Words containing esc
4 letter words containing esc
5 letter words containing esc
6 letter words containing esc
- descry — to discern or make out; catch sight of
- enesco — Georges (ʒɔrʒ), original name George Enescu. 1881–1955, Romanian violinist and composer
- escape — An act of breaking free from confinement or control.
- escarp — The side of the ditch next to the parapet in a fortification; the scarp.
- escaut — Scheldt
7 letter words containing esc
- -escent — beginning to be, do, show, etc
- basescu — Traian. born 1951, Romanian politician, president of Romania (2004–14)
- bescour — to scour thoroughly
- brescia — a city in N Italy, in Lombardy: at its height in the 16th century. Pop: 187 567 (2001)
- crescas — Hasdai [khahs-dahy] /ˈxɑs daɪ/ (Show IPA), 1340–1412? Jewish philosopher and theologian, born in Spain.
8 letter words containing esc
9 letter words containing esc
- accresced — Simple past tense and past participle of accresce.
- acescence — The quality of being acescent; the process of acetous fermentation; a moderate degree of sourness.
- acquiesce — If you acquiesce in something, you agree to do what someone wants or to accept what they do.
- aeschines — ?389–?314 bc, Athenian orator; the main political opponent of Demosthenes
- aeschylus — ?525–?456 bc, Greek dramatist, regarded as the father of Greek tragedy. Seven of his plays are extant, including Seven Against Thebes, The Persians, Prometheus Bound, and the trilogy of the Oresteia
10 letter words containing esc
- accrescent — (of a calyx or other part) continuing to grow after flowering
- acquiesced — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- acquiesces — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- adolescent — Adolescent is used to describe young people who are no longer children but who have not yet become adults. It also refers to their behaviour.
- aeschylean — 525–456 b.c, Greek poet and dramatist.
11 letter words containing esc
- acaulescent — having no visible stem or a very short one
- accrescence — continual increase
- acquiescent — Someone who is acquiescent is ready to agree to do what someone wants, or to accept what they do.
- acquiescing — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
12 letter words containing esc
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
- adolescently — in an adolescent manner
- adularescent — (of minerals, such as moonstone) having or emitting a milky or bluish iridescence
- alkalescence — the process of developing alkaline qualities
13 letter words containing esc
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- adultolescent — a young adult or middle-aged person who has interests, traits, etc., that are usually associated with teenagers.
- concrescences — Plural form of concrescence.
- condescendent — to behave as if one is conscious of descending from a superior position, rank, or dignity.
14 letter words containing esc
15 letter words containing esc
- autofluorescent — Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting autofluorescence.
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
- condescendingly — In a condescending manner.
- crescent-shaped — having the shape of a crescent
- describableness — The quality of being describable.
16 letter words containing esc
- autofluorescence — (biology, microscopy) Self-induced fluorescence.
- chemiluminescent — Of, pertaining to, or employing chemiluminescence.
- chemoluminescent — (chemistry) Exhibiting chemoluminescence.
- eschatologically — In an eschatological manner.
- indescribability — (uncountable) The state or characteristic of being indescribable.
17 letter words containing esc
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- condescendingness — The state or quality of being condescending.
- immunofluorescent — Of, pertaining to, or using immunofluorescence.
- indescribableness — The quality of being indescribable.
18 letter words containing esc
- diaminofluorescein — (organic compound) A fluorescein into which two amino groups have been substituted.
- electroluminescent — Having the quality of electroluminescence.
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- pescadores-islands — (used with a plural verb) Penghu.
- thermoluminescence — phosphorescence produced by the heating of a substance.
19 letter words containing esc
- castelnuovo-tedesco — Mario [mah-ryaw] /ˈmɑ ryɔ/ (Show IPA), 1895–1968, U.S. composer, born in Italy.
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- electroluminescence — Luminescence produced electrically, especially in a phosphor by the application of a voltage.
21 letter words containing esc
On this page, we collect all words with ESC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 964 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ESC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.