Words containing dactyl
6 letter words containing dactyl
- dactyl — a metrical foot of three syllables, one long followed by two short (– ◡ ◡)
7 letter words containing dactyl
8 letter words containing dactyl
9 letter words containing dactyl
10 letter words containing dactyl
- -dactylous — having fingers, toes, etc. of a (specified) kind or number
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
- polydactyl — having many or several digits.
- syndactyly — the state of being syndactyl
- zygodactyl — Also, zygodactylous. (of a bird) having the toes of each foot arranged in pairs, with two toes in front and two behind.
11 letter words containing dactyl
- anisodactyl — (of the feet of passerine birds) having the first toe directed backwards and the other three toes directed forwards
- artiodactyl — any placental mammal of the order Artiodactyla, having hooves with an even number of toes; an even-toed ungulate. The order includes pigs, hippopotamuses, camels, deer, cattle, and antelopes
- dactylogram — a fingerprint
- dactylology — the method of using manual sign language, as in communicating with deaf people
- dactylonomy — The use of one's fingers to express numbers.
12 letter words containing dactyl
- artiodactyle — (zoology) One of the Artiodactyla, a group of ungulates.
- artiodactyls — Plural form of artiodactyl.
- dactyliology — the study of finger-rings
- dactyloscopy — the analysis of fingerprints for the purpose of identification
- dactylozooid — (zoology) A kind of zooid of Siphonophora with an elongated or even vermiform body, with one tentacle, but no mouth.
13 letter words containing dactyl
- brachydactyly — abnormal shortness of the fingers and toes.
- dactyliomancy — the use of a suspended finger-ring for divination
- dactylography — the scientific study of fingerprints for purposes of identification
- dactylomegaly — abnormal enlargement of the fingers or toes.
- dactylozooids — Plural form of dactylozooid.
14 letter words containing dactyl
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
- arachnodactyly — A condition in which the fingers and hands are abnormally long and slender.
- brachydactylia — abnormal shortness of the fingers and toes.
- brachydactylic — having abnormally short fingers or toes
- dactyliography — the art of engraving or writing on gems
15 letter words containing dactyl
On this page, we collect all words with DACTYL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 76 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains DACTYL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.