Words containing cou
4 letter words containing cou
5 letter words containing cou
- couch — A couch is a long, comfortable seat for two or three people.
- cough — When you cough, you force air out of your throat with a sudden, harsh noise. You often cough when you are ill, or when you are nervous or want to attract someone's attention.
- could — You use could to indicate that someone had the ability to do something. You use could not or couldn't to say that someone was unable to do something.
- count — A Count is a European nobleman with the same rank as an English earl.
- coupe — A coupé is a car with a fixed roof, a sloping back, two doors, and seats for four people.
6 letter words containing cou
- acount — Misspelling of account.
- coucal — any ground-living bird of the genus Centropus, of Africa, S Asia, and Australia, having long strong legs: family Cuculidae (cuckoos)
- couche — (of a shield) tilted
- coudé — relating to the construction of a reflecting telescope
- cougan — a rowdy person, esp one who drinks large quantities of alcohol
7 letter words containing cou
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- accourt — to be courteous towards
- acouasm — a nonverbal auditory hallucination, as a ringing or hissing.
- acouchi — any of several South American rodents of the genus Myoprocta, closely related to the agoutis but much smaller, with a white-tipped tail: family Dasyproctidae
- acousma — acouasm.
8 letter words containing cou
- accouche — (transitive) To aid in an accouchement.
- accounts — a chronological list of debits and credits relating to a specified asset, liability, expense, or income of a business and forming part of the ledger
- accouter — to outfit; equip, esp. for military service
- accoutre — to provide with equipment or dress, esp military
- acoustic — An acoustic guitar or other instrument is one whose sound is produced without any electrical equipment.
9 letter words containing cou
- abcoulomb — the cgs unit of electric charge in the electromagnetic system; the charge per second passing any cross section of a conductor through which a steady current of 1 abampere is flowing: equivalent to 10 coulombs
- accounted — an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative: an account of the meetings; an account of the trip.
- accounter — A person providing an account of events.
- accourage — to give encouragement to
- accoutred — equipped or dressed in a particular way
10 letter words containing cou
- abcoulombs — Plural form of abcoulomb.
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- accountant — An accountant is a person whose job is to keep financial accounts.
- accounting — Accounting is the activity of keeping detailed records of the amounts of money a business or person receives and spends.
- accoutered — to equip or outfit, especially with military clothes, equipment, etc.
11 letter words containing cou
- accoucheurs — Plural form of accoucheur.
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
- accountably — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
- accountancy — Accountancy is the theory or practice of keeping financial accounts.
12 letter words containing cou
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- accouplement — a timber joist or beam that serves as a tie or support
- accouterment — an accoutering or being accoutered
- accoutrement — Accoutrements are all the things you have with you when you travel or when you take part in a particular activity.
- acoustically — with reference to acoustics; from the standpoint of acoustics
13 letter words containing cou
- accouchements — Plural form of accouchement.
- accouterments — personal clothing, accessories, etc.
- accoutrements — all the things you have with you when you travel or take part in a particular activity, such as clothing and equipment
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- aeroacoustics — the study of the generation and transmittance of sound by fluid flow
14 letter words containing cou
15 letter words containing cou
- accountableness — the condition of being answerable or accountable
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- coulometrically — in a coulometric manner
- counter-culture — Counter-culture is a set of values, ideas, and ways of behaving that are completely different from those of the rest of society.
16 letter words containing cou
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- counter-argument — A counter-argument is an argument that makes an opposing point to another argument.
- counter-checking — a check that opposes or restrains.
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
17 letter words containing cou
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
- counter-espionage — Counter-espionage is the same as counter-intelligence.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counter-migration — a migration in the opposite direction.
18 letter words containing cou
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counter-productive — Something that is counter-productive achieves the opposite result from the one that you want to achieve.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words containing cou
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
- counter-proposition — a proposition made in place of or in opposition to a preceding one.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
- counterconditioning — the conditioning of a response that is incompatible with some previously learned response; for example, in psychotherapy an anxious person might be taught relaxation, which is incompatible with anxiety
20 letter words containing cou
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- counter-inflationary — designed to reduce inflation
- counter-intelligence — Counter-intelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- counterdemonstration — a demonstration that is held in reaction to another demonstration
- counterproliferation — Action intended to prevent an increase or spread in the possession of nuclear weapons.
21 letter words containing cou
22 letter words containing cou
34 letter words containing cou
- supreme-court-of-the-united-states — Supreme Court of the United States.
On this page, we collect all words with COU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2014 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains COU that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.