Words containing far
3 letter words containing far
- far — at or to a great distance; a long way off; at or to a remote point: We sailed far ahead of the fleet.
4 letter words containing far
- afar — Afar means a long way away.
- farb — (US) A historical reenactor (especially a US civil war reenactor) whose efforts at a historically accurate portrayal are, in the opinion of the speaker, inadequate. (For example, wearing a modern wristwatch with period costume.) The opposite of farb is \"hard-core\" (or hardcore), someone who is, in the opinion of the speaker, an \"authenticity fanatic\".
- farc — Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia, Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, a Marxist revolutionary guerrilla force engaging in armed struggle against the government of Colombia
- fard — facial cosmetics.
- fare — the price of conveyance or passage in a bus, train, airplane, or other vehicle.
5 letter words containing far
- afara — a tall W African hardwood tree
- farad — the standard unit of capacitance in the International System of Units (SI), formally defined to be the capacitance of a capacitor between the plates of which there appears a potential difference of one volt when it is charged by a quantity of electricity equal to one coulomb. Symbol: F.
- farah — Sir Mo(hamed). born 1983, British long-distance runner, born in Somalia: winner of the 5000 metres and the 10,000 metres at the 2012 and 2016 Olympics
- farce — a light, humorous play in which the plot depends upon a skillfully exploited situation rather than upon the development of character.
- farci — filled with with seasoned bread crumbs or other savory matter; stuffed.
6 letter words containing far
- alfaro — (Flavio) Eloy [flah-vyaw-e-loi] /ˈflɑ vyɔ ɛˈlɔɪ/ (Show IPA), 1864–1912, Ecuadorian political leader: president 1897–1901, 1907–11.
- cafard — a feeling of severe depression
- farads — Plural form of farad.
- farage — Nigel (Paul). born 1964, British politician; leader of UKIP (2006–09 and 2010–2016); member of the European Parliament from 1999
- farand — (UK dialectal) Fashioned; conditioned; seeming; having a specified disposition.
7 letter words containing far
- -farand — having a specified manner or appearance
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- airfare — The airfare to a place is the amount it costs to fly there.
- carfare — the fare that a passenger is charged for a ride on a bus, etc
- eelfare — (rare, obsolete) the movement of eels, especially migratory.
8 letter words containing far
9 letter words containing far
- al-farabi — Mohammed ibn Tarkhan. died 950, Muslim philosopher, physician, and mathematician, of central Asian origin
- bifarious — having parts arranged in two rows on either side of a central axis
- brainfart — an idea that a person voices without much consideration, such as during a brainstorming session
- fanfarona — a gold chain
- far-famed — widely known; famous.
10 letter words containing far
- arty-farty — If you describe someone as arty-farty, you are criticizing them for being interested in artistic ideas or activities that most people do not think are interesting or worthwhile.
- biowarfare — biological warfare.
- chiffarobe — Alternative form of chifforobe.
- far-seeing — having foresight; sagacious; discerning.
- faradizing — Present participle of faradize.
11 letter words containing far
- antiwelfare — opposed to the provision of welfare payments
- bio-warfare — biological warfare.
- confarreate — of or relating to confarreation
- fanfaronade — bragging; bravado; bluster.
- far-fetched — improbable; not naturally pertinent; being only remotely connected; forced; strained: He brought in a far-fetched example in an effort to prove his point.
12 letter words containing far
- artsy-fartsy — pretentiously artistic, sophisticated, etc.
- far-reaching — extending far in influence, effect, etc.: the far-reaching effect of his speech.
- faradization — to stimulate or treat (muscles or nerves) with induced alternating electric current (distinguished from galvanize).
- farcicalness — The property of being farcical.
- fardel-bound — (of ruminants) having the food impacted in the third compartment of the stomach; costive; constipated.
13 letter words containing far
- cape-farewell — Cape, a cape in S Greenland: most southerly point of Greenland.
- class-warfare — Also called class conflict. conflict between different classes in a community resulting from different social or economic positions and reflecting opposed interests.
- confarreation — (in ancient Rome) the highest form of marriage, which was marked by the offering of a cake to Jupiter
- diffarreation — (historical) A form of divorce, among the Ancient Romans, in which a cake was used.
- fare-you-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
14 letter words containing far
- fare-thee-well — a state of perfection: The meal was done to a fare-thee-well.
- farfetchedness — the quality of being far-fetched
- farmer-general — (in France, under the old monarchy) a member of a company of capitalists that farmed certain taxes.
- farsightedness — seeing objects at a distance more clearly than those near at hand; hyperopic.
- farthingsworth — the amount that can be bought with a farthing; a small amount
15 letter words containing far
- micromicrofarad — picofarad. Symbol: μμF.
16 letter words containing far
- gentleman-farmer — a man whose wealth or income from other sources permits him to farm for pleasure rather than for basic income.
- micro-microfarad — picofarad. Symbol: μμF.
- multifariousness — (uncountable) The characteristic of being multifarious.
- sulfarsphenamine — a yellow, water-soluble, arsenic-containing powder, C 1 4 H 1 4 As 2 N 2 Na 2 O 8 S 2 , formerly used in the treatment of syphilis.
18 letter words containing far
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
19 letter words containing far
On this page, we collect all words with FAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 602 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FAR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.