Words containing dr
2 letter words containing dr
- dr — Dr is a written abbreviation for doctor.
3 letter words containing dr
- adr — adverse drug reaction
- cdr — Cdr is the written abbreviation for commander when it is used as a title.
- ddr — Deutsche Demokratische Republik (the former East Germany; GDR)
- dre — direct recording electronic: a system of voting in elections in which voters enter choices using an electronic device such as a touchscreen
- drg — any of the diagnostic categories in a system of Medicare reimbursement to hospitals: rates are determined by the average cost of treatment, hospital stay, etc. for a specific problem or category
4 letter words containing dr
- badr — Battle of, Islam. a decisive battle in the early days of Islam (a.d. 624), in which Muhammad with about 300 men overcame a force of about 1000 Meccans.
- cdre — Commodore
- cmdr — Cmdr is a written abbreviation for commander.
- drab — dull; cheerless; lacking in spirit, brightness, etc.
- drag — drag and drop
5 letter words containing dr
- adret — a side of a mountain receiving direct sunlight.
- andre — John. 1751–80, British major who was hanged as a spy for conspiring with Benedict Arnold during the War of American Independence
- bdrm. — bedroom
- cadre — A cadre is a small group of people who have been specially chosen, trained, and organized for a particular purpose.
- comdr — Commander
6 letter words containing dr
- adrian — Edgar Douglas, Baron Adrian. 1889–1977, English physiologist, noted particularly for his research into the function of neurons: shared with Sherrington the Nobel prize for physiology and medicine 1932
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
- adroit — Someone who is adroit is quick and skilful in their thoughts, behaviour, or actions.
- aldrin — a brown to white poisonous crystalline solid, more than 95 per cent of which consists of the compound C12H8Cl6, which is used as an insecticide. Melting pt: 105°C
- andrea — a feminine name
7 letter words containing dr
- address — Your address is the number of the house, flat, or apartment and the name of the street and the town where you live or work.
- adrenal — on or near the kidneys
- adreno- — adrenal glands
- air-dry — to dry by exposure to the air
- airdrie — a town in W central Scotland, in North Lanarkshire, E of Glasgow: manufacturing and pharmaceutical industries. Pop: 36 326 (2001)
8 letter words containing dr
- adrastea — a small satellite of Jupiter, discovered in 1979
- adrastos — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes.
- adrastus — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes, of whom he was the sole survivor
- adriatic — of or relating to the Adriatic Sea, or to the inhabitants of its coast or islands
- adrienne — a feminine name
9 letter words containing dr
- acrodrome — (of the veins of a leaf) running parallel to the edges of the leaf and fusing at the tip
- addressed — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addressee — The addressee of a letter or parcel is the person or company that it is addressed to.
- addresser — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
- addresses — a speech or written statement, usually formal, directed to a particular group of persons: the president's address on the state of the economy.
10 letter words containing dr
- achondrite — a rare stony meteorite that consists mainly of silicate minerals and has the texture of igneous rock but contains no chondrules
- addressees — the person, company, or the like to whom a piece of mail is addressed.
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
- adrenalize — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- adrenergic — releasing or activated by adrenaline or an adrenaline-like substance
11 letter words containing dr
- actinodrome — (of a leaf) palmately veined.
- addressable — possessing or capable of being reached by an address
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- adrenalized — tense or highly charged
12 letter words containing dr
13 letter words containing dr
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
- androcentrism — centered on, emphasizing, or dominated by males or masculine interests: an androcentric society; an androcentric religion.
14 letter words containing dr
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- androdioecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on separate plants
- antiadrenergic — Preventing or counteracting the effects of adrenaline.
15 letter words containing dr
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- beta-adrenergic — pertaining to or involving beta receptors
- chondroskeleton — the cartilaginous part of the skeleton of vertebrates
16 letter words containing dr
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- camborne-redruth — a former (until 1974) urban district in SW England, in Cornwall: formed in 1934 by the amalgamation of the neighbouring towns of Camborne and Redruth. Pop: 39 936 (2001)
- chondrodysplasia — (medicine) A genetic disorder characterized by short-limbed dwarfism.
17 letter words containing dr
- dehydrochlorinase — an enzyme that catalyzes the removal of hydrogen and chlorine atoms or ions from chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- dehydrochlorinate — to remove hydrogen chloride or chlorine and hydrogen from (a substance).
- dihydroergotamine — an ergot alkaloid, C 33 H 37 N 5 O 5 , used in the treatment of various types of migraine headache.
- dihydromorphinone — a narcotic compound, C 17 H 19 O 3 N, prepared from morphine and used chiefly as an analgesic.
- dimethylhydrazine — a flammable, highly toxic, and colorless liquid, C 2 H 8 N 2 , used as a component in jet and rocket fuels.
18 letter words containing dr
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- chlorohydroquinone — a white to light-tan, crystalline, water-soluble solid, C 6 H 3 Cl(OH) 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and as a developer in photography.
- dihydrotachysterol — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble sterol, C 28 H 46 O, derived from ergosterol: used chiefly in the treatment of hypoparathyroidism.
19 letter words containing dr
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- dihydrotestosterone — (steroid) An androgenic metabolite of testosterone; used to treat certain breast cancers.
20 letter words containing dr
21 letter words containing dr
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing dr
On this page, we collect all words with DR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4730 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains DR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.