to transmit (money or credit) by wire transfer.
17 letter words containing ferr
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- ferrimagnetically — In a ferrimagnetic manner.
- shutter-preferred — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the shutter speed and the camera selects the aperture.
18 letter words containing ferr
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
21 letter words containing ferr
- antiferromagnetically — In an antiferromagnetic manner.
On this page, we collect all words with FERR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 205 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FERR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.