Words containing count
5 letter words containing count
- count — A Count is a European nobleman with the same rank as an English earl.
6 letter words containing count
7 letter words containing count
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- counted — Simple past tense and past participle of count.
- counter — In a place such as a shop or café, a counter is a long narrow table or flat surface at which customers are served.
- country — A country is one of the political units which the world is divided into, covering a particular area of land.
- recount — to count again.
8 letter words containing count
- accounts — a chronological list of debits and credits relating to a specified asset, liability, expense, or income of a business and forming part of the ledger
- counter- — Counter- is used to form words which refer to actions or activities that are intended to prevent other actions or activities or that respond to them.
- counters — Plural form of counter.
- countess — A countess is a woman who has the same rank as a count or earl, or who is married to a count or earl.
- countest — to check over (the separate units or groups of a collection) one by one to determine the total number; add up; enumerate: He counted his tickets and found he had ten.
9 letter words containing count
- accounted — an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative: an account of the meetings; an account of the trip.
- accounter — A person providing an account of events.
- countable — capable of being counted
- countably — in a countable manner
- countback — a system of deciding the winner of a tied competition by comparing earlier points or scores
10 letter words containing count
- accountant — An accountant is a person whose job is to keep financial accounts.
- accounting — Accounting is the activity of keeping detailed records of the amounts of money a business or person receives and spends.
- countdowns — Plural form of countdown.
- counteract — To counteract something means to reduce its effect by doing something that produces an opposite effect.
- counterair — (military) Attacking the air force of an opposing power.
11 letter words containing count
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
- accountably — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
- accountancy — Accountancy is the theory or practice of keeping financial accounts.
- accountants — Plural form of accountant.
- accountings — the theory and system of setting up, maintaining, and auditing the books of a firm; art of analyzing the financial position and operating results of a business house from a study of its sales, purchases, overhead, etc. (distinguished from bookkeeping).
12 letter words containing count
13 letter words containing count
- countenancing — appearance, especially the look or expression of the face: a sad countenance.
- counter-argue — to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
- counter-order — an order which revokes a previous order
- counter-power — ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.
- counter-trend — the general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
14 letter words containing count
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accountantship — the occupation or post of an accountant
- counter-attack — If you counter-attack, you attack someone who has attacked you.
- counter-boulle — contre-partie.
- counter-demand — to ask for with proper authority; claim as a right: He demanded payment of the debt.
15 letter words containing count
- accountableness — the condition of being answerable or accountable
- counter-culture — Counter-culture is a set of values, ideas, and ways of behaving that are completely different from those of the rest of society.
- counter-measure — A counter-measure is an action that you take in order to weaken the effect of another action or a situation, or to make it harmless.
- counter-sinking — to enlarge the upper part of (a cavity), especially by chamfering, to receive the cone-shaped head of a screw, bolt, etc.
- counteractingly — In a way that counteracts.
16 letter words containing count
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- counter-argument — A counter-argument is an argument that makes an opposing point to another argument.
- counter-checking — a check that opposes or restrains.
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
- counter-petition — a formally drawn request, often bearing the names of a number of those making the request, that is addressed to a person or group of persons in authority or power, soliciting some favor, right, mercy, or other benefit: a petition for clemency; a petition for the repeal of an unfair law.
17 letter words containing count
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
- counter-espionage — Counter-espionage is the same as counter-intelligence.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
- counter-signature — a signature added by way of countersigning.
18 letter words containing count
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counter-productive — Something that is counter-productive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words containing count
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
20 letter words containing count
- counter-inflationary — designed to reduce inflation
- counter-intelligence — Counter-intelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words containing count
22 letter words containing count
On this page, we collect all words with COUNT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 906 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains COUNT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.