Words containing con
3 letter words containing con
- con — Con is the written abbreviation for constable, when it is part of a policeman's title.
4 letter words containing con
5 letter words containing con
- alcon — a noted archer who helped Hercules abduct the cattle of Geryon.
- ancon — a projecting bracket or console supporting a cornice
- ascon — a type of sponge having an oval shape and a thin body wall with pores leading directly into the spongocoel.
- bacon — Bacon is salted or smoked meat which comes from the back or sides of a pig.
- conad — Continental Air Defense Command.
6 letter words containing con
- ancona — a port in central Italy, on the Adriatic, capital of the Marches: founded by Greeks from Syracuse in about 390 bc. Pop: 100 507 (2001)
- ancone — an altarpiece, usually consisting of a painted panel or panels, reliefs, or statues set in an elaborate frame.
- balcon — Sir Michael. 1896–1977, British film producer; his films made at Ealing Studios include the comedies Kind Hearts and Coronets (1949) and The Lavender Hill Mob (1951)
- beacon — A beacon is a light or a fire, usually on a hill or tower, which acts as a signal or a warning.
- bicone — an object shaped like two cones with their bases together.
7 letter words containing con
- abscond — If someone absconds from somewhere such as a prison, they escape from it or leave it without permission.
- aconite — any of various N temperate plants of the ranunculaceous genus Aconitum, such as monkshood and wolfsbane, many of which are poisonous
- aglucon — an aglycon, especially one combined with glucose to form a glycoside.
- aglycon — a chemical compound formed from a glycoside when a hydrogen atom replaces a glycosyl group
- air-con — Air-con is the same as air conditioning.
8 letter words containing con
- aconitum — any plant belonging to the genus Aconitum, of the buttercup family, having irregular flowers usually in loose clusters, including species with poisonous and medicinal properties.
- aglycone — a chemical compound
- alcorcon — city in central Spain, near Madrid: pop. 140,000
- anaconda — a very large nonvenomous arboreal and semiaquatic snake, Eunectes murinus, of tropical South America, which kills its prey by constriction: family Boidae (boas)
- aniconic — (of images of deities, symbols, etc) not portrayed in a human or animal form
9 letter words containing con
- abscondee — a person who absconds; absconder.
- absconder — to depart in a sudden and secret manner, especially to avoid capture and legal prosecution: The cashier absconded with the money.
- aconcagua — a mountain in W Argentina: the highest peak in the Andes and in the W Hemisphere. Height: 6960 m (22 835 ft)
- aconitine — a poison extracted from aconite
- aniconism — the belief in not using or worshipping images of deities
10 letter words containing con
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- archdeacon — An archdeacon is a high-ranking clergyman who works as an assistant to a bishop, especially in the Anglican church.
- balconette — a lightly padded bra that is designed to lift and enhance the appearance of a woman's bust
- balopticon — a type of stereopticon for projecting images of objects by reflected light.
- berlusconi — Silvio (ˈsilvjo). born 1936, Italian politician and media tycoon: prime minister of Italy (1994–95, 2001–06, 2008–11); convicted of tax fraud and expelled from the Italian Senate in 2013
11 letter words containing con
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- androconium — a scale on the forewing of certain male butterflies from which an odor attractive to females is emitted.
- baconburger — a hamburger topped with strips of cooked bacon.
- benue-congo — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of African languages, consisting of the Bantu languages together with certain other languages of W Africa
- breconshire — (until 1974) a county of SE Wales, now mainly in Powys: over half its area forms the Brecon Beacons National Park
12 letter words containing con
- archdeaconry — the office, rank, or duties of an archdeacon
- beaconsfield — a town in SE England, in Buckinghamshire. Pop: 12 292 (2001)
- concatenator — to link together; unite in a series or chain.
- concelebrant — each of the priests celebrating the Eucharist or Mass jointly
- concelebrate — to celebrate (the Eucharist or Mass) jointly with one or more other priests
13 letter words containing con
- agro-economic — of or relating to a nation's agricultural economy, the financial problems of farmers as a group, etc.: mounting pressures on the agro-economic system.
- air-condition — to apply air conditioning to
- archidiaconal — of or relating to an archdeacon or his office
- biconditional — (of a proposition) asserting that the existence or occurrence of one thing or event depends on, and is dependent on, the existence or occurrence of another, as “A if and only if B.”.
- bicontinental — of, on, or involving two continents: a bicontinental survey.
14 letter words containing con
- anticonformity — action in accord with prevailing social standards, attitudes, practices, etc.
- anticonvulsant — any of a class of drugs used to prevent or abolish convulsions
- archidiaconate — the office, term of office, or area of jurisdiction of an archdeacon
- biocontainment — the confinement, as by sealed-off chambers, of materials that are harmful or potentially harmful to life.
- co-conspirator — a fellow conspirator; associate or collaborator in a conspiracy.
15 letter words containing con
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- class-conscious — Someone who is class-conscious is very aware of the differences between the various classes of people in society, and often has a strong feeling of belonging to a particular class.
- concavo-concave — (esp of a lens) having both sides concave; biconcave
- concealed-carry — the practice of carrying a concealed gun or other weapon in public.
- concertmistress — the first violinist in an orchestra
16 letter words containing con
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- conciliatoriness — tending to conciliate: a conciliatory manner; conciliatory comments.
- configurationism — Gestalt psychology
- confrontationist — a person who confronts opposition, especially aggressively.
17 letter words containing con
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- benjamin-constant — Henri Benjamin [ahn-ree ban-zha-man] /ɑ̃ˈri bɛ̃ ʒaˈmɛ̃/ (Show IPA), (Benjamin Constant) 1767–1830, French statesman and author, born in Switzerland.
18 letter words containing con
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
- congregationalists — a form of Protestant church government in which each local religious society is independent and self-governing.
19 letter words containing con
- conscience-stricken — feeling anxious or guilty
20 letter words containing con
- congressman-at-large — (in the US) a member of the House of Representatives who was elected by the voters of an entire state as opposed to the voters of a single Congressional district
21 letter words containing con
- conjunction-reduction — a rule that reduces coordinate sentences, applied, for example, to convert John lives in Ireland and Brian lives in Ireland into John and Brian live in Ireland
- consciousness-raising — Psychology. a group-therapy technique in which the aim is to enhance the participants' awareness of their particular needs and goals as individuals or as a group.
22 letter words containing con
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
23 letter words containing con
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
26 letter words containing con
- compassionate-conservatism — a political conservative who is motivated by concern for the needy but supports policies based on personal responsibility and limited government: George W. Bush ran for president as a compassionate conservative.
On this page, we collect all words with CON. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5828 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CON that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.