Words containing counte
7 letter words containing counte
8 letter words containing counte
- counter- — Counter- is used to form words which refer to actions or activities that are intended to prevent other actions or activities or that respond to them.
- counters — Plural form of counter.
- countess — A countess is a woman who has the same rank as a count or earl, or who is married to a count or earl.
- countest — to check over (the separate units or groups of a collection) one by one to determine the total number; add up; enumerate: He counted his tickets and found he had ten.
9 letter words containing counte
- accounted — an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative: an account of the meetings; an account of the trip.
- accounter — A person providing an account of events.
- countered — in the wrong way; contrary to the right course; in the reverse or opposite direction.
- encounter — Unexpectedly experience or be faced with (something difficult or hostile).
- recounted — to relate or narrate; tell in detail; give the facts or particulars of.
10 letter words containing counte
- counteract — To counteract something means to reduce its effect by doing something that produces an opposite effect.
- counterair — (military) Attacking the air force of an opposing power.
- counterbid — A counterbid is a bid that is made in response to a bid from another person or group, offering the seller more advantages.
- counterbug — (humour) A bug used as a relpy to refute another person's bug report, as in "counterargument".
- countercry — a cry responding to another cry
11 letter words containing counte
- beancounter — Alternative spelling of bean counter.
- countenance — If someone will not countenance something, they do not agree with it and will not allow it to happen.
- counter-ion — an ion in solution that associates itself with an ion of opposite charge on the surface of a member of a solute.
- counter-pin — bedspread.
- counteracts — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of counteract.
12 letter words containing counte
- countenanced — appearance, especially the look or expression of the face: a sad countenance.
- countenancer — One who countenances, favours, or supports.
- countenances — Plural form of countenance.
- countenaunce — Obsolete form of countenance.
- counter-fact — a conditional statement the first clause of which expresses something contrary to fact, as “If I had known.”.
13 letter words containing counte
- countenancing — appearance, especially the look or expression of the face: a sad countenance.
- counter-argue — to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
- counter-order — an order which revokes a previous order
- counter-power — ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
- counter-trend — the general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
14 letter words containing counte
- counter-attack — If you counter-attack, you attack someone who has attacked you.
- counter-boulle — contre-partie.
- counter-demand — to ask for with proper authority; claim as a right: He demanded payment of the debt.
- counter-gambit — a countermove
- counter-thrust — to push forcibly; shove; put or drive with force: He thrust his way through the crowd. She thrust a dagger into his back.
15 letter words containing counte
- counter-culture — Counter-culture is a set of values, ideas, and ways of behaving that are completely different from those of the rest of society.
- counter-measure — A counter-measure is an action that you take in order to weaken the effect of another action or a situation, or to make it harmless.
- counter-sinking — to enlarge the upper part of (a cavity), especially by chamfering, to receive the cone-shaped head of a screw, bolt, etc.
- counteractingly — In a way that counteracts.
- counteractively — In a counteractive manner.
16 letter words containing counte
- counter-argument — A counter-argument is an argument that makes an opposing point to another argument.
- counter-checking — a check that opposes or restrains.
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
- counter-petition — a formally drawn request, often bearing the names of a number of those making the request, that is addressed to a person or group of persons in authority or power, soliciting some favor, right, mercy, or other benefit: a petition for clemency; a petition for the repeal of an unfair law.
- counter-reaction — a reverse movement or tendency; an action in a reverse direction or manner.
17 letter words containing counte
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
- counter-espionage — Counter-espionage is the same as counter-intelligence.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
- counter-signature — a signature added by way of countersigning.
18 letter words containing counte
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counter-productive — Something that is counter-productive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words containing counte
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
20 letter words containing counte
- counter-inflationary — designed to reduce inflation
- counter-intelligence — Counter-intelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words containing counte
22 letter words containing counte
On this page, we collect all words with COUNTE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 474 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains COUNTE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.