Words containing fer
3 letter words containing fer
- fer — (dialectical, especially British) eye dialect of for.
4 letter words containing fer
5 letter words containing fer
- defer — If you defer an event or action, you arrange for it to happen at a later date, rather than immediately or at the previously planned time.
- feral — causing death; fatal.
- feres — Plural form of fere.
- feria — Ecclesiastical. a weekday on which no feast is celebrated.
- ferly — something unusual, strange, or causing wonder or terror.
6 letter words containing fer
- beefer — (slang) A police informer.
- biffer — someone, such as a sportsperson, who has a reputation for hitting hard
- buffer — A buffer is something that prevents something else from being harmed or that prevents two things from harming each other.
- caffer — Lb pejorative obsolete spelling of kaffir.
- chafer — any of various scarabaeid beetles, such as the cockchafer and rose chafer
7 letter words containing fer
- -ferous — bearing or producing
- alferez — (in Spain) a military officer who carries the flag during ceremonies
- aquafer — Alternative form of aquifer.
- aquifer — In geology, an aquifer is an area of rock underneath the surface of the earth which absorbs and holds water.
- beefers — Plural form of beefer.
8 letter words containing fer
- -iferous — containing or yielding
- afferent — bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cord
- aquifers — Plural form of aquifer.
- buffered — an apparatus at the end of a railroad car, railroad track, etc., for absorbing shock during coupling, collisions, etc.
- chaffery — the act of bargaining
9 letter words containing fer
- afferents — Plural form of afferent.
- altdorfer — Albrecht (ˈalbrɛçt). ?1480–?1538, German painter and engraver: one of the earliest landscape painters
- antilifer — a person in favour of abortion
- buffering — temporary storage of data
- car-ferry — a vessel for transporting vehicles, in addition to passengers, across a body of water, esp as a regular service
10 letter words containing fer
11 letter words containing fer
- apoferritin — a homogeneous protein, found especially in the intestinal mucosa and the liver, that interacts with a ferric hydroxide-ferric phosphate complex to form ferritin.
- bacciferous — bearing berries
- bulbiferous — (of plants) producing bulbs
- calciferous — forming or producing salts of calcium, esp calcium carbonate
- carniferous — bearing flesh.
12 letter words containing fer
13 letter words containing fer
14 letter words containing fer
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- antimoniferous — Containing or producing antimony.
- candlesnuffers — Plural form of candlesnuffer.
- circumferences — Plural form of circumference.
- circumferentor — an instrument that measures the circumference of a tyre
15 letter words containing fer
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- cholecalciferol — a compound occurring naturally in fish-liver oils, used to treat rickets. Formula: C27H44O
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
- cross-fertilize — to subject or be subjected to cross-fertilization
- cross-reference — A cross-reference is a note in a book which tells you that there is relevant or more detailed information in another part of the book.
16 letter words containing fer
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- coreferentiality — (of two words or phrases) having reference to the same person or thing.
- dedifferentiated — That has undergone dedifferentiation.
17 letter words containing fer
- anti-interference — intended to reduce electronic interference during radio transmissions
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- dedifferentiating — Present participle of dedifferentiate.
18 letter words containing fer
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- de-differentiation — a process by which structures or behaviors that were specialized for a specific function lose their specialization and become simplified or generalized.
- hyperproliferation — (biology) An abnormally high rate of proliferation of cells by rapid division.
- myeloproliferative — (medicine) of or pertaining to the presence of an abnormal proliferation of myelopoietic cells (from bone marrow).
- nonpreferentialism — of, relating to, or of the nature of preference: preferential policies.
19 letter words containing fer
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- deacetyltransferase — (enzyme) Any of a class of enzymes that remove acetyl groups, especially from a lysine residue of a histone.
- farnesyltransferase — One of the three enzymes in the prenyltransferase group, believed to play an important role in development of progeria and various cancers.
- interferometrically — By means of interferometry.
20 letter words containing fer
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
- self-differentiating — to form or mark differently from other such things; distinguish.
21 letter words containing fer
On this page, we collect all words with FER. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1525 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FER that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.